Zero G RV water hose

I have just discovered the Zero G hose and found various reviews on Amazon and RV discussion forums with the rating split about 50/50 between good and bad.  Also in the recent Trailer Life magazine Camping World has them on sale for $23.99 for a 25' x 1/2" size.  I will be using it with a pressure reducer at the faucet and another one at the trailer entry point.

Sooooo, my question to you is do you have one or have you tried one and what do you think about it as far as using it for your T@B trailer?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

John
John & Cheryl
2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
Edmond, OK

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I have one and am not using it at this time because of the warning of not using it for continuous use. I intend to use it for overnight use, but not for week after week continual use. 

I think it is a great hose because of the small footprint it uses. Hopefully they will remove the restrictions on it’s usage. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Not familiar with the Zero G, but we purchased the Clear Flow hose.  It is a flat, clear hose designed for gardening, safe for drinking water, drains and collapses flat so you can put it on a reel.  It too has mixed reviews on Amazon, but we have two 25 feet sections and use it regularly with the Tab without problems.  Check it out.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We got a Zero G years ago for watering our many deck plants...love it...MUCH better built than the competition.  My concern would be about staying under pressure in any kind of heat (may pop a leak), May be the source of Verna’s caution...

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...

• dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    Yes, I have two and love them!! I started with a 25' as my secondary hose and primary was the typical white hose. After fighting with the white hose in a dusty, dirty camp spot, I bought a 50' Zero G as my primary. It's way longer than I have needed, but I keep it coiled up inside a green water hose carry bag. (Sometimes these types of hoses aren't full length until filled with water so I wanted to be safe). I too saw the non-continuous warning, but I only camp a few days at a time. If it springs a leak, I have the 25 footer as a back up. I use similar hoses at home and some have lasted a year, some longer. Using these hoses has eliminated a source of frustration for me.

This is the bag I use to store my fresh water gear and it goes inside a gear tub. It's a cloth-like material so I still screw both ends of my hoses together to avoid water leaks. I put all the fresh water accessories into a smaller bag inside. 
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    I took the plunge an acquired a 25' x 1/2" Zero G hose this morning at the local Camping World store.  After reading your posts above and other reviews (mostly on Amazon) I will save the receipt just in case it should fail.  Since I use a pressure reducer at the faucet connection and again at the trailer entrance, the hose should never have more than 35 psi in it at any time.  Also, I only have the water on when we use it during our cooking times - it is off at the faucet all other times - so it will not be under pressure continuously.

It is really light and my pressure reducer fittings almost weight as much as the hose itself and takes a fraction of the storage space that my white hose took.  If it works as expected, will make much less work on our trip to Prince Edward Island this fall since we will be moving camp daily.

Thanks to all for your input.
    John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @cmac, Good luck with the hose. I’ll be interested to know how it really holds up. I use one brass pressure regulator at the faucet and have never had problems. 
    Actually, I’ve just reversed the brass Y connector, putting it after the water filter. The first pic is the brass 90’ elbow at the intake.
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
    By the way, I checked the new 25’ hose I have on the patio. It is also a Zero G, but a black 25’. The color has faded from being in the hot afternoon sun, but I really like the flexibility of it. I do believe the connectors are far superior to what is normally on the white hoses, too. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    @Homebodyatheart I use the same set up/sequence! I too have the filter before the Y because I most often use that outside faucet for dog's water bowl. Some spigots are lower which makes using the Y very close to the ground and that is when I use my second fresh water hose.

@cmac have fun with the new hose! I might suggest having a second one as back up, in case 25' isn't enough or if it springs a leak. I too LOVE how light they are and easy to manage.
    Debbie in Oregon

Homebodyatheart:  My setup is very similar to yours except I place the filter on the ground next to the T@B and then run a short 4' white hose to an ell that fits on the trailer.  My pressure regulator is also at the faucet and being the anal person I am, I also have another regulator at the just before the ell going into the trailer, probably overkill but it makes me feel better.  By placing the filter on the ground it takes the weight off the trailer fitting.  Besides, the filters are disposable so it doesn't matter if they get scratched.
    The inverted "Y" is a good idea and I could get rid of my plastic on/off switch.  I also added quick release fittings at all the major junctions for ease of assembly and breakdown.  Get them at Harbor Freight for a very reasonable price.

Dsfdogs:  I will also take my 25' white hose for the reason you mention.  We stayed at one local COE lake where we had to use 75' of hose to get to a common faucet shared by two campsites.  (each site had their own electric pedestal) Had to make a trip to the house to retrieve the extra hose!

Thanks again for all the very good ideas!
    John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
    Homebody:
    I liked your brass "Y" so much I was able to find one just like it at our local ACE Hardware store.  This lets the hose hang straight down from most faucets.  And, give an option to share faucets if necessary or to fill other containers directly from the faucet if necessary.
    Thanks,
    John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    I have 2 Zero G hoses. The 1st I bought a year ago, the second a few months back as an extension, just in case.  I have had zero(pun intended) issues.  

Too use a Y fitting at the hose bib, then pressure reducer.  I have fitted a “whole house” filter system and have a short section of “white” hose a fixed to the fresh water inlet, utilizing the 90* brass fitting.

TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Thanks for posting about this @cmac! I hate my water hoses, they are nearly indestructable. They are inflexible and take up too much space. I plan on  ordering one before my next trip.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

dsfdogs said:
    @jkjenn my motto: "life is too short to fight with a water hose"

Amen!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

I water tested my hose this am and put it thru short term continuous pressure and then cycled it thru some off/on cycles as though I was using the faucet in the Clamshell's sink.  Am glad to report no leaks/failures, and was also using the Valterra 45 psi regulator.   In fact I was so pleased, I went to Camping Word and got another 25' Zero G hose (on sale) as a extension/spare - also tested that one the same way without any issues!

Just one more thing out of the way in preparing to go to the NorthEast this fall!

My thanks to everyone who contributed to this discussion!
    John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I've been looking at these ZeroG's on Amazon and they haven't been getting good reviews. Someone even mentioned plastic pieces coming out of them.

The reviews were either really, really good or really, really bad. 

That said, I sorta like the dual water pressure regular setup. As the daughter of an old programmer, I believe in backing up backups. :)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, Just be careful how far you back up....sometimes that last step is a doozie! :fearful::rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

This is a risk I am willing to take....but to minimize, I just ordered another water pressure regulator.  B)

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    ericnliz said:
    @Ratkity, Just be careful how far you back up....sometimes that last step is a doozie! :fearful::rofl:
    BTDT, got the T-shirt!! :rofl:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    edited August 2018
    rofl I'm Absolutely glad I swallowed my :coffee:  before I read that! (I'm runnin' outta screen savers!) :bawling:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

My Zero G hose came, yesterday. I ordered the 50'. Word to the wise, it really has a strong smell, like rubber, so make sure you give it ample time to breathe before first use. I will probably go ahead and run some water at home before I take it out on a trip. I love the smaller footprint!

@jkjenn, it’s on my wishlist. The 50’ and I already have the 25’ and they should handle most campsites. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    Verna said:
    @jkjenn, it’s on my wishlist. The 50’ and I already have the 25’ and they should handle most campsites. 
    I have almost always got away with a 25' hose, but have needed 50' on a few occasions. I have only needed more, once, and a neighbor saw that I was short and lent me his. But, since these pack so small, I might add a 25' at some point, too. 

Here's an update on my Zero G hose experience during our recent 22 day trip to Prince Edward Island:

I originally bought two 25' hoses at Camping World on sale.  We deployed the same hose every day so that is approx. 18 sit-ups and take-downs.  Had to use both hoses to reach the supply at one campsite.  I am very glad to report absolutely no problems with the Zero G hoses.  They are so easy to handle and since I am using the quick connect hose fittings on my pressure reducers and filter and filter PVC hose supply to the trailer, are very easy to connect and disconnect.  (I got the quick connect fittings at Harbor Freight).  (Note:  I also use quick connect fittings on my grey water connection under the trailer to the sewer tube with the 3/4" to sewer hose adapter - another quick connect and disconnect.)

I don't work for Zero G, but these hoses have worked very well for us.

John
    John & Cheryl
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • webers3webers3 Member Posts: 402
    Been using Zero G around the backyard for watering and misc duties since March, at full pressure, no issues. It's light, compact and easy to roll-up. Got two more for the camper, $24.98 for 25ft at Lowe's
    2017 T@B 320S   2019 Jeep Cherokee - Southern Connecticut
    I used both my 50' and my 25' hoses on my recent trip. I absolutely love them. Even if they need to be replaced every 1-2 years, they are SOOO much easier than those stiff hoses I was using. I am thinking of picking up a second 50' hose. I did use the dual water pressure set up, by the way.

@webers3 be aware Zero G has both garden hoses and drinking water hoses.
    @jkjenn Glad you liked them! I'm still using both of mine too. I have not tried the dual pressure regulators. 
    @cmac I'm glad they are working so well for you. I like the idea of the quick releases, thanks.
    Debbie in Oregon