Options

Any trips planned in the next month?

boonieboonie Member Posts: 83
We have reservations at a county park 3 hours east of us May 1. That is when they will open. Canoeing a non-motor lake, mountain biking the 10 + miles of trails, enjoying our 400, looking forward to it. Already looking into the yard service as my mower will be running  less this year :)
2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 

Comments

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    My guess is social distancing and the shutdown will still be in effect, only camping reservations I have are for August, BUT was going to do other trips, now I think any plans are on hold indefinitely.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I am hopeful, and we have a reservation for mid May at a lake campground several hours east of use.  I think things should start getting back to normal in rural areas anyway.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    I’m trying to convince my out-laws that the best way for them to get back to AZ from TX would be my driving them with the trailer instead of their scheduled flight. It takes two days each way, but so easy to maintain social distancing!
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    My guess is social distancing and the shutdown will still be in effect, only camping reservations I have are for August, BUT was going to do other trips, now I think any plans are on hold indefinitely.
    Yep, this. Highly unlikely any currently closed parks will reopen soon, and very, very likely more will be closed. Additionally, I’m not personally comfortable taking up a camping space that may be desperately needed by a displaced fulltimer who lacks a permanent home base in this crisis.

I’ve left my May and June reservations in place for now in case I’m wrong; both are at currently closed state parks, and will be auto cancelled (as my April trip was) if the parks remain closed. If they reopen, I’ll decide what I’m doing based on the situation at the time. But my operating assumption is that camping season will start in July or August...if there is one at all this year. I’m honestly just hoping I can use the trailer to get down to my in laws in AZ between outbreaks so I can winter down there and keep an eye on them during the next round.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2020
    Looking at the prediction curves......you might be safe with july reservations.     The Ohio Governor stated yesterday that our local peak isn't expected till the first couple of weeks of May.  So that means at least a couple of weeks after that till the isolation order/request is lifted. 

Anyone heading out now is irresponsible.    The what if's, What if you had a mild case and spread it to the small town,  so you are in a small town and need medical attention, no virus related,   there will not be medical care.   And if you get medical care,  is it right to unnessisarily burden small rural hospitals with your care, right now?   

I don't think so.   

We have canceled two week long trips and a couple of weekend trips.  Happy about it, no,  but doing my civic duty by following the governors request.

Just stay home
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    It's a given we all won't know how things will be a month from now, i'm still going to plan  for the best and not over worry the worst.
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @boonie The worst prediction curves were supposed to be happening right now.    We are flattening the infection curve.    The result of this flattening the infection spread it will last much  longer.   

In a nutshell we are somewhere between the worst and best outcomes.    

Just looked at the most recent Cleveland clinic prediction charts and they have moved the peak  a head to the middle of april.    The two trillion dollar question is how long after the peak do they keep us in isolation?   I would hope it would be regional,   we will find out in the next couple of months.

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    JeansorJeansor Member Posts: 28
    We didn't get to use our reservation we had for this month had hoped to get out for a weekend in April but it looks like that won't be happening either.  Now wondering what's going to happen with our reservations for May 22-25.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the worst will be over soon.
    2013 Nissan Frontier
    2020 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge: Sm@lls
  • Options
    You you and me both.  We also have mid May camping reservations at a nearby lake resort area.
    cheers
  • Options
    we had movie night in the 400 last night, pee wee's big adventure :)
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    We had a trip planned for the end of the month. It was cancelled today by the governor. It's a good thing though because the coronovirus curve is getting flattened some. For us our it may mean a backyard shakedown event for our nearly maiden '19 320 CSS. 
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    T@byredT@byred Member Posts: 8
    Hello to all. I haven't posted much or needed the help of the advice offered here. Even though my camper is a 2007. But I read about all the campgrounds closures. Well I live in Cal.  Napa County Lake Berryessa. and Steele park has no one manning the gate but camping and boat launching is  on your  honor to pay the fee by the envelope they provide. Hardly anyone there. Just thought someone might want to get out of dodge. Not many people on the lake either.  Well hope this was useful. Take care Debbie in Napa Ca.
  • Options
    Not sure about this, as Napa country and the rest of California is locked down, no unnecessary travel, many non essential businesses closed and all Calif. State parks and beaches are closed.  Residents are supposed to stay home, no travel for recreation, outdoor activities limited to your neighborhood.  No group gatherings either.  Hold on and things should start to get back to normal in late May, early June.
    cheers
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    We had planned on crossing the US this year.  It looks like our camping season may return in July or August.  So our long trip will wait a year.  We’ll probably get in a few trips starting in August when things start reopening.  Remember all studies show there’s a second wave in this and previous pandemics.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.