Mike & Linda's new 400 has arrived!

Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
We finally bit the bullet and purchased a new T@B 400.   Pulled it home from the factory on Wednesday and are outfitting the trailer now.  We will take it out for a shakedown next weekend but are blown away by the technology on-board and the beauty and comfort of the craftsmanship and nuCamp factory efforts therein!  I have to say thanks to the many owners out there who have offered their thoughts and mods as I took some advice and incorporated some of them into our trailer as well.  We had met some people out in Tucson on the way back to Michigan from Arizona and it was helpful looking inside their unit as it was in Verna's, trailer Steve & Karen's unit, etc.  Anyway, we were and are still excited, this was something we'd thought about for some time and Linda and I are looking forward to enjoying the trailer, exploring the countryside and creating more lifetime memories!

My advice to anyone looking to buy a new 400 is to read up on the forum, search out answers to your questions, evaluate your wants/needs and discuss your build with the dealer and buy the unit that fits your budget, etc.  We decided to go with the bigger unit because Linda has back issues and we needed more living and moving around inside the trailer space to fit our needs.  And inasmuch as I knew this unit was heavier and would pull differently, it pulled easy behind my 2016 Silverado and it only took about 10 miles to really feel comfortable with a larger trailer in tow.  I will be looking into adding a camera on the rear as it's a little spooky not knowing whether someone is right up on my bumper because the line of sight has changed with the wider trailer in tow.  Other than that, no problems and am ready to smell some pine needles and Northern Michigan fresh air!

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• cbarnhillcbarnhill Member Posts: 330
    She’s a beauty, mike. Congrats. 
    Cindy with my 2015 MaxS (Puppy) and my 2015 Subaru Outback (Boo)
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Awesome, Mike!  Time to put some miles on it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Michigan_Mike, Congrats Mike & Linda on your new 400! :joy: Time to put some memories in motion! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Congratulations and great advice, Mike! I agree - actually seeing the 400 in person changed my perspective, completely. None of the photos on the web that I have seen do that trailer justice. Happy camping in your new trailer!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Nice!  Go have some fun!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    Ahhh, new camper smell! Congratulations!
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Michigan_Mike, nice! Great looking rig.and congrats! Wishing the both of you fair weather, open roads and many wonderful adventures ahead.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    @Michigan_Mike That's a great looking setup. Congratulations on your new 400 - it's a fantastic trailer.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Very nice Mike!  Congrats!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Congratulations to you and Linda! That’s exciting. So... now you could be very comfortable all the way to the Pacific Northwest? =) Safe travels and thanks for the pics!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Amazing!!!!!! Many more hundreds of happy camping nights ahead (even if in the driveway). <3
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Uptown, Saturday night! Gongrats to you and Linda. And thanks for staying in the NuCamp family when you have so many other options. You would have really been missed around here.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Congrats Linda and Mike!  Mike don't know if you remember our emails about our's but we know that you will love yours as much as we do.  About the camera on the back,  I close all the side shades and leave the front and back shades and sreens open when we travel.  We can see a limited view of what is behind us and we have a smaller Nissan Frontier Crew cab.  Also have the Garmin GPS and installed their BC 30 back up camera.  I can see what is behind but the resolution of vehicles is a bit small.  Still nice seeing is it is clear behind with the camera.  Enjoy your new Home on Wheels!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    atlasb said:
    Congrats Linda and Mike!  Mike don't know if you remember our emails about our's but we know that you will love yours as much as we do.  About the camera on the back,  I close all the side shades and leave the front and back shades and sreens open when we travel.  We can see a limited view of what is behind us and we have a smaller Nissan Frontier Crew cab.  Also have the Garmin GPS and installed their BC 30 back up camera.  I can see what is behind but the resolution of vehicles is a bit small.  Still nice seeing is it is clear behind with the camera.  Enjoy your new Home on Wheels!
    It gets a bit scary on the interstate in traffic when suddenly you come around a turn to meet another section of interstate headed in another direction and suddenly traffic comes to a complete stop, something that happened in Toledo, Ohio on the way back.  

What I've grown accustomed to doing when I can see that traffic ahead is slowing because of a problem, etc. is to hit my 4-way flashers in advance so that others texting behind me have some warning (hopefully anyway!) to problems ahead as opposed to slamming into the rear of the trailer.  

Good tip tip on the open windows and better view to the rear via keeping the shades stored and will give that a try!  
  • sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    Heading to Northern Michigan via US-2 from our home in Wyoming. Lived in Michigan most of our lives:)
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @sdenhof, good trip to you! Did the US 2 route from the mighty mac to the Pacific in 1977. A single nights campfire would not be enough to tell the stories! Enjoy. Welcome back.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Congratulations @Michigan_Mike and Linda.  Would love to see pictures of the new solar panel. Wishing you many happy travels in your 400.  
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    driftless said:
    Congratulations @Michigan_Mike and Linda.  Would love to see pictures of the new solar panel. Wishing you many happy travels in your 400.  
    I will post up some shots when I get a few moments.  I'm just now installing the hepvo valve under the sink for some additional room.  Linda is really excited and we are heading out this weekend for a shakedown trip in Northern Michigan.  
  • NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    Congratulations! I love my 400!
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • pittchristinepittchristine Member Posts: 30
    Congrats @Michigan_Mike and Linda! Hope your travels are many and enjoyable! It was fun talking to you both at UCamp18.
    Chris and Rick, 2017 T@B Max S with 2010 Ford Escape TV