Options

GOOD NEWS: I'm finally an owner! BAD/SAD NEWS: I have to wait nine days to get my 2021 320 Boondock

andyboyandyboy Member Posts: 120
edited July 2020 in Introductions
But I've waited my whole life for one, so what's another couple of days? We're so excited. I've wanted one for years but never had time to really justify one due to a heavy work schedule and a bad case of workaholism. But that's all behind me. Now it's time to make this dream true. I got the last t@b on the dealer's lot. They said they're not expecting another shipment until September and there didn't seem to be any closer than 250 miles so I consider myself fortunate.
So glad to now be part of this terrific forum.
I've measured and re-measured the interior and have been making lists of what to get.
Are there certain things you have that you can't live without?
Sounds like Superbags are brilliant. We've talked about maybe an awning with a mesh front--we've got mosquitos here in the Midwest and we travel to Minnesota and Wisconsin where they have biting horse flies bigger than this Boondock. Any thoughts on this?
And how do you attach something like a small set of shelves on the wall? Or can you?
And one more thing, for now. I noticed the bathroom door doesn't go all the way to the top of the door frame. I assuming it's for ventilation and not a flaw? And yes, I have found the door does hit the ceiling. The plastic tubing seems like a good solution for that. Thanks for that suggestion.
Thank you for the wonderful information found in this forum. Happy to be here. Finally.

2021 320 S Boondock
Subaru Outback XT and Honda Passport
Des Moines, IOWA!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,507
    Congrats!  You are lucky to get the last one on the lot.  I have read that due to the surge of RV buying, many dealers are very low on inventory.  Also, I have never seen Tabs for sale on our forum sell so quickly - many are now posting sale pending or sold within a couple days of listing.

The general advice is to not purchase too much in advance.  But there are essentials that you will need:  surge protector, water pressure regulator, sewer hose/equipment and gloves, electric plug adapters, stabilizer pads, coupler/wheel locks, spray lubricant and more.

Regarding an awning - we set up the PahaQue side tent.  It functions as a screen porch.  The screening is no-see-em quality and that can reduce the airflow when there is limited air movement, but we remain essentially bug free.

Have fun and make sure you have Amazon Prime!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited July 2020
    Congrats @andyboy and welcome to the family!

Try a patio sized Thermacell for bugs. They are brilliant.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @andyboy ; Welcome!  Regarding the shelves question, you cannot or should not attach to the Azdel walls, but you can tie shelving into the exist wood cabinets and shelves.  This can be done above the door, below the front cabinets on the left and right sides of the kitchen, and in the back corners.  Some have also removed the TV and placed extra shelving or an electric fireplace there by attaching to the shower vertical supports.  Here are the corner shelves I did by using industrial adhesive on the side walls with 1/8" Baltic birch on the sides, and screwed and glued 1/2" birch into the rear cabinets and side shelves. Very well supported.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 459
    Congrats, I was in a very similar situation, we're only a few weeks into it and going slow on the purchases and mods.  The only thing I'd add is begin thinking of trailer security. I've only got a hitch lock at this point, I'm looking into a chain or one of the various wheel locks before I leave the trailer very long when dispersed camping. 
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    Kinda like being a kid again...waitin' on Santa! Congrats and...wear it out, son! 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for all the info and suggestions.

Thanks Sharon for the list "get this" stuff. A water regulator? Gulp...where does that go? And a surge protector? Where does THAT go? Obviously a total novice. And thanks the info on the side tent. My life runs by Amazon Prime!

DougH, thank for head's up about NOT fastening anything to the walls! Your shelf solution is brilliant. Thanks for showing it.

MarkAI, I wish I could do that. I'm pretty much full-speed ahead. Security! Of course. Great place to start. Thanks.

AirBoss: Definitely like waiting for Santa except now I have to pay for my presents. And I'm okay with that!

2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    The Surge Protector plugs into the 110VAC service source at home or at a camp ground, and has a p,it to plug the trailer into, a bigger version of what you would use with a home computer.  This checks the shore power connection is correct, no ground issues or reversed hot/neutral connections, as prevents power surges from damaging the trailer electrical systems.  Several discussion here about them.

Next, a Water Pressure Regulator goes between an external city water source (home or campground) and the trailer.  I connect mine on the trailer side, but you can also connect it to the water source side.  It prevents excessive water pressure from damaging any trailer water bits, and resulting leaks.  They are set for 45-50 PSI, which is max pressure allowed in the TaB.

Welcome aboard.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Your first Prime order😁

• Options
    edited July 2020
    And don't forget the adapters for shore power. 30amp to standard 110V and 30amp to 50amp, and a full supply of fuses. Classic stuff...a trip goes south for want of a $3 part. 
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    You guys are great!! So this inline water pressure thingie is already set to where it needs to be and I just have install it and be done? Oh, and since I don't have my 320 sitting here to look at, I can install the regulator and leave it there? Sorry. I'll get things figure out. Eventually.

And the surge protector, any recommended units?
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    @andyboy
    The regulator is installed between the hose bib/spigot (where you connect your hose to the water supply) and your hose. And it's ready to go as is. No adjustment necessary (or possible). 

Most folks also use an inline filter as well. So, it's hose bib, pressure regulator, inline filter, hose, trailer. I believe it's important to reduce the pressure before it enters the filter, but others put it after the filter. I leave mine attached to the filter at all times so I don't forget it. 

San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com

• Options
    Surge Protector thread - and there are others to read as well.  This is about the portable ones.

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/137772#Comment_137772
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @andyboy, welcome and congratulations on your trailer! Like proud parents, enjoy everything, it's all part of the adventure. Happy t@bbing! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    AvbjessupAvbjessup Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    Woohoo! Congratulations! I know how you feel...waiting tries your patiience! Lol
  • Options
    Insomnia brings up so may more questions!! Any suggestions or ideas for adding shelves---preferably sliding, or drawers for the under the sink cabinets?
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    @andyboy - try the “search” function to look for a thread specific to your needs.  Try “dish storage” or “shelf” etc.
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @andyboy, Some good insomniac reading can be found in the modifications and upgrades category in the left Hand column. Either it will put you to sleep or get you so energized you’ll be up for days planning what you want/must do.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Thanks Sharon and jgram2. Holy mackerel! So much great information. It will do nothing to help my insomnia! Sorry to keep bugging you.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    Congrats @andyboy... we've all experienced your enthusiasm...and some of us more than once...currently a T@g owner with the T@b CS-S in our near future ( this year).. buy the necessary trailer items first...then I shopped my house ..especially the basement...then after a few trips I got used to how I was setting up and went shopping...lots of good folks in this group that are more than willing to answer your questions...a must pack ..love my metal wine glasses and wine to fill them!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    Ha!!! While ours aren't metal, they're already packed! Don't leave home without 'em! As for the rest, my lists have lists and some the recommended hardware things are on order. So glad to have found you all.
    2021 320 S Boondock
    Des Moines, IOWA!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    Yes the  Mod section has some grand ideas.  But, I would suggest waiting until you get your TaB and take it out camping a few times, before getting too far down the modifications road.  See how you use it and what exactly you need to do, to make it work better for you.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    schoutschout Member Posts: 29
    Also - before buying some of the stuff mentioned, ask your dealer what they include!
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2020 Toyota Highlander