Options

Question about De-Winterizing 2018 T@B 320-CS

I had our Tab winterized by a local RV shop last October, but we want to de-winterize it ourselves. I'm following the Tab owners manual steps to De-winterize and Sanitize with the Alde system, specifically method B (AF added to the fresh water tank, plumbing lines, P-traps, tank valves - sparing the Alde water tank).
Step 1 says "Valves are in the 'winterize mode' (AF bypasses the Alde how water tank, but runs through all water lines). Drain valves and hot and cold water supply valves should be closed...")

I know where the drain valves (C & E below) are but in the diagram below, which are the "hot and cold water supply valves" referenced in the manual?

Thanks!

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited May 2020
    The instructions are not written very clearly but given the context I suspect they are referring to the valves that close off the cold supply/hot return from the Alde hot water tank. I think those might be valves A and G in your diagram, but maybe someone with a CS can confirm.
    If I'm correct, the photo you provided shows the valves in "camping" mode. The Alde supply/return valves are open, and the bypass valve (B) is closed.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes the diagram is in camping mode. The cold supply/hot return are F & G. But I will look to see if A feeds F...

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    It appears A feeds the alde water tank. F is the hot return from the alde mixing valve.

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited May 2020
    Hi @JP2558,

I wrote those instructions (below).  The hot and cold water supply lines refer to the lines that move cold water in and hot water out of the Alde - those valves are A and G and should be closed to prevent AF or bleach from entering the Alde.  It looks like they bypassed the Alde using the Bypass valve, but did not close the other lines to the Alde.  You can open the Alde drain to see if AF exits the Alde, but AF in the lines will flow out and then you won’t really know for sure.

“Valves are in the "winterize mode" (AF bypasses the Alde hot water tank, but runs through all water lines). Drain valves and hot and cold water supply valves should be closed, the Alde bypass valve should be open, (400 bypass valve set to Bypass). The Alde water tank is isolated and already free of AF, so start to flush the fresh water tank and plumbing lines first.“

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thank you Sharon!

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    I edited my response, so just check it to make sure.
  • Options
    Looks good. AF has been drained, currently bypassing the alde and sanitizing overnight. Tomorrow we flush once or twice and we should be good to go.

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    Will you bother with the full antifreeze next winter?  Or just go the drain, blow and AF to the traps etc method?
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Next year I will do it myself, and go with the drain, blow and AF to the traps. I don’t think I need to do the plumbing lines? Should I? We don’t have a toilet...

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 418
    JP2558, We did the drain, blow and AF to traps method to our 320-CSS entering this past winter.  This past Memorial day weekend, we completed the de-winterization process with no sign of leaks.  Our Tab spent it's first winter under a cover outside in an Ohio winter.
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    SlackerBill, thanks for the input. Our 320 spent its winter under a cover in NW Ohio too. We dewinterized last week and then spent two nights at my sister-in-law’s out in the country, less than 30 minutes from home. Basically our own private eight acre campground! It was wonderful. 

Thanks, Jerry 

• Options
    @JP2558 - most owners are comfortable with the drain, blow, AF to trap method - especially since no bathroom - you have a lot less plumbing.  
  • Options
    tdnjftdnjf Member Posts: 1
    We are in the process of winterizing our 2013 tab css bought this past June. Unfortunately we have no manuals. I was going to pump it full of AF but I don't see a low drain point on the Bradford white hw tank, just hot and cold lines and a vent off the top. Also only one supply line has a shutoff. Might just blow out the lines and put AF in the traps and toilet, is that crazy? It will be stored in an unheated barn thru winter here in Waterloo Ontario so will be well below freezing for extended periods. TIA
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    @tdnjf Welcome to the Forums.
    Yes, there are discussions about the Bradford tank and winterizing.
    This thread discusses the Bradford tank in general.
    The tanks in the trailers before the Bradfords were Rheems.  Maybe the setup is close enough to the same that this thread about a 2012 winterization is relevant.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi