Kuerig

Anybody that uses a kuerig, which one do you use and where do you set it up? On top of the stove cover?

Comments

• RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    We use the single serve like hotels use, no water tank. We usually set it outside on the Lagun table inside the tent.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I would suggest the one @RollingBnB mentioned. I had the one with the water tank and nice green algae grew in it frequently, no matter how much I cleaned it. I have a mug that fits under (you can take the bottom tray out). I pour coffee or hot chocolate in my insulated mug that can hold more coffee deliciousness. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
     =) I'm still looking for that ONE tree that has the outlet.....so, I leave mine at home & use ol' "trusty blue", the percolator I've had for 35 years! ;) A little Irish Cream & the day is lookin' better already! :joy:
    Seriously though, I saw LOTS of the single serves on sale at Target, KMart & ShopKo over the Holidays. You might want to check out the clearance sales. 
    Note: If I know @Dalehelman is gonna be in the near vicinity, I pack some K Cups & sneak over & use his! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350

Here is my "Poor Man's Kuerig" coffee maker.  No cords or batteries to mess with.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • duckblind123duckblind123 Member Posts: 61
    We use the Keurig K15 (mini) and it sits on top of our covered sink. It Is just the right size and marks just the right for our 2016 T@B Max S.

Marc & Janet
    2016 T@B Max S - 2017 Honda Pilot - Winchester,VA

• marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Another vote for the Keurig mini. Sits on the covered sink and stows in the bottom cabinet under the sink.
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I keep a one cup Melita drip cone and filters on hand. You can get similar cones with a fine mesh which eliminates the paper filters. You can also get a nice french press in various sizes.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    French press or Turkish coffee for me. 
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    The Stanley Mouintain System is like a French Press but without getting grounds in your coffee. I have the smaller one and my brother got the bigger one for scouting trips. He became the troop hero.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We've never had a better single-serve than from our Aeropress. Simple to use, easy rinse cleaning, and no plastic k-kup waste!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    jkjenn said:
    The Stanley Mouintain System is like a French Press but without getting grounds in your coffee. I have the smaller one and my brother got the bigger one for scouting trips. He became the troop hero.
    Nuthin' more that I hate than crunchy coffee!!! :coffee:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @Ratkity, Ok, I want you to put yer beverage DOWN! The first pot of coffee that my kind sweet wife Liz made for me was WAY beyond crunchy. I was busy doing some other things in camp, & Liz asked if I wanted coffee. I had ol' blue right from the start, (an old percolator style pot), and her thought was "he likes his coffee, so I'll fill the basket with coffee, and fill the pot with water, so he can have as many cups as he likes". Filling the pot with water, no problem...however, fill the basket to the top (Liz didn't drink coffee),.....not so much. Following filling my cup with coffee (and just a..tad of Irish Cream), we set out to go fishing. Having a lid on my cup, I didn't notice all the "floaties" until about the third good gulp. I spit more coffee grounds out than I can tell you from that one cup! Noticing me spitting a LOT, my sweet lady says "How's your coffee, and why are you spitting so much?" Reply: "Sweetie the coffee is great, but I think I swallowed a bug on the way down here". I sure miss that lady! ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

ROFL! Phew, beverage was put down. Nice save there @ericnliz
  • Jellybones11Jellybones11 Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2018
    @tbaz, that's mine too! I also picked up an inexpensive single serve Chefman. It isn't fancy but it works when I am on shore power. I keep the MyJo for boondocking.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    Hey @ericnliz, that's REAL camp coffee--you're s'posta filter those grounds with yer teeth!
    2015 T@B S
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ericnliz my step-mom, Rebecca, called it Under the Bridge Coffee, and she added an egg shell to keep the grounds towards the bottom. Guess we're all spoiled, aren't we?!  ;)
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Dad hooked me on caffeine when I was 8 years old! I was watching him sling the enamel coffee pot on my first camping trip and begged for a sip of the finished product. It must have been 2 years before Mom allowed me to sling the morning java myself, with the single admonition Do Not stop slinging at the 12 o'clock spot! For once, I obeyed. I think they had to wait until I could tell time.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

@ScottG, Ummmm...it was more like chewin' tobacco than grounds! If I smiled real big, you coulda' seen the grounds! :s I had to face the other way to spit so she wouldn't catch on. When I say she filled the basket ALL the way up, I mean ALL the way up. (I usually fill it 1/2 to 3/4 full of grounds at the MOST!) I took the top off when we got back to camp, & there were grounds stuck to the under side of the lid, , the OUTSIDE of the pot & the basket lid was CLEAR off the basket from the grounds pushin' it up. Kinda makes me smile when I think about it now.  :) Thinkin' about it now...she never did offer to make coffee again. HMMMM. :s
    @Homebodyatheart, A lil splash of cold water on top gives 'ya the same results with makin' the grounds fall. A lil something my Gramps taught me in huntin' camp when I was about 6, or 7. I usually don't even think about cookin' eggs before the second cup anyway!
    @Twojgrams, Yep, mine's one of those blue enamel pots. Still have it, still use it & it's NOT goin' anywhere any time soon! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Yes and yes never leave home without it. Any model will do. We have one that a tall cup will fit under.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • johntreacyjohntreacy Member Posts: 31
    We also use a drip cone. We have a silicone model that is Melita #2 size and collapses flat, which is nice for saving space. 
    Olympia, WA
    2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 
    2017 Tacoma SR5 AC 4x4 w/ 6 cyl Towing Package

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I didn’t realize how simple my life is since I don’t drink coffee ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    I didn't how simple my life is since I don't cook or eat veggies. All I have is either perked coffee in my trusty stainless pot (done correctly - a slow timed perk) or VIA if I'm feeling a desperate need to wake up quickly (sometimes both!). If I have an electric campsite, it's the simple Keurig.

I can bring it outside with my small water container and offer cups of coffee, tea or hot choc to my peeps although some of the earlier risers usually beat me to it! So I sleepily saunder over with my first cuppa and park myself 'round the circle and contemplate fishin', just visitin' and catching up with all or just go to the local diner and have 2nd breakfast. A nice lazy Saturday always seem to include the last two and fishin' is replaced with dem fish stories. :smile:

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,395
    Verna said:
    I didn’t realize how simple my life is since I don’t drink coffee ;)
    And I didn't realize how complicated my life was rolling out of bed everyday and making my coffee on the propane stove with a percolator.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S
  • JohnDanielsCPAJohnDanielsCPA Member Posts: 238
    @ScottG, yup, that’s what we do.  I have an 8 cup stainless steel percolator I picked up from Cabella’s years ago.
    2022 T@B 400 BD
    2019 Ford F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Long Bed
    You guys are FUNNY! I get the trusty ol' blue percolator ready the night before, so all I have to do is fire up the stove. Besides, I REALLY don't care if folks see me in my jammies or not...I sport some pretty cool ones! Ha, If 'ya don't like it, don't look! :coffee::rofl:
    Spokane, Wa.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @ericnliz- usually we would say we want pictures... not so sure on this one! :o
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

:rofl: I PROMISE I won't go out in the ones that have the flapper in the back! :rofl: (maybe)  ;)
    Spokane, Wa.