Axle location & Lagun mount

RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
edited August 2019 in Factory Comments
Is it normal for the wheel to not be centered in the wheel well? During our maiden voyage, I thought it looked a little off, and when I measured it, the tire is about an inch from the front of the wheel well, but 3 inches from the rear.
2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
Urbana, MD

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Yes, ours is similar and that also explains why it is recommended to place the Brahma lock on the passenger side as there is more space in the wheel well at the rear of the tire.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @RogerL, just noticed your Lagun mount.  Can you drop that table?  It looks like the post would hit the fender.  Or did they bump it out?
  • RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
    SAM said:
    @RogerL, just noticed your Lagun mount.  Can you drop that table?  It looks like the post would hit the fender.  Or did they bump it out?
    Unfortunately, when I asked the dealer to install the Lagun mount, I assumed they would know what they were doing and install it behind the cargo door as it was on the other units in stock. They apparently didn't want to take the time to do it correctly, and I was ignorant of the problem (being a newbie) until I tried to use it.  I thought about moving it out, but thought that would look pretty ugly (and when I started to do it myself I found that only the bottom screws go into the backing block; the top screws are only 2" long!). 

I've asked for it to be corrected at my first service visit, but I'm not sure how. I don't think I want them to bump it out, nor remove it since I don't know how holes are repaired in the Azdel. Maybe install another one located in the correct position (which would require removal of the refrigerator), or have them buy me another table mount that I could have cut down so the table would be at the correct height. Any other ideas?
    Urbana, MD
    Is it possible to move the fender forward to make more room for the mount?
    SAM said:
    Is it possible to move the fender forward to make more room for the mount?
    I don't think so - that would leave some more holes to fill.
    Urbana, MD
    FYI:  If you have the tent or awning, it is already a tight squeeze for 2 people to sit at the table when mounted just behind the wheel.  
    Resurrecting an old thread after a 2-week trip to Maine & New Hampshire...not about the axle location, but the Lagun mount. Has anyone mounted the Lagun mount at the very rear of the driver's side? I was thinking that might be a good place, since that would place the table to the left of the sink which would (for us at least) be a good place for an additional flat surface for cooking & cleanup.
    Urbana, MD
    I have seen a post (maybe on the TaG forum) that did that.  Really expanded their meal prep surface.
    Perfect - just what I was looking for - thanks!

Next question - how to cover/seal up the holes created when I remove it from its current location? Maybe just a thinner piece of white plastic screwed through the same holes, or could I just use some bondo to fill the holes?
    Urbana, MD
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    RogerL said:
    Perfect - just what I was looking for - thanks!

Next question - how to cover/seal up the holes created when I remove it from its current location? Maybe just a thinner piece of white plastic screwed through the same holes, or could I just use some bondo to fill the holes?
    Silicone caulk and a decorative sticker?
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @RogerL, why not just order a new mounting bracket and leave the original one in place for flexibility if you ever want to use the Lagun table on the passenger side?
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)