Options

Post up some shots of your T@B set-up at the camp site! #3

Comments

• Options
    IndyParrotheadIndyParrothead Member Posts: 16
    Yes, the wind kicked up pretty crazy Saturday around noon. A dust devil got me pretty good. Lotsa work for the vacuum when I got home. Valley of the Gods looks awesome! We’ll put it on the list!
    Jeff & Janie weekending in our 2021 T@B 400 Boondock pushing a 2022 Ford F-150 3.5L twin turbo.
  • Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 909
    So cool!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited April 2022

Sorry folks, couldn't resist. Not in our t@b on this trip. These are our current digs. Saw 2 t@bs on different days, but for their safety they had to leave. Wicked winds. 60/75 mph gusts for the past week.

2006 Keystone Laredo 26RKS.

Lake Meredith National Recreation Area,  north of Amarillo, Texas. 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @dragonsdofly - that is a little breezy for a Tab!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited April 2022
    @Sharon_is_SAM it definitely was! It was almost too windy for us at 10,000 gvwr. Even with the additional 8,000 lbs of truck we had to be careful.  We learned that Amarillo is the windiest city in the U.S. and have to agree.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

What is this?
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Firewood.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Tabaz I was curious about the wood too. Very Tidy. 

@Deiseal Your campsite looks wonderful. And that Tab looks so fresh and shiny and new. :) Hope you had a wonderful trip. 
    (makes me envious- we can't wait to get back on the road too.)
    mary 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    JamesCJamesC Member Posts: 62

Last spring at Deception Pass SP on Puget Sound WA. Have another trip there next month with my new wife. Can’t wait to get out on the road again!
    2018 T@B 400, 2015 F150 tow vehicle. 
  • Options
    ViajeroViajero Member Posts: 123
    Here’s us last week. 
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 587
    @JamesC I'll be there in May, after the East Meets West rally! Really looking forward to it.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    DeisealDeiseal Member Posts: 6
    xdr said:
    @Tabaz I was curious about the wood too. Very Tidy. 

@Deiseal Your campsite looks wonderful. And that Tab looks so fresh and shiny and new. :) Hope you had a wonderful trip. 
    (makes me envious- we can't wait to get back on the road too.)
    mary 

Yes! Our firewood got damp from the rain/snow/sleet the day before so we were drying it in the sun! The tidiness comes from my engineer partner :)

And thanks xdr, Im obsessed with it and can't wait to get back out. All these pics are SO INSPIRING.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    Not a picture of our T@B in a campsite, but I wanted to add to our cross country experience. We had wanted to cross the Rockies on route 70, but because of below freezing temps we took the southern route on 50. At the top we hit blizzard like  snow, hail and gusty winds. Roadside drop offs with no guardrails had my wife close to tears. I kind of enjoyed the challenge. Jeep performed as well as could be expected. Got down to 35 mph in a 45 trying to not get the rpm’s over 3500. Not a great picture of the worst of it, but I was driving and Jean was holding on like her life depended on it most of the way.

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,007
    We live just north of there and yes HWY 50 can get dicey, especially over Monarch Pass.  And we've had some full on winter weather these past few days, 5" of snow yesterday and another 2-5" forecasted tonight!  If your wife reacted like that on HWY 50 it's a good thing you did not go further south to HWY 160 and go over Wolf Creek Pass! 
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Getting back to the proper subject, here’s a “where’s Waldo” shot of where we’re now staying. Hiked to the top of a ridge overlooking the campground. After a few days of dry camping we were looking for a place with showers and a dump station. Longest drive yet (380 miles) to Lake Pueblo State Park in southeastern Colorado. Would love to put the kayak in, but too much wind.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    AnOldUR said:
    ...my wife close to tears...Jean was holding on like her life depended on it most of the way

Jean and I are twins, except my hubby would have also recounted how I passed out as soon as I saw his only ONE hand on the wheel to take the pic. 

AnOldUR said:
    I kind of enjoyed the challenge.
    And you and Dave are also twins, lol!
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • Options
    renesadaerenesadae Member Posts: 51
    AnOldUR said:
    Valley of Fire in NV. Incredible rock formations. Great site nestled into the canyon. (Might have to zoom to see us.) State 20 on our cross country road trip.

This is going on my destination wish list! @AnOldUR What site # did you have?
    Dave & René
    1/1/21 Retirement Life Begins!
    Chocolate Subie Ascent, Silver T@B CS-S, 4 spoked wheels, 2 ol' legs - we're good!
    Oregon <--everywhere--> Hawai'i otherwise
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @renesadae, we stayed at the Arch Rock campsites. I can’t find the site number, but it was one of the first ones on the upper loop. All are first-come-first-serve. We got lucky to get a great spot. Funny story is that as we were packing to leave, another camper carried up a chair to claim the spot until he could move from the site he was in. There is a pit toilet, but no showers. Although they do let you use the bath house in the close by Atlatl area. We use that and our T@B’s outside shower. Hope you get the chance to go to this place, It’s been one of the highlights of our trip.
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    edited May 2022
    First outing of 2022 at Clinton State Park - Lawrence, KS
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    For the next three days we’ll be at the Zilpo campground in Daniel Boone National Forest in KY. No hookups, but nice private sites. Got here early enough to get some kayaking in. 

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton, VA  There are three 400's, one 320, and one Nucamp Cirrus truck camper all in a row but I couldn't get everyone in the pic!