Options

road assistance travel trailer

Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
What is a good roadside assistance program which guarantees towing my travel trailer too if i breakdown?

Comments

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    edited April 2020
    We carry AAA Premier RV . 
    Haven't had to use is yet , but its the best AAA with RV coverage you can get . We have had a vehicle break down once , and only had regular AAA , they would not tow the trailer. Luckily, the tow truck company had a hitch on the rollback, and offered to tow the trailer with the vehicle for us . This was an extra charge though , cash . After that we upgraded to AAA Premier RV . 
    My parents have AAA Premier RV as well and had a breakdown with their 38' class A . AAA towed it for them NP . 

Here are the AAA plan differences .......

http://www.aaa.com/aaa/115/benefits_comparison.pdf

2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Be careful as there are regional differences with AAA.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    +1 what @Sharon_is_SAM said. Western NY AAA  "RV" doesn't cover a trailer.

We use Progressive. Their RV coverage includes your pet!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    +2 Progressive Insurance and their Roadside Assistance.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    Be careful as there are regional differences with AAA.
    ChanW said:
    +1 what @Sharon_is_SAM said. Western NY AAA  "RV" doesn't cover a trailer.

We use Progressive. Their RV coverage includes your pet!

Hmmm, that is interesting. Will have to look in to that. Seems a little crazy that the top level AAA "RV" coverage does not cover towing an RV ??? 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    The AAA is offered regionally.   Depends on what the local franchise has set up. If you are lucky enough to have it available.......it will be honored nationwide even if it isn't offered at your location of need.

You are confusing an RV with a travel trailer......they are two different things.

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited April 2020
    Yep, I have AAA Premier, which I started when I lived in California.  My trailer was covered under that plan, which is why I upgraded (plus it included 200 miles of towing.)  However, now that I am in Arizona, I recently learned that I need to step down to AAA Plus to get the trailer coverage (which they reference as an "RV.")  They charge an extra $70 per year, but cut the towing miles in half to 100.  Unfortunately, you also lose some of the additional "Premier" benefits (e.g., travel accident insurance and emergency medical transportation coverage.)  SO, regardless of who you decide to use, you definitely need to clarify the coverage and limitations, including whether they will tow BOTH your tow vehicle and trailer.

I agree with @B0atguy.  Moving to a "lesser" plan (i.e., from Premier to Plus), at extra cost to boot, seems a bit counterintuitive.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have it through Nationwide, which insures my trailer and my Jeep.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    Better World Club offers a Premium plan that includes towing of camping trailers.  I have been an auto-only member in the past and got good service when I needed a tow for my car.  Has anyone used them and gotten trailer assistance?  
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander