Options

East Meets West, Washington Style! May 18-20, 2017

We have many new and seasoned T@bbers in Washington State this year. Let's meet up and camp! When: May 18, 19, 20, 2017. Where: Lincoln Rock State Park (http://parks.state.wa.us/541/Lincoln-Rock) I've booked site 68 in Loop 3, Sites 60-94. Right now there are a number of sites in this loop available. This park is about as mid-way between the Seattle area and Eastern Washington/Spokane area as I could find. It looks to have all the amenities we might need, and is just a bit north of Wenatchee on HWY 2. Come join the fun!
2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red

Comments

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Dale and Sandi booked site# 66
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    j_ntabownersj_ntabowners Member Posts: 133
    Jim and Nadine booked site # 70

Jim & Nadine 2015 T@b Max S pulled by 2016 KIA Sorento - East Wenatchee, Wa

States Visited Map

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Dale and Sandi, Jim and Nadine sounds great! This should be a fun weekend.

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Update for all. As of tonight we have 13 people in 7 sites. There are 8 open sites left in this loop. Should be a fun time!
  • Options
    jhansardjhansard Member Posts: 9
    Jean Hansard booked site 80. Sounds like fun!
  • Options
    Dalene54Dalene54 Member Posts: 15
    I also booked a site #78. Can't wait to see all of your T@bs. 
    2010 red T@da with grey trim...aka The Bean, old Bean or Mr. Bean (cuz he looks like a cinnamon jelly bean).
    TV is unnamed 2015 white Toyota 4Runner
    Cheney WA
  • Options
    As of this morning we have 18 people in 10 sites! It's fun to look forward to this while shoveling snow!
  • Options

Should we do a potluck-meet greet event on one of the days?

States Visited Map

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    We have site #74. Looking forward to this one!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Pika1Pika1 Member Posts: 29
    Ted and Carol booked site #85.
  • Options
    JerryandVickiJerryandVicki Member Posts: 17
    Jerry and Vicki have site #87
    Jerry, Vicki and Lol@
    2017 CS-S Open Tab 
    TV 2015 Subaru Outback 6 cyl., The Starship
    Liberty Lake, WA
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart, Becky, are all the sites in that loop taken now? Looks like a great time coming up!
    j_ntabowners, The meet & greet/pot luck sounds like a great idea. If we have enough interest, I can bring my Pit Barrel & cook up to 8 racks of pork ribs at once. Let's get this going because if I am to bring it, I'll have to decide which TV to bring depending on what else I decide to bring. The Avalanche is a bit more limited for space as far as height goes, but has covers for inclement weather. Prefer to drive it just for the gas mileage factor. At any rate, sounds like fun. :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Ericnliz, all sites on the loop are full, one left just outside it. At last count we have 22 T@bers in 12 sites coming. Let's email about the schedule. I'm working on it, along with some other life stuff at my end right now.
  • Options
    Homebodyatheart, Or we can chat about it from our side next week at the breakfast. How many folks are coming from here?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ronin718ronin718 Member Posts: 92
    • Wish I could join you all for this event, but I'm over by the other Washington.  In the meantime, I'll join you in spirit.....

John & Lori in Northern VA
    Former owner of 2015 T@B CS Max "Uteki" aka "H@wk T@B"
    2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road "Zame"

• Options
    ronin718, I like that a lot! GO HAWKS! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    edited January 2017

Eric, that's the Fatheads Street Grip.  They tell you not to put it on anything you want it to come off of, 'cuz it's not designed to come off once it's laid down on your driveway.    It's sooooo fun driving down the road and finding fellow 12's.

• Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

ericnliz- Let's do it.  I don't live to far from Lincoln rock so when the weather gets a bit nicer (ok something warmer than sub freezing). I'll go scout the place out; maybe talk to the rangers (if they're on site this time of year) and figure out if there's a shelter we can use/reserve.  My wife and I were talking about driving over to join the group for breakfast, and then working in a visit with her mother, unfortunately we have other commitments, so maybe next month.   Oh and GO HAWKS!!! (if you are a Detroit fan - I'm sorry)  =)

States Visited Map

• Options
    j_ntabowners, The invite for the breakfast is an open one, would love to see you there when it fits in to your schedule. Please keep us posted on Lincoln Rock. We've never been there before, so any info would be helpful, thanks!
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

Hi Eric,  Just got off the phone with Dennis, one of the rangers at Lincoln state park, and got the scoop on the shelters There are two  available and they can be reserved (for a stiff fee), but he said we don't have to reserve them because if they haven't been reserved then they are first come first serve.  Based on his experience with the time of year we'll be there he didn't think anyone would have them reserved. 

So I think we'll be ok to just grab one of the shelters on the morning or early evening of the 19th to hold it and then we'll have a spot for everyone to gather say in the afternoon or early evening. One of the shelters has power and is like an outdoor kitchen the other one is just a basic shelter with tables.   I'll go out there sometime after the weather gets above freezing and take photos and post here So the group can sip wine (or something else if you are so inclined)and debate the finer points between the two shelters :)

As a side note earlier I had tried to reserve one of the shelters online, but wasn't able to. I mentioned to him about my experience with the online reservation and he tried to reserve one while we were on the phone and he wasn't able to.  He said they had been having the same issue towards the end of last season and it didn't look like it had been fixed =)  

States Visited Map

• Options
    Jim, thanks for all your research! It helps to have someone who knows the area. I don't blame you for not venturing out in this mess. It's too cold!
  • Options
    Jim, You also have my thanks for your time & trouble. As to the reservation issue, I had trouble with the reservation site the day before I booked our spot. There were 4 more choices the day before, and I couldn't get through the reservation thread at all. Oh well, at least they are aware there is an issue, and hopefully get it fixed. By the way, Park Rangers rock! I've always had the best of luck dealing with them, and I have found most of them are really willing to go out of their way to be helpful. My thanks to you again, and if you get the chance, photos would be awesome! Might turn the breakfast meeting into an all day affair! =)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Schedule update:
    Thursday night, 5/18/17, dessert potluck about 7pm. Exact location to be determined by then.
    Friday, 5/19/17, mid-morning (10am ok with folks?) Home Tour. I'm still working on the particulars, and participation is voluntary. 
    Friday dinner - Eric and Liz have graciously offered to provide and prepare pit BBQ'd ribs. We all will potluck the side dishes and desserts. BYOBeverages. Thank you Eric and Liz!
    Saturday, 5/20/17, last day, no plans.

As of this morning there is one space left outside the loop. There will be 22 of us in 11 T@B's and 1 T@DA. Should be fun!

Thanks to the Spokane monthly breakfast group for their input and support!

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @Homebodyatheart, @ericnliz, @Dalene54- Monthly SpoT@B breakfast was great as always.  It is not only like an in person forum conversation, but great to get to know all of you.   As we said this morning, wish we could be at Lincoln Rock with all of you!  Hopefully this becomes a yearly event and no more grand babies will be due that weekend!  
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 905
    @ronin718 LOVE the Hawks decal!!!  We have been trying to find a way to get a Coug logo on the back of ours.  This may be the solution and Fatheads has one!!!  How long have you had it on?  Curious if it will stay adhered over a long period.  Love the pic!  
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
     2 Cougs, It was great to see you again as well, and you're right, it's like a forum in person! Good call on that one! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options

2Cougs...  We put it on in August, so it hasn't been "long".  But like I said, this thing is designed for driveway use, so I expect significant durability.

• Options
    Hello, Since I'm sort of the local for this meet, I thought I would offer to lead a hike to the top of Saddle Rock which is a short drive from Lincoln Rock, if anyone is interested let me know. It's a fairly short hike a little steep in places (short pitches so not terrible), the view is fantastic, not sure when, maybe either Friday or Saturday morning, depending on the interest level and what else is going on. On another note the Snow is starting to melt, and I can almost visualize what it looks like gone... Looking forward to this meet.  

States Visited Map

• Options
    Thanks for this! Sometime mid-morning Friday I was thinking we could have a "home tour" for those who want to share and those who want to see. Purely optional of course, and I'm thinking we should see Dalehelmans Sofitiel last as he has many wonderful mods! I'm already anticipating Ericnliz BBQ'd pork ribs Friday night!
This discussion has been closed.