Swan Lake with Liz & friends

ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
Ok folks, as promised, photos of our adventure with our friends from Oregon at Swan lake when they were tagging the baby loon, & various other shots of the lake, Liz, & friends. You'll see the baby loon being tagged, blood sampled, and held for pictures. The rest are various shots of the lake, our prime rib dinner, shots of walking around the lake, our camp set-up, and last, but certainly not least shots of my friends, Liz, and myself. This is where I spread Liz's ashes, right next to heaven! ;)
2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
Spokane, Wa.
Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Nice pics @ericnliz.  You are in our thoughts here at UCamp.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks @SAM. It took a LOT of reminding, and perseverance to finally get these pictures from a VERY busy lady. At times, it's a good thing we've known each other since high school. =)  
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    How does one feel such joy and such loss at the same time? That's how I feel and I never met Liz. The pictures were perfect! Tagging a Loon? Bonus!!! The fish stories were amazing. Many hugs and lots of love from me (and Popper, although his love would probably be focused on the prime rib lol).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @Ratkity , I have never felt so many different emotions in such a short period of time before in my life. There were times when the happy tears & the sad ones were mixed together, but it was very much worth every minute knowing she's in a place that made her peaceful & happy. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Popper & Ruger would probably be sitting ;) on opposite sides DROOLING!
    Spokane, Wa.

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Wow, what a place, Eric. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

edited July 2018
    @jkjenn, I've been going there for 20 years. I was LUCKY enough to have Liz with me the last 15. My favorite camping/fishing place instantly became hers as well. At night the sky is so full of stars, you just stand there in complete awe wondering why you never saw THAT MANY before. The pictures really don't do justice to the raw beauty of the lake & campground. It's located in the Colville National Forest, policed by both the local Sheriffs Dept., as well as the Forest Rangers. The rangers have an office in near-by Republic. The campsites are some of the largest I've encountered in Washington State. You are definitely NOT right on top of each other. LOTS of wildlife, no motorized boats (internal combustion) are allowed on the lake. You see lots of canoes, kayaks, and fishing boats with small electric motors. Pristine is a good description. Oh, I almost forgot....HUCKLEBERRIES. Mid July for about a week & a half to 2 weeks only. Gotta have huckleberry pancakes! =) (Liz's favorite BTW!!!!!) ;)   
    Spokane, Wa.

edited July 2018
    I almost forgot....while there, a couple...in an newer T@B Boondock couldn't get their Alde to make hot water. Lifted the inside lid...the plug had all but come out of the receptacle. I hope I helped, didn't have a chance to check back with them to see if it solved their problem. Besides, I had HOT huckleberry pancakes waitin' for me! =)
    Spokane, Wa.