Options

Stinky Slinky storage area on a 2021 gone

So I am curious since the sewer hose storage area is no longer on the 2021 Tab 400 where is one supposed to stow this lovely device away at?   Might have to try using the Poop Chute bags to keep it cleaner.  I needed a laugh on a Monday morning.

Comments

• Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    I can't say for sure not having looked under one yet, but I'll bet there's a way to DIY one underneath with some PVC. 

We use the one in our 2019 400 but it's just a couple of inches too short to hold both sections of the Rhino hose and just a little too small in diameter to accommodate the elbow, so you still need some kind of additional storage for the whole system. 

I'm glad to have it mind you, but the tube does infringe a good bit into the exterior storage space.

All hail, Cousin Eddie!  
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Welcome to the world of the 320, which has never had built in storage for that hose. Searching this forum will give you at least a dozen ideas, some of them pretty ingenious. 

I went the simple route. Since I have the Boondock platform, I just coil mine into one of the ActionPacker tubs I bolted to the platform. Using Happy Campers toilet chemical—which is nothing short of a miracle—everything breaks down fast, and I’m not kidding, there is ZERO smell. (And no nasty chemical fragrance). 

While permanent storage would be nice to have, in my book, it’s a total non issue to be without it, enough so that even those ingenious mods aren’t on my priority list as I prep the trailer for this camping season. Maybe next fall.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44
    NuCamp wants you just to roll it up and lay it on the bed when not using!
    Glad I have a 2018 model with the storage tube.:)
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @jameskuzman the stock 400 tube will accommodate a RinoFlex 15' hose and all bits and pieces it comes with, have one in my 2019 400 storage tube currently.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Redfish24 said:
    So I am curious since the sewer hose storage area is no longer on the 2021 Tab 400 where is one supposed to stow this lovely device away at?   Might have to try using the Poop Chute bags to keep it cleaner.  I needed a laugh on a Monday morning.

Is this in the Solo edition? I think that space is no longer available since it ran in a tube under the bed.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    You can also get a 64” long sewer tube (Amazon, Camping World for instance), use long muffler or plumbing clamps and clamp it to your tongue. 20’ of sewer hose plus the tapered plug will fit in the 64” one. These are photos of the tube on my former T@B 320. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    @Redfish24, that is actually pretty darned funny. Well done.... a bit of Christmas cheer as it were. 
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2020
    As @Verna did, we got our sewer hose storage tube from Camping World. It works well, and is lightweight compared to PVC. We needed to trim the ears off the fitting to get the hose to slide in, but that was no big deal.

I ran the screws for the mounting tabs right through the floor, and backed up the nuts with large washers to give some support. The hose isn't very heavy, so it's been fine for a number of years.

It's tucked up under the back, the spare tire is no longer stored there, and it's actually pretty inconspicuous. My DW hasn't even complained about its looks!

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    VictoriaP said:
    Welcome to the world of the 320, which has never had built in storage for that hose. Searching this forum will give you at least a dozen ideas, some of them pretty ingenious. 

I went the simple route. Since I have the Boondock platform, I just coil mine into one of the ActionPacker tubs I bolted to the platform. Using Happy Campers toilet chemical—which is nothing short of a miracle—everything breaks down fast, and I’m not kidding, there is ZERO smell. (And no nasty chemical fragrance). 

While permanent storage would be nice to have, in my book, it’s a total non issue to be without it, enough so that even those ingenious mods aren’t on my priority list as I prep the trailer for this camping season. Maybe next fall.

How long of a sewer hose can you fit in the 8 gallon action packer? Also how many bolts did you mount yours with and do you happen to have a picture of it mounted.  I'm considering mounting one or two when I get my trailer.
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    bergger said:
    VictoriaP said:

How long of a sewer hose can you fit in the 8 gallon action packer? Also how many bolts did you mount yours with and do you happen to have a picture of it mounted.  I'm considering mounting one or two when I get my trailer.
    I have a 15’ in there now. No pics, it’s just a couple of holes drilled in the bottom of each Action Packer, spaced to match the holes on the platform. Bolts inserted from below, with large rubber and metal fender washers to protect aluminum of the platform and spread the load, and wing nuts inside the bins. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW