LAGUN Table

We're interested in having an after market installation of the extra Lagun table bracket on the exterior of our T@B for a quick way to store it when making up the bed at night.  We're just wondering if anyone has had this done and how satisfied you were with the outcome?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Michigan Mike has an outside install on his S model.  We have one on our clamshell.  We love it because we can leave it outside and use it with the Tab tent and leave our bed made up inside.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dsatworkdsatwork Member Posts: 744
    edited January 2018
    We love ours and always use it outside. It is primarily used to hold our convection toaster oven. We do occasionally put a diffuser outside on the table with citronella for mosquitos and bugs or Thieves oil to ward off bees.

We did the modification so that it can be dropped down all the way.

It's stored in the pasenger side wheel well, when it's not hanging on the outside.

Stored with the awning, bed slats, 12 volt air pump and a few other items that are easy to grab and put away. 

You can see the toaster oven in this shot.

2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
  • Hale_HonuHale_Honu Member Posts: 15
    We also only use ours outside.  It is perfect for coffee pot in the morning and rice cooker at night! ALSO perfect for THINGS you want on hand....flashlight, sunscreen, bug spray....or whatever. WE LOVE IT!

Dave and Colleen
    2017 Sofitel S Max |  2012 Tacoma SR5 Access w/Towing Package
    Ashland City, TN
  • mammabear34mammabear34 Member Posts: 5
    We're interested in having an after market installation of the extra Lagun table bracket on the exterior of our T@B for a quick way to store it when making up the bed at night.  We're just wondering if anyone has had this done and how satisfied you were with the outcome?

I'm a very new T@B owner, so lots to learn here...  where does one go to have this table installed?  I would love to get one eventually.  Sounds to me that most people who do MODS do them themselves?
    Paula & 2 yr old boy & a couple of 4-legged kids along for the ride.
    Vancouver, WA (near Portland OR)
    2015 T@B 320 S
    2016 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    edited January 2018
    @mammabear34, congratulations on your trailer. Welcome to the forum and into the t@b family. I can't say if it's most, but many of us do the mods ourselves. Some of us, in moments of genius, invent the modifications and some refine them. Almost everyone shares them, including pictures and/or measurements, along with their experience and handy tips. For many, part of the fun is making a list of things that look perfect for their style of camping/use, and accomplishing them. Whatever your choice or plan, the end result is enjoyment of your time with your trailer. Hope you have many great adventures, and most of all, happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Mammabear34 - if you are close to a TaB dealer, you or the dealer can order the Lagun table and bracket from nuCamp and have the dealer install it for you.  Be aware that in your model TaB, an exterior mount will not allow the table to drop down to chair height without some modification.  If no table, order it yourself and have any dealer install it.
  • hammerstonehammerstone Member Posts: 14
    Mammabear,

I ordered the Lagun hardware myself from https://www.rv-table-mount.com/.  It was $169 including shipping, but this did NOT include the top.  (They do sell some nice tabletops at the link above, i just opted to save some money and make my own.)  For the top, I purchased a 36" x 36" piece of 3/8" hardwood veneer plywood from Lowes for $28, cut it to size, and then mounted the Lagun base to it.  I rounded the corners and edged the sides with matching edging glued on with an iron.  Not that much work if you have a shop, if not i'd suspect you're money ahead just buying one of the built tops from Lagun. 

The more difficult part was putting the mounting bracket on and giving it the necessary support.  You can see what i did in the pictures, but your camper layout may require something different.  Happy to help if you need advice, i've got lots of that.

the pictures in the pdf folder i sent earlier show the top before it has been sanded, edged, and finished; it looks a lot better now that in the pictures.  if interested i can send more pictures.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I love the versatility of the Lagun system, but changed out the top. I wanted wood, smaller than the original and I didn’t have the energy to create one from scratch. I love my new top! Great price ($20 cutting board at WM), great size(2 can eat on it).
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    I love the versatility of the Lagun system, but changed out the top. I wanted wood, smaller than the original and I didn’t have the energy to create one from scratch. I love my new top! Great price ($20 cutting board at WM), great size(2 can eat on it).
    Is this the one? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-2-Tone-Large-15-Inch-x-21-Inch-Bamboo-Cutting-Board/102809387
    2017 Tab Basic S Silver on Silver with Sofitel Cushions....upgraded from 2013 LG 5W....Towed by a 2016 Sorento V6 AWD w/5000lb tow capacity. Dave S. married to Jen aka SanDiegoGal We pull a Tab but live in a 2014 Airstream International Signature 27 FBQ...Talk about embracing a trailer lifestyle.
    @dsatwork the pic didn’t load on the WM site but the description sounds like it. I flipped it over so the drip catching groove is underneath. When you go to mount it you have to offset it on the bracket. If you center it on the bracket when you flip it over part of the arm will be exposed(and yes, I meticulously centered it the first go around!). If I remember correctly one short side of the bracket will be almost at the far short edge of the board. When I get home and if I can remember I will snap a pic of the underside so you can see it. I also rub it down with mineral oil per @Verna’s instructions, as I had asked about that. Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    @Homebodyatheart very clever idea for a table that I'm sure works better for you. thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see it at east meets west or tabazona depending on which one you'll be at.
    @Homebodyatheart - I love your tabletop!  Hands down the best, easiest, cheapest tabletop mod I have seen.  Give her a TaB University badge!!
    I like it too!  I'm going to do some inlay on mine to dress it up, and I got to cut it to just the right size to double as the bed support, but yours wins for convenience!
    Aww shucks you guys are making me blush! Thanks! @dsatwork I'm hosting East Meets West and I'm looking forward to meeting you both!
  • marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378

@homebodyatheart, that looks exactly like what I'm interested in! It looks perfect. I got rid of the big fold down table in favor of slats but haven't been inclined to replace the table because we love the extra room and couldn't find a table top that suited us. This one fits the bill. Love the wood and the inlaid design. Dimensions seem about right. I'd be very much interested in seeing the underside and maybe a couple of measurements for lining up the brackets.

Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150

Also makes a great bedside table! 

@dsatwork here is the underside (camera was on the floor pointed up) This is how I offset it to look good from above. Have fun with whatever you do!
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Homebodyatheart, Glad YOU took that picture...I'd STILL be struggling to get my tukas off the floor! :rofl:
    Nice job on the table though! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Oh @ericnliz! I thought you knew me better than that! I have the power cord plugged in, moved the phone into position with my foot, used my big toe to snap the pic, then hauled the phone back up by the power cord. So, now that I’ve divulged yet another trade secret, hopefully you didn’t choke on whatever beverage you were sipping! :rofl:
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ha!!!!!!! Don't 'ya think I KNOW better than that by now!!!!! Sounds like some pretty tricky moves though! :o
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

@dsatwork here is the underside (camera was on the floor pointed up) This is how I offset it to look good from above. Have fun with whatever you do!
    Looks great....thanks
  • BigBlueBigBlue Member Posts: 14
    @Hammerstone - Would you mind posting the dimensions of the tabletop you made for the Lagun base? It looks like the perfect size for our 2007 T@B. Thanks!
    @100nightsinTAB in answer to your original question, we had the outside Lagun bracket mounted when they built our 320. I thought we’d use it often. I haven’t used it yet as I keep the table up inside and have a nice folding table for outside, but I figure it’s good for resale value some day.
    BigBlue,

Nice looking T@B!  My table top is 24" x 29 1/2".  The 29 1/2" dimension is the same as the factory table top, for fitting it in the space to make the bed; (i added two rails to support it).  The Lagun mount is centered in the 24" dimension, and is offset so one side is 6 1/2" from an edge.  I've attached a picture that should make it clear, but post or call if you have questions.  I decided on the 24" dimension and the location of the mount after cutting a piece of cardboard to the size of the original table, and then trimming it and moving the mount to different locations.  Since your trailer may be slightly different than mine, you may give that a try.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Homebodyatheart, I was about to give you a T@B University badge for T@B Yoga. Now I have to make a T@B University badge for most innovative use of camera to take awkward mod picture! :rofl: That sounded, um, >than PG. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The Lagun mount and table top are one of the best mods I've done to my T@B and it's always a great feeling creating our own little cafe outside the trailer and enjoying our morning coffee with the sounds of nature, taking in the fresh air, etc. or enjoying lunch or supper outdoors and relaxing, taking it all in.  

For anyone considering this mod and unsure of mounting the plate, etc. you might talk to dealer/dustributor or call the factory for additional information.  This can easily be done, but I know that drilling through the wall of these trailers makes even the most experienced individual anxious and it does pay to measure, re-measure and check things out completely.  

The mounting plate beneath the table should be checked and adjusted before final installation too as you will swivel and move the table around and in close proximity to the trailer wall when using it outdoors.  

And as SAM noted above, the aluminum upright support in the factory configuration will not allow you to sit in a chair and use the table conveniently.  I took this piece to a machine shop and had them drill a hole further down on the support piece, flipped the support over, re-installed the bolt and locking mechanism.  I posted some information a few years back but am on my iphone here in Arizona so I can't access the link as easily.  Maybe someone will post it up as it will give you an idea how to priceed.  The key is to get the tensioning handle in a position to squeeze the support bar and secure it in place.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner