2019 T@B 320s leaking from Alde safety/drain valve when hooked up to external supply

dnodno Member Posts: 42
My Alde safety valve leaks, no, squirts water when hooked up to any external water source with even the slightest pressure. I tested the valve, opened and closed it, let some water and air out, but as soon as I hook it up to a city/campsite source, water projects out of it. Everything works fine when I use the pump and the fresh water tank and it doesn't leak from the pump's pressure.  Is there something I'm missing or might I have a bad valve?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    Are you using a water pressure regulator?  This is commonly seen due to excessive pressure.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • dnodno Member Posts: 42
    No regulator, but turning a water spigot even the slightest amount,  far less than pump pressure, causes it to spurt.
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2020
    You need to use this between the water source and the trailer.  Available at Walmart in the RV area,  This should eliminate your issue.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    @Michigan_Mike, I assume that's a pressure regulator. Have you had the experience I'm talking about? As I said, even with the very slightest pressure from a hose hookup the water seems to come out of the valve.
    I forgot to mention, this is a recent issue. I had the t@b hooked up at home directly (low pressure but no regulator) for a while without a problem. Now I'm on the road and at the first hookup this is happening.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Get a pressure regulator and see if the problem continues.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,413
    edited August 2020
    Those pressure relief valves do occasionally (but rarely) stick or fail completely. Try toggling it a few times to see if you can unstick it.

AND get a pressure regulator!
    2015 T@B S

• nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    when you turn a water valve  to a trickle, are you reducing volume or water pressure.  I’m not plumber but agree with the consensus of getting a pressure regulator.
    2016 cs-s max
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited August 2020
    dno said:
    @Michigan_Mike, I assume that's a pressure regulator. Have you had the experience I'm talking about? As I said, even with the very slightest pressure from a hose hookup the water seems to come out of the valve.
    Yes, I have had that experience.  The valve added in should eliminate your problem.  👍🏻
    The valve will release pressure on the system and is performing as it was designed to do.  When the Alde heats up water in the system it will do the same thing on occasion too as I’ve seen that as well.  I know that on occasion the valves have failed but my hunch here is that you are on a park system that has a lot of pressure.  I was up in Dead Horse Ranch SP in Cottonwood, AZ one time and they had the flip up well style handles at the water source and it happened there. Once I installed the brass valve the problem went away.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    Thanks, everyone, I'll definitely get a regulator today.
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Good, the first step in trouble shooting this issue, is the pressure regulator, than you can rule out excessive water preform the source, which is my guess is the issue.  If the valve still releases water after installing the regulator, than follow the advice given to check the valve.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.