Options

2021 Tab 400 Boondock Manual????

SimbionicSimbionic Member Posts: 23
Just took delivery on a new 2021 400 Boondock and reading everything i can find about how it all works. I find the NuCamp Users Manual not helpful enough. The "Unofficial Resource Guide" written by "Dad" to his kids is fantastic, but its for the 2020 model. Any other resources other than the one-off subject matter Youtubes for the 2021??
Simbionic
Tab 400BD
TV: 2013 Lexus GX460

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Not yet.  I believe an update of the Unofficial Resource Guide for the 400 may be underway.  We are waiting on input from you owners of the 2021 models!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    If you have specific questions, you can always email tech@nucamprv.com.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2020
    The Unofficial Guide is actually based on a 2019 model, which also covers the 2018.  The newer 2020/2021 models have much of rhe same layout and equipment, except 2020 has a different AC (Air8) and [the 2021 has] the new Nautilus system added.  So much of this manual applies to all to all TaB400s.

I am willing to edit up a couple of Addendums to cover the differences on the 2020 and 2021 models, based on input from you TaB400 2020 and 2021 owners, covering the Jensen system, Nautilus setup (what works as expected what does not), location of specific bits, like the Solar MPPT controller. (Photo showing location), and access location,
    Air8 operation specifics, and photos of Air8 control panel options.  
    Nautilus operation specifics on how you use it to do the various functions.  I know some of the valves do not perform as expected.
    Operation of the larger 3-way fridge, fan switch/light function and when to use them.

Any other tips on how you might use yiur TaB systems, and what is working and what is not working as expected.  Submissions can be made here by posting a reply, and I will collect the submissions and photos posted here to create a new add on supplement for the Unofficial TaB 400 Guide.  I will collaborate this effort with the guides original author.
    Thanks

[corrected Nautilus info as it began in the 2021 models—Verna T@B Admin]

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    WrenaaWrenaa Member Posts: 4
    We have a 2021 TAB 400 Solo Boondock. Our dealer sent us off with only patched together systems and appliances manuals but not a main operating manual. I commented to NuCamp that given all of the risks and warnings in the manual we finally tracked down, every vehicle should have one, just like when you buy a car!   They sent an online version but we don’t have a printer that can handle the Fonts and color nuances in the manual so we asked that NuCamp send us one. We received A loose paper Printout by mail to us. I then took the loose printout, out it through a three whole punch, and have it organized in a binder with sections highlighted with sticky notes. There is a lot to know for a new owner!  
    I believe NuCamp should provide both a print manual (bound copy) and a video tutorial taking owners through set up and operational steps. (I also bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee Outlander and it had a manual, video and setup app included  - setup took time but was a breeze for my Jeep. We are still stumbling around learning the Tab 400!) 
    There I a lot of great technology on these things and we want to both take advantage of the features and protect it (and us) from harm! 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2020
    nüCamp does have on line video library of how to do videos of the TaB systems that are common to both models.  They need to add the two Nautilus systems to their library.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    grsiepkagrsiepka Member Posts: 58
    FYI 2020's don't have the nautilus water system. Ar least mine doesn't. 
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite - 2018 Toyota Tundra Platinum - Tempe AZ
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 261
    @Denny16, where do you find the online video library of how to videos? It would be so helpful to see these. 
    Thanks 
    mer
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @xdr, try this link, which has the nuCamp videos.  You might want to review the "Tech Talk" videos:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQet7diDLx-9HVbRYBCmITw
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Bayliss, you beat me to it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    johnm2johnm2 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2020
    Simbionic, we just picked up our new TAB400 Boondock. Have been trying to find manuals for it. Could you provide the link you got from NuCamp? Thanks
    2021 TAB400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tundra 4WD Crewcab, Green Bay, WI
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    johnm2 said:
    Simbionic, we just picked up our new TAB400 Boondock. Have been trying to find manuals for it. Could you provide the link you got from NuCamp? Thanks
    https://nucamprv.com/app/uploads/2020/05/2021-TAB-400-Manual.pdf
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    runaway30runaway30 Member Posts: 86
    I am going thru the above manual.
    I don't believe the 2021 400 has a cassette toilet correct?

The waste water system includes:
    • Fill Level Monitor Screen
    • Gray (waste) Water Holding Tank
    • Drains
    Cassette Toilet
    • Piping & Connection 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @runaway30, if you could send a note to customercare@nucamprv.com with a screen shot with the page number, I’m sure they would be happy to pass along the need for a correction to the proper department. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Page 32.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio