Options

sink in wet bath

Hi, we just bought a 2015 tab outback, the wetbath has a shower but no sink, has anyone added the sink shower head combo and if so was it a diy project. Thanks for any help you can give us.

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    Welcome, chris1. I believe there was originally a small sink in the wetbath in the earliest S models, but it got dropped--probably to save space since in the non-clamshell T@Bs it is largely redundant given the nearby kitchen sink.

IIRC, somebody did tackle such an installation a while back. Try a search to see if something comes up.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    My 2015 (very early 2015) did not have a sink. 

Your 2015 wouldn't happen to have turquoise trim would it?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited September 2020
    We are of the camp, that in a small trailer like the TaB, having a sink in the toilet/ shower compartment, when the galley sink is close at hand, is redundant and a waste of space in these small units.  Our TaB400 was even optioned without a sink in the shower/toilet compartment, gives us more room for the shower.  
    The galley sink is more than adequate for washing hands (and face in morning), when necessary.  Meal prep, serving is normally done after AM clean up, and before bedtime, so the single sink is not a conflict.  

For any occasion where a washbasin is needed in the head, just add a fold down bracket/shelf, and but a small bowel in/on the bracket/shelf, and dump when through.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    There were a number of years with no bath sink, 2018-2020 I know didn’t have them. The few that do have the corner sink (Usually CS models with no other inside sink) make the tiny bath even more cramped. Getting the water supply would be pretty easy, just tap into the shower line, but adding the drain plumbing would be a challenge.

Honestly, for S models with the kitchen sink right there, it just isn’t needed. You can always put a bottle of hand sanitizer in the bath area if you’re concerned about touching surfaces before you reach the kitchen sink.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    A simple mod to add a wash basin, is a stainless mixing bowl mounted under shower head area on a fold up shelf/bracket and just dump the bowel when done,  The bowl can be removed, bracket/shelf folded up, and you have the shower back.
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    chris1chris1 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks everyone, havent even picked it up yet, Im getting way ahead of myself!!! So excited to start fixing it up for us. I'm glad I asked about the sink, you all saved me some money better spent on other things.