UCamp 18 rally ( replace your rear stabilizers with true scissor levelers)

124»

Comments

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    That's great to hear, @ericnliz!  Our Helman adapters & scissor jacks have also worked well so far to keep our T@B level & nicely stabilized.  Also love the drill-powered scissor jacks that are easier to access & quick to adjust.

I would also like to extend their capability to include the original stabilizers' ability to work together with the tongue jack to safely suspend the tires off the ground if needed for purposes of changing a tire, etc.  To this end, I plan to keep my Helman adapter, and hope to enhance it with supporting brackets to further strengthen the mounting for that purpose.  I'll share it when I have something ready.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Well....  If Eric likes them, im sold.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @BrianZ, that's great to hear. It makes leveling & stabilizing WAY faster & easier than anything else I've used.
    @TerryV6, thanks for the endorsement, but all the credit still goes to the T@B University Prof. ... @Dalehelman. He's been an awesome source of knowledge & help, in addition to he & Sandi being GREAT people and friends as well. :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    At Dale’s urging I did call NU CAMP and asked about installing scissor jacks to replace the stabilizer jacks.  I was told as long as everything bolted to the existing studs the scissor jacks will support the trailer.  Many of you are at NU CAMP 2018 now...just ask them!  Plus when you take the factory tour there is another opportunity to check this all out.
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

Thanks for that reassuring info, @dinzzy!
    My plan to add a support bracket will indeed bolt my Helman adapter to all three of the existing studs.

The Helman adaptor....  that’s a good one.  Great to have something named after you.  
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

You know of course that Dale was recognized and given a trophy for his work in the mod department.  My wife saw the inside of the Dale mobile abode, and I have a honey do list for when I get home...   ;)
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @TerryV6 just one Honey-Do list? Or just one very long one? :rofl:

@BrianZ at some point one of us will ask you "which Helman adaptor?" Some of us are blessed with more than one!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    A well deserved trophy, indeed.  I can thank Dale for no less than five of his mods that I have installed on our T@B!  He is undoubtedly the undisputed king of mods!
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    You are all to nice. To me it’s just fun and if someone likes an idea even better.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @TerryV6, I can absolutely relate! The first time Liz saw @Dalehelman's trailer, I KNEW I was in for the Honey-Do list. You ought to come to our SpoT@B breakfast sometime & hear all the mod ideas flyin' around!!! :o
    @Dalehelman, You're too darn modest & that's the part we love about 'ya! =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf