Options

Maintenance Schedule

jehdfdjehdfd Member Posts: 27
I am planning to sit down with all of my different manuals and create a master maintenance schedule for all of the different pieces and parts of my new T@b. I searched the forums to see if anyone has done this and I couldn't find anything. If anyone has beat me to this project could I steal it from you? If not, I will create one and I'll try to remember to post it so you all can steal it. There are a lot of little things that I can see myself easily forgetting to do.
Aurora, Colorado - 2016 T@b Outback - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    jehdfd said:
    I am planning to sit down with all of my different manuals and create a master maintenance schedule for all of the different pieces and parts of my new T@b. I searched the forums to see if anyone has done this and I couldn't find anything. If anyone has beat me to this project could I steal it from you? If not, I will create one and I'll try to remember to post it so you all can steal it. There are a lot of little things that I can see myself easily forgetting to do.
    I haven't seen anything that is just a maintenance schedule, but it's a great idea!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I would think a lot of people would appreciate it!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I don't have a "schedule" per se, but I do the following (Dutchmen 2007 Clamshell)

Check tire air pressure - every trip
    Clean linens/vacuum - every trip
    Clean A/C filter - after every trip
    Wash 4 - 5 times a year
    Completely empty and super clean - twice a year
    While completely empty shine a flashlight from outside to dark inside to look for light coming through - if I see problems, take to dealer and have resealed.
    Check battery fluid level twice a year.
    Check surge brake mechanism twice a year.
    Lubricate surge grease points twice a year.
    Change CO2/Smoke Detector batteries twice a year
    Defrost fridge once a year
    Jack up tires once a year and check sealed bearings
    Replace tires every 4 years
    Replace CO2/Smoke Detector every 5 years
    Check expiration, replace staples/spices/bug spray/OTC medicine/first aid kit every spring
    Winterize at first freeze
    Lubricate stabilizer screws once a year
    Lubricate hitch ball/hitch mechanism once a year.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for this! It will be very helpful!

Some other items to add:

Clean the filter in the water pump inlet hose annually.
    Sanitize the fresh water system twice? per year.
    Check the Alde reservoir level annually.
    Test the Alde fluid for antifreeze percentage annually.
    Replace Alde fluid every three years.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    HappyCamperHappyCamper Member Posts: 29
    How about check the city water intake screen....    Great list!  I really needed it...  Headed to dealer for first service!   
  • Options
    SWTexMexSWTexMex Member Posts: 11
    I ride Honda motorcycles as well and in the owners manual they have a very specific maintenance schedule.  NuCamp doesn't provide this?  I like the lists provided above.  Any other items?  I'm looking to do maintenance on a 2017 Outback with about 1,350 miles on her and is about 8 months old.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Go to the manuals category to the left and find Tab Users Manual. I believe the latest is 2017. The general maintenance information starts on page 39.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @SWTexMex You're Welcome!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,436
    SWTexMex said:
    I ride Honda motorcycles as well and in the owners manual they have a very specific maintenance schedule.  NuCamp doesn't provide this?  I like the lists provided above.  Any other items?  I'm looking to do maintenance on a 2017 Outback with about 1,350 miles on her and is about 8 months old.
    Unlike your motorcycle, there's not a lot of critical moving parts on a camper. Outside of obvious problems like broken couplers and cracked frames, the critical things requiring regular inspection and maintenance would be the wheel bearings and brake mechanisms. The component manufacturer will usually provide their own schedule for those items.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks ScottG!  Just wanting to get off on the right foot!
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,436
    You're welcome, SWTexMex. That's not to say all the other suggested maintenance items are not worthwhile for keeping your camper in tip-top condition. However--unlike your motorcycle--there's not many things that will potentially injure you, or leave you stranded on the side of the road!  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Honda's never do that anyway!!  Lol!  Taking our first trip in our Outback in a month.  Actually picking it up this Friday! I'm preparing like crazy!
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    SWTexMex said:
    Honda's never do that anyway!!  Lol!  Taking our first trip in our Outback in a month.  Actually picking it up this Friday! I'm preparing like crazy!
    ohohoh @ericnliz!! Can I hijack the thread NOW??? 

NOW? Pluuuuueeeeeeeze?

(Congratz on the Outback @SWTexMex! You'll love it :) )

NOW? @ericnliz?
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Congrats @SWTexMex, Have fun & be safe out there! :) 
    Oh, Alright @Ratkity, however, the repercussions are ALL on you! ( and I have a pretty good idea where you're goin' with this one!) :o  
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    No hijacking!  Too much to learn!  Lol!
  • Options
    HARLEY DAVIDSON 2016 FATBOY S, 1805cc of POWAH... vrrrr0000m!
    <3 them all :peace:

2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
  • Options
    SWWWWEEET Ride @SWTexMex!! Love your taste in colors.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Hey, Sometimes 'ya just hafta let the crazy Doc ( @Ratkity ) loose for a minute! It usually makes 'ya either laugh, smile, or both! :rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    :rofl: I lost it a long time ago!! hehehe.