2»

Comments

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    And looks "factory"!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    BandBBandB Member Posts: 33
    @SLJ, we bought that same marine port after seeing your post. Did you use a hole saw (what size would work?) to make the opening or something else? What size screws did you use? (There's not much material for them to grab into.) Stainless steel screws? 
    Did you use any type of caulking around the perimeter?
    Has it held up well for you? Thank you for posting this picture!
  • Options
    bjn2bjn2 Member Posts: 86
    I removed the panel in behind the toilet in our 2023 320 s BD. The panel fought me quite a bit as it had stuck to the caulking. I had to use a hook puller tool to free the panel. The view of the Alde reservoir is poor with it mounted below the opening, so I decided to install a mirror on the trailer wall (flexible adhesive backed plastic) to better see the fluid level.

Utah-based
    2023 T@B 320 S Boondock
  • Options
    @bjn2, that's a great idea to mount a mirror in there, too. Thanks!
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 451
    edited September 2023
    BandB said:
    @SLJ, we bought that same marine port after seeing your post. Did you use a hole saw (what size would work?) to make the opening or something else? What size screws did you use? (There's not much material for them to grab into.) Stainless steel screws? 
    Did you use any type of caulking around the perimeter?
    Has it held up well for you? Thank you for posting this picture!
    I used a 6 1/4" hole saw and I think 1" #10 stainless screws/nuts, not wood screws. Measure your port before you buy a hole saw. It fits tight against the panel so sealant isn't really necessary.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @bjn2 - now just mark the max and min lines with a permanent marker and you can easily tell when you need to add glycol.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    @SLJ- Thank you for the additional information. That helped a lot! We got our hatch installed. My husband used a coping saw to cut the hole because we didn't want to buy a hole saw for that one job. We're very happy with how it turned out! I found flexible plastic mirrors at Joann Fabrics that had an adhesive backing, so we put that in there, too.