Options

I wonder how Harvest Host will be...

trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
in the next few month as far a being just Full all the time.  We thought about joining a few years ago but did not.  At that time almost all of the H.H. spots could only handle 1 to 3 RV's at a time.  I guess just joining up and finding out...kinda like how it's always been in the rest of my life.....thoughts, related thoughts?
2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

Comments

• Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    The whole idea is that there is only room for you. Sometimes power but mostly boondocking. Thats part of the charm. One night only. That way they dont need to deal with state campsite rules.
    I hope it doesn't change. I dont want to visit if its a camp ground.
  • Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Wife and I love harvest hosts.  Depends on your expectations, foremost they are not a campground.   If you think of it like boondocking at Walmart with much better food, drink and a view you won't be disappointed.

Never been offered ac power but I could see it as a possibily as most host are awesome people.  

Rarely have we shared a lot with another rv.    In watching traveling Robert he has been to a couple of HH where there were large numbers of RVs at the host.....they were in Oregon or Washington if memory serves.      Midwest and east coast not a problem.

Read the reviews of the host before you call.   We have left one because it was very close to a sprint car track and the dust and exhaust were suffocating.    The cider was good but that was it.  We moved to a pilot and spent the night.

I am sure the forum members who don't care for them will chime in.   

We will maintain our membership and continue to enjoy another unique aspect of traveling with our trailer
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,502
    I have a good friend who's a full timer in a class A rig and she uses Harvest Host a lot. She's crossing the country right now and HH has been one of her few options. They expect you to be completely self-contained. No outdoor cooking or fires. But my friend has had very positive things to say about the places she's stayed.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Hey all, thanks....not expecting but looking for quiet and peace.  We will check some of the sites out and of course,re-up first.  We never did get around to going to any H.H. places last time we had an RV/ 320-S, more our speed than the MB 24' unit we had.  
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I have seen several people staying at HH locations during Covid. I am expecting a major rush on camping and RV travel when things start to ease and HH might be a lifesaver for those looking for more peace and quiet.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @trimtab most are very quiet.   Look at the reviews and photos, the other members will tell you of nearby railroad tracks, early morning heavy equipment.

We read the race track review but the wife's love of cider over ride the very real reviews......we moved on before dark and found a place before we had too many ciders
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Has anyone heard of or used faithfulparking.com?  

Riddle: 
    What do you get when you combine RV travelers with faith-based organizations eager to welcome new friends in fellowship and raise some much needed funds in the process?  Answer: Faithful Parking

2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    We stayed at several HH’s on our way out to Tabazona in January and found them all to be quite nice. Sometimes we were the only ones there and other times not, but it never felt too crowded. The current HH newsletter says most of their places are open, but just as in “normal” times, you should always call in advance.
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    HH won't take me with a Clamshell. I'm a Boondockers Welcome host.
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    I have heard that if you don’t use the galley, they have no problem with our clamshells.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I see some Wineries out west are offering wine..in sealed small glasses.  Yeah, I would do that...
  • Options
    Looks like you could go to Wisconsin as their bars opened last night
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Sharon_is_SAM unless they’ve changed their rules, HH won’t offer membership in the first place to any CS models, only fully self contained units. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Jackie_DaveJackie_Dave Member Posts: 73
    We've been to several HH and we will hopefully be going to several this season. Really nice to break up a trip with a quick overnight stop and pick up a bottle of wine or three.
    2018 T@B 320-S / 2007 Toyota Tundra
    Harpers Ferry, WV
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Homebodyatheart   One of the presenters on the Women Solo Camping panel at uCamp 2019 verified it with HH.  As long as you don’t cook outside, it is acceptable.  
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @Sharon_is_SAM it’s good to know they changed their policy! Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    One thing I don't like

My membership just autorenewed no email letting me know just a line on my cc statement.   Went to the website looking for how to disable the feature and can't seem to locate it.   I put in a ticket to their help desk with the question.

It seems deceptive to me.  I might need to adjust my cc number with them by a couple of digits to prevent it from happening next year
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Cbusguy, that is the reason I didn’t sign up for Harvest Hosts. Your only choice is for auto renew. I prefer to be the one controlling my money. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    We are going on 48 hours without them answering the ticket I submitted.  I searched the website throughout and couldn't find the box to uncheck for auto renew 

I don't remember saying yes that it autonew.  

• Options
    A lot of publications now automatically sign you up for auto renewal.  Oftentimes it can be difficult locating the info to eliminate auto renewal, so I end up calling.  Big pain.
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Have you contacted your CC company to protest the charge? They may be able to help. Some may even contact HH directly on your behalf. They do work for you, after all. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    I paid via Paypal...easier to cancel. But yeah, looking back through last year’s email, I don’t see a renewal notice either.

2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Well HH responded last night and stated they they turned off auto renew on my account.     I thanked them but asked them where in my account I could make that adjustment myself.

I have never been asked for a HH membership card anywhere we have stayed.    I have considered just calling were we would like to stay and see if they minded is overnighting I'm their parking lot.    

• Options
    SneakleSneakle Member Posts: 131
    Also got auto-renewed without being warned. They should at least send out an email a week before to give you the option. 
    Tab 320s Boondock
    TV: Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I'll be looking in on an HH later this month. Heading to Bonelli Bluffs RV Resort above LA next week from Sun - Thurs, then a stay at an HH in SoCal wine country on the way back home. Spoke with the owners and they were very accommodating. They have up to 4 spots and indicated they may be able to keep us for two nights instead of the usual one. I'll post a follow up on our return. Happy Trails, All!
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So HH got back with me and said the fix for the autorenew is to cancel your membership immediately after renewing it.....sounds suspect to me, she said your benefits are valid till the next renew data

I have not tested it.....so try at your own risk
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Even Hone Again microchip for pets allow you to either renew automatically, or they bill you yearly. 

Ironically, I received a Harvest Host invitation at a discount on email this morning. I’ll look at it again. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    @Cbusguy the problem with that is depending on when you signed up, you might be giving up a good rate that wouldn't be available when you reup.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite