Options

Mattress Topper Suggestions Please

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Denny16 said:
    A a double bed mattress protector will fit better, as the bunk is closer to a Double Full size than it is a Queen.
    cheers
    No offense intended, but the queen fits better as I tried both....

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    No worries, I must have a large double bed mattress cover, which seems to fit well, and is a bit tight (the thickness of the topper would also need to be taken into consideration)..  Blankets and top sheet definitely a Queen size is better.   :)
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jonnjonn Member Posts: 31
    Dutch061 said:
    @jonn , I am not sure if you mean that there are gaps around the edges (that would seem the most logical) but we never had any gaps when we put it on our bed. It fit perfectly, but I took measurements also. Did you take actual measurements of your bed, do you also have a 2020? We did end up buying another one for our bed in the house, when I asked my wife she said "get the same one you put in the camper". 

Not sure if this helped or not.

Brad
    Not the edges Brad, I was referring to what you had mentioned earlier and I understood to be the gaps  between the cushions. I was surprised how "inferior" the seats are compared to the quality of the camper especially when made up to be the bed, not to mention the cost of the unit. Oh well, I'll make it right.
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    edited April 2021
    jimrj said:
    Does anyone have experience with a mattress topper they like that is NOT memory foam?
    I have been experimenting with different mattresses. So far, the best nights' sleep have been on a 3" foam trifold mattress that I used for van camping prior to getting my T@B. It's only a double width which is fine for me (solo) and takes up about 3/4 of the back bench when folded up. But it unfolds easily and is super comfortable. I've tried a queen size 2" memory foam (not thick enough and difficult to wrestle in a small space) and a 2" trifold (not thick enough). With all the money I've spent on "toppers" I probably just should have replaced the original foam in the seat cushions. That might be next...
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    Hi folks, I have 3 questions in this category.
    Has anyone just gone ahead and replaced the original foam in the seat cushions with bed quality foam? 
    Also, has anyone gone with a 3 " topper and modified the panel for the heat vent in the rear?
    If you went with a 3" topper how did that go when it came time to roll it up and store it behind the head board?
  • Options
    Which Model TaB?
    Cheers
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    @jonn
    I used a 3" topper for last year. Used an electric carving knife to trim it to fit, including the Alde vent along the back wall. While it was comfortable, I found it to be cumbersome to make the bed, wrestling an octopus to remove and reinstall and a pain in general. So...it's gone. Back to using the original layout. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    Lol,

An octopus ha!
     I had a Pleasureway class B for a long time,  the seat cushions and seat backs were 4" of firmness and comfort as was the tight fit between cushions when the bed was made up. Sleeping is a big issue for me, compliments of the Vietnam war. That Pleasureway allowed for some great sleep. This is an issue that I will have to deal with soon and get it right for me. I'm leaning to some really good 4"-6 " mattress foam replacing whatever is in there now. The engineering and price of the Nucamp sure had me thinking of better sleeping and sitting. I mean like, the trailer is basically a bed on wheels with other amenities to make it nicey nice as a modern pup tent to keep us comfortable. Lol, I usually won't complain about much mechanical or electrical, I will just go ahead and fix it or make it better to fit the needs of myself and my wife. But this bed thing sure does make me wonder what Nucamp was thinking when they built the "Mercedes" and then put an egg crate in it for seats. Have a good evening if you read this far.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    @Jonn - do you have a 2021 400?  Just recently owners are reporting that the dinette seat foam was lame.  I just wonder if changes have been made.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    The bed and dinette seat cushions in our 2018 TaB are fine, added abit a 2-inch latex topper on the bed to give it some softness.  The dinette seats are fine, add a throw pillow for some back support.  I occasionally sleep in the dinette bunk, with just a sleeping bag for a mattress pad, works grand.  I have a back issue also complements of the Navy.
    cheers
  • Options
    @Jonn - do you have a 2021 400?  Just recently owners are reporting that the dinette seat foam was lame.  I just wonder if changes have been made.

@Sharon_is_SAM -Yes I have a 2021 that i picked up last fall in Pa, and brought it back to Florida where it has been setting because of unforeseen family circumstances. It is time to get on the road,  after I take care of this foam issue.
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    larryz said:
    I also bought the 2" Brookside Memory Foam topper with Organic Cotton from https://www.mattressinsider.com/rv-mattress-topper.html. I have a 2021 Tab 320. I ordered a custom size of 35" x 68" x 2". I can use it on either left or right (side running front-to-back) in the trailer, and can also use it running side-to-side across the back if I travel alone, allowing me to leave the dinette table in place with opposing seating.

This company is amazing. They communicated with me by email several times, keeping me informed about manufacturing and shipping dates. I've only slept on it twice so far but I have found it to be very comfortable. The quality of their product seems very high.   

Glad to see this post.  I had been relatively ok sleeping on the cushions, but this last trip could not get comfortable, so I am considering a topper again.  It's usually me alone (sleeping wheel-to-wheel) or me with my golden retriever (whole bed).  I don't really want a topper for the whole bed because I think that would be harder to roll up and stash it behind the rear bench, so the idea of the smaller topper that I can use in either configuration seems like a good compromise.
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman