ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
edited March 2018 in Factory Comments
Anybody have pics? Reviews? Anything?
2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
Tampa, Florida

Comments

• TaBle42TaBle42 Member Posts: 37
    Good choice. I have the GMC Canyon Diesel - love it. We pick up our new T@B 400 this week.
    I too am right around the corner for retirement. 
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    • Are you looking for what NU Camp can do at your request to a 400 or what the owner has done to make changes for them selves?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    atlasb said:
    • Are you looking for what NU Camp can do at your request to a 400 or what the owner has done to make changes for them selves?
    I've heard that the interior dark wood might be available in the lighter wood and a microwave will be offered also.
    Tampa, Florida

TaBle42 said:
    Good choice. I have the GMC Canyon Diesel - love it. We pick up our new T@B 400 this week.
    I too am right around the corner for retirement. 
    I'm jealous. Did you order your 400? If so, how long was the delivery time?
    Tampa, Florida
    ecyfoto,  I also have heard about the lighter wood and the microwave.  I saw a pic of the microwave installed in the upper cabinet above the sink.  I have found that some of the things that I questioned before we got ours have turned out to be better than we expected and would not change them now if we got a chance.  We do like the darker wood as we feel that it gives some amount of richness to the interior and while we use a microwave for most of our cooking, I value the space above the sink for storage.  We have found that we have not used all the storage and each trip re think the items we thought we needed and will leave them at home.  Some things add a little extra comfort but don't get used enough to justify their added weight.  Part of the T@B ownership experience is that it allows the owner to modify things to meet their personality.  A good thing to do is to get to know your dealer and ask questions.  Our 400 experience has been more than we had expected and we enjoy it more every time we use it.  I continually learn something and the more I inspect and look at the more that I appreciate NU Camp and the support from their great staff.
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    I had a chance to see a 400 (next to an LG Max) a few weeks ago.  Things I noticed were the Lagun table and nicer fabric and firmer foam cushions.  I also noticed they boxed in the back shelf, with a hingeable lid...but it’s pulled away from the wall about 1/2” to let the radiator heat out...nice design.

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I’m starting to think a 400 might be in our future...someday. There’s only one thing I’ve seen that would bother me so much I’d have to change it - the swoop on the mismatched cabinets over the galley. I could live with dark woodwork or light woodwork but not the “swoop.” Not my style at all!
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • kayaker2kayaker2 Member Posts: 2
    If you don't like the "swoop" then order yours with the microwave. They got rid of the swoop and put in a solid door next to the micro and redesigned the open shelf at the end so that it has a curve like the other open shelves. The only thing I wish they hadn't done is put a door pull on the face of the panel next to the micro. It is the only door handle in the unit that I see. Should have left it so that you lift at the bottom in my opinion. 
  • TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited April 2018
    I have seen photos of the lighter wood, which I prefer.  I also saw the microwave, and the cabinets without the white "swoop" design.  I'm not a fan of the "swoop" either.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    I definitely prefer the darker wood and the swoosh. I think they give it a higher end look and feel. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2018
    We got the first glimpse of the spring version of the 400 camper, shown at the Louisville RV show. See youtube video between 2:20 and 3:33. It is beautiful! We have one on order and hope to see it in May.
    https://youtu.be/Iilz7gwXwQg
    Luigi said:
    We got the first glimpse of the spring version of the 400 camper, shown at the Louisville RV show. See youtube video between 2:20 and 3:33. It is beautiful! We have one on order and hope to see it in May.
    Hi Luigi
    So what's the approx. time from ordering to delivery now?
    Tampa, Florida
  • PeteRisslerPeteRissler Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2018
    Luigi said:

Does anyone know what the Nucamp trailer is at 3:32?
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    At 3:32 - it is the nuCamp Cirrus truck camper.  Nice!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 29
    edited May 2018
    @ecyfoto
    we ordered our TAB 400 on January 3rd and will finally get it this week. We had to wait for the updates since we wanted a built in microwave.
  • Justin_in_SeattleJustin_in_Seattle Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2018
    Interesting change. We have last year's 400 without a microwave. We actually bought a very small microwave and we keep it stowed in the closet and simply take it out when we need it.

Now that I think of it, I could probably remove a cabinet door and permanently install our little microwave into the space above the counter, and then frame it in to look nice. But we'd lose at least one storage cabinet, and my wife likes to keep the bulk of her kitchen-related stuff stored over the counter, and storage space is already at a premium in the 400.
    2018 nuCamp T@B 400  +  2016 BMW X1 tow vehicle
    Luigi said:
    @ecyfoto
    we ordered our TAB 400 on January 3rd and will finally get it this week. We had to wait for the updates since we wanted a built in microwave.
    Congrats. I'm only interested in the lighter wood. Did you order that along with the microwave?
    Tampa, Florida
  • ColinsTab400ColinsTab400 Member Posts: 25
    Anyone know the wattage requirement on the microwave?

• NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    edited July 2018
    @ColinsTab400 Mine is a High Pointe EM925AQR. 900 watts. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

I considered installing a small microwave in the top of the closet.  I found out, that it needs to be one that is designed for built in use only.  The one that we currently use is not for built in use.  The one needed has venting around the unit.  I decided to build a small portable platform that sit's on the edge of the bed and can be used.  When we are ready to use the bed, I simply place the microwave on the counter and remove the platform.  Really like having the counter space and we use the microwave mostly to cook or reheat.  Probably will not use the provided stove.  Also have a small toaster oven and an induction cook top that we use at times.
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I have the one with the microwave-it is good size-when traveling i put my nested pots n pans set in there and there is still room for a few counter top things so the glass plate doesn't rattle around
  • kaylevine1kaylevine1 Member Posts: 165
    I wish I had known i could upgrate the tongue bin to the diamond plated one-i think i will try to have that done sometime-
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    Does the diamond plate bin have a floor in it?
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 754
    @BigGrover
    It does have a floor but the back is open.  There is a small (1.5" - 2.0") lip at the back of the floor and one at the top of the bin.  I'm thinking a piece of expanded metal pop riveted to the back would be ideal.
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    @BigGrover
    It does have a floor but the back is open.  There is a small (1.5" - 2.0") lip at the back of the floor and one at the top of the bin.  I'm thinking a piece of expanded metal pop riveted to the back would be ideal.
    I'm a city dweller without any space for working on my T@B so I can't do much fabricating.
    I bought this piece of aluminum and cut it down to size and made holes for the propane & electrical.
    I made the holes oversize to ensure that critical lines won't get nicked. I also improvised protective grommets with Gorilla tape and I'll probably slide a piece of hose over the lines for extra protection. 
    I plan to rivet the panel in place but for now it's just taped there. I'll try to post a photo later.
    My intention is to throw things like work gloves and chocks in the tub - nothing too heavy.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    I was thinking some kind of wire mesh would would work too.  I'd like to be able to put my water hose, filter, chocks and levelers in it.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • gulfareagulfarea Member Posts: 504
    Wire mesh is better as you want to vent that area in case of propane leak. Art
    2019 TaB 320 S Boondock Edge