what to pack in a small tab.

For all the new tab owners like me..What are all the little things and big things we need to put in our TDs and TVs. All of your combined experience can make life so much easier for people like me. New and uneducated. Thankyou.

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And here's a great post from @HomebodyatheartI had a three level system: 1-what basics do I need to use the trailer? 2-practical things, like food, clothing, bedding, etc. 3 - everything else I think I might want on a trip, like games, books, knitting, etc. For me, a 15' rhino sewer hose has been a good length, Happy Campers enzyme powder for both tanks(Amazon- I've been camping once or twice a  month since April and to date have zero odor in either my tanks or the rhino hose!), plastic gloves for dumping, hand sanitizer, small notepad and pen kept in the trailer to list what you need to remember to bring next time, small bubble level for leveling(hardware store kind, any size, or phone app, or even a water bottle part way full), I use the Anderson Leveler for the wheel leveling, flashlight, headlamp lights are handy, too, as are Luci solar lights, tool kit including square head drill bits, ball bungee cords come in handy, qt and gallon ziploc bags for food storage (less space taken vs plastic containers), a few larger garbage sacks, just in case, silicone spray (spray the everloving out of your hitch handle, sides, and underside the first few times to help it loosen up!), first aid kit.  Think compact, think multi-purpose. Have fun with it, too!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Get the basics, chocks, water hose, sewer hose, clothes, linens, food, then go camping. Each trip make a list of what you need and keep adding. I've been T@Bing for 10 years +. Every trip/year, I make minor changes adjustments. It's a never ending process. :) Everyone is different. Everyone has different needs. One person's must have is another person's "no thank you"
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    It all depends on what type of camping you do and how long you will be gone. It took me a few months to figure out my camping style. My list is different than a lot of people because I don't spend much time hanging around the campsite, usually. I am out before sunrise and back before sunset. I also spent a summer working from my T@b, so that list was quite different, too.  You will learn what you need and don't need after a few months.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    I agree with all of the above.  Depends on where we are going and how long we are going to be gone... A week with friends where 35 of us are in one campground and not moving around is very different than the 2 week trip down the Oregon Coast at a different site each night.  A few things always go (basic tools, chocks, hoses, cords, first aid kit, stocked kitchen, bedding and towels)... rain gear stays in the hardest to get spot in hopes we never use it... clothes, food, chairs, ice chest or two.  I also keep a list that lets me at least think of everything I have ever taken and whether it is going or staying on each trip we take.  First decision is always if the BBQ is going or not... one night stays it stays home ;)
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• brookingsbrookings Member Posts: 39
    Thank you all. For me it would be the important things for cross country with a lot of boon dooking. Maybe months at a time. Not my personal items.  
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @brookings, there is a thread titled "fuses for newbies". Look that one up. Covers everything you should know about fuses in the older model t@bs. Almost all are applicable to the current models also. There are lists for outfitting and necessary tools too. These are great places to start, and cover any items essential or important. Good luck and enjoy the adventure of outfitting!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    Fuse info here!

(You can also find the original discussion in the "Battery/Electrical..." discussion.)
    2015 T@B S
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @brookings,  Agree with both @jkjenn, & @2Cougs. Depends on where, when & for how long to determine what you take. I made a list of several variables that I keep inside a plastic cover. I use a grease pencil to mark off items according to the type & duration of my trip. Has worked out great so far, as I can just wipe it off for the next trip & start over. That way I don't forget (I have an old rolodex for a memory & the pages get stuck together at times!) to take something, or take too much. If you're boondocking a lot, a good solar panel you feel comfortable with is a great asset. I've gone for ten days duration in one place (so far), and been quite comfortable. If it's anything over three days, I always make room for the Pit Barrel! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    ericnliz said:
    @brookings,  Agree with both @jkjenn, & @2Cougs. Depends on where, when & for how long to determine what you take. I made a list of several variables that I keep inside a plastic cover. I use a grease pencil to mark off items according to the type & duration of my trip. Has worked out great so far, as I can just wipe it off for the next trip & start over. That way I don't forget (I have an old rolodex for a memory & the pages get stuck together at times!) to take something, or take too much. If you're boondocking a lot, a good solar panel you feel comfortable with is a great asset. I've gone for ten days duration in one place (so far), and been quite comfortable. If it's anything over three days, I always make room for the Pit Barrel! :)
    I have a few Onenote Notebooks that I recycle as well as a Wunderlist list.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Brookings, first off Amazon Prime is your friend.  I will PM you our list of purchased items.  That will get you started.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    SAM said: I would love to see your list please.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Please take a multimeter. Pretty much any electrical problem you have, three or four of us will ask, “Do you have a multimeter?”
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York