How do people store trash inside the T@B?

Comments

• R&DAndrewsR&DAndrews Member Posts: 116
    These are good ideas to consider as I don't have my T@B yet.  I like the idea of the cabinet hung trash can design for inside.  For our camping now outside we use a "13 gallon table Trash Ease" http://www.trashease.com/ that attaches to our picnic table and we either put the bag in the TV or dispose of at the campground dumpster at night.  We haven't had the critter experiences that others are describing so for now this is working.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

When camping in my Silver Shadow, I use the plastic sacks from groceries, Walmart, Lowe's, etc.  And, I always took the trash to the dumpster before going to bed every night.  At BLM campgrounds, I locked it in the bed of the truck every night.  I really don't like the idea of critters getting into trash, so I tried to not give them any opportunity to get near it.

Next month when I'm camping at the CRA (Crossroads of America) Tearjerker gathering at McCormick's Creek, everyone has to be especially vigilant about the raccoons.  I was washing dishes in my galley two years ago there, turned around and there were 3 raccoons approaching me within 3 ft of me.  I raised my arms, made a very scary loud sound and they ran like I had shot them!  Those raccoons are very bold. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    This works well for us. We use the bottom door. The top one is for towels and paper towels.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited June 2015
    I also use a Trasharoo that hangs on the spare tire of my Jeep, when not in bear country. In bear country, it can be used to carry or store firewood or other stuff.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    I use one of these with shopping bags. Goes on my back cupboard doors, or on one of the window valances.http://www.dwincorp.com/products/116/Cabinet-Door-Trash-Bag-Holder
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I put a couple of command hooks below the mirror in the shower so it's hidden but easily assessable while I prepare stuff on the counter. I just hang plastic grocery bags from the hooks. Easily moved if I need the shower stall.
  • source3source3 Member Posts: 142
    Surplus ammo cans.  Seals tights, no smell.
    Andrew P. 
    Durango, CO

• TabsterTabster Member Posts: 118
    Inside my cs i just hang a plastic grocery bag on the knob of the closet for tissues and empty water bottles. I hang another one off the drawer knob in the kitchen for food trash. Close the clamshell and no worries overnight. For outside i use an ashbucket i found at lowes. It is a lil smaller than a standard kitchen bag. Its metal and has a lid. A small bungee cord secures the lid from critters. Never had a break in even overnight
    2015 CS. Ford f150 v8. Southern california
  • RadRad Member Posts: 516
    We have a very small round trash bin that sits in the corner where the shower door meets the kitchen cabinets.  It is low enough that the shower door opens over it and we really never trip on it.  Just outside the door under the awning we have a collapsible trash bin with a Velcro secured lid that holds two trash bags (supermarket plastic bags),  one is recycle and one is another trash.  It moves into the tv at night.
    Patti said:
    I didn't realize until testing after reading your post, Rad, that the shower door opens over our bin, too. It's just a plastic one I got off Amazon because I liked the color and it goes with what I'm doing in the T@B.

As you say, it hasn't been in the way. I think the coffee can or the bag hanging on a cabinet peg would be good ideas for tissues at night.
    Yup, looks very close to the size of mine.  For us it is really just used for tossing small not real messy items. Bigger, messy stuff like kitchen food prep goes in the outside one.  
    Patti said:
    I put a plastic bag in it if it's going to be messy. While I'm using it as a home office, nothing messy is going in.
    Outside office, I'm glad I don't need an office anymore.  At home, with it parked next to the house, the T@B does serve as my private music studio as I play one of my guitars using a battery operated amp and an IPad for backing tracks.  I can crank it up and not bug anybody in the house.  
    I used to love to crank up my bass and rattle the whole neighborhood - you can't get away from those deep, rafter-rattling bass notes. But no place to hide if using an amp.
    PXLated said:
    I used to love to crank up my bass and rattle the whole neighborhood - you can't get away from those deep, rafter-rattling bass notes. But no place to hide if using an amp.
    Yup, 30 years on the westside near the beach, and along with hearing the surf and sea lions each night, we could also hear the bass and drums from the Friday night free concert series on the beach during the summer
    My brothers still give me trouble about what a pain it was growing up with a bass player. Drummers are worse though - listening to someone learning the drums is painful.
  • tabhappytabhappy Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2016

Dena & Jim  Plano, Texas
    Became Tabbers Oct. 24, 2015

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350

These hangers fit perfectly on the top inside door below the sink.  Also, the screws provided are the right size for the wood frame.

http://www.amazon.com/Handi-Hanger-Trash-Bag-Holder/dp/B000GPM7TQ/ref=sr_1_6/192-5091044-2727822?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1455902348&sr=1-6&keywords=garbage+bag+holders

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    My setup is very similar to tabhappy except the hooks are below the mirror so I can just open the shower door and not stoop in.
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We do the same as Dalehelman does, except we use the upper door under the sink. Typical grocery bags hang perfectly. 

Dale, where did those cool door knobs come from? Do they pop out?

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2016
    The cool cabinet knobs (that recess after closing and pop out when open) come standard in the Sofitel models. I have them too.  The factory might be able to give you the make. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Ooooo, I didn't see the door knobs!! In the T@Bitha, I had to but bumpers on the shower door because the cabinet door knobs smacked into the glass if you didn't carefully open the cabinet.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2016
    Ok, thanks Sally.

Ratkity, is the shower door really glass? I haven't gone out to the barn to check, but I assumed they had used poly, for weight, if nothing else.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Well, my Sis and I both tapped it and it sounded more like a tempered glass than a poly. I suppose I could stop speculating and call the factory and ask! LOL. Why make it simple? No matter what it's made of, the cabinet knob smacked it hard enough the first time I ducked and looked for glass chips. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    lunafemme said:
    Someone suggested I use large doggie poo bags.  They disolve eventually and aren't too big.  I haven' t tried them yet bit as they are better for the environment than grocery bags, I'm looking forward to trying them.
    I think they would be too small/

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• OzT@bOzT@b Member Posts: 39
    We actually prefer to use smaller bags, as we recycle as much as possible & so don't have that much rubbish.  A smaller bag 'fills' quicker & so is ready to be disposed of sooner, eliminating smell,
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @BrianZ, I too soon realized the collapsible garbage was always in the way-even the small version takes up too much space. My solution is a hook stuck to the door, just below the window, where I can tie a plastic bag. Higher is better for me as I have two dogs. For outside, I still use the collapsible and a suction cup to the side of the trailer. I use clips to hold the plastic bag in place in the garbage and that would work for you too.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491

Plastic bag on a command hook stuck on with velcro. I empty it every night when camping. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • AnjenewellAnjenewell Member Posts: 4
    I just use a hanging plastic gargage can and hang from the handle to our storage door. It never gets in the way and never gets kicked over.
  • johntreacyjohntreacy Member Posts: 31
    I keep a large cereal container as a small wastebasket with a liner in the shower/bath. I take it out to use when I'm cooking or making coffee and then it goes back in when I'm not using it.
    Olympia, WA
    2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 
    2017 Tacoma SR5 AC 4x4 w/ 6 cyl Towing Package

• ObiruObiru Member Posts: 25
    twocutes said:
    imageTwo weekends in the T@B CS-S and I've boldly put up a single key hook/tray and a paper towel holder.  I know it will take time to find the best placement for core items and storage.  How do people handle trash waste - garbage, recycling, compost?  I've seen the collapsible recyclable container with compartments.  I like it, but it seems too big to be inside and not get in the way.  Seeking tips from others that have already solved the question.  Thanks in advance!
    It's sad to see your dog on a chain.