Options

Refrigerator Not Working

Comments

• Options
    huanvanhohuanvanho Member Posts: 47
    I have 2017  T@B 320. My refrigerator is not getting cold after 3 hours plugged in AC. I tried AC, DC and Propane. I have Power indicator light ON for all 3 modes.. BUT refrig. is still not getting Cold. Any comments or idea? Thanks
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    @huanvanho, is your trailer level?  If not, that is why the fridge is not getting cold, it needs to be very close to level in both directions.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    Checked the plug under the sink?

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    This happened when my igniter was corroded.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Check the fuses on top of the fridge. You have to lift the stove first by loosening the the four corner screws. Ours starts showing temperature drop in about 45 min. Complete cool down in 3-4 hours. On propane or 110 volts.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jules2gojules2go Member Posts: 164
    I'm having a similar issue with my 2020 320s. If you have a GFI outlet near the floor on yours, try resetting. I just brought my camper back from the dealer's service person where it has been for the past week so they could take a look at it. They found nothing wrong, of course! He wasn't sure if that GFI outlet is on the same switch or whatever as the fridge, but maybe that is a source of the problem. 
    2020 Tab 320S BE "Moonbeam"
    2019 Toyota Tacoma 

Asheville, NC

"Don't postpone joy!"
  • Options
    llanowarllanowar Member Posts: 1
    I have a T@B 400.  Fridge light on but will not cool.  It is level. Took it to repair and worked for them. Took home and worked until I turned dial trim 5 to 3.  Now nothing but light.  Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    How old is your TaB400?, if still under warranty, contact nüCamp Warranty Service dept.  
    cheers
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    I believe Norcold  fridges have a 2 year warranty.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Yes, and the 2018 TaB400 standard fridge has a Norcold two-way compressor fridge.  Not sure which fridge the llanowar has, are the new TaB400 using an Isotherm Elegance AC/DC fridge?
    cheers
  • Options
    UpasanaUpasana Member Posts: 5
    The refrigerator in my 2017 Tab 320s stopped working.  Light doesn't even come on indicating power source when attempting to use it with electric or gas.  Battery light will come on if I switch to battery mode.  I had my electrician brother-in-law check it out; there is no problem with electric in the camper, and I switched out the fuse to be sure.  I'm afraid maybe the refrigerator has died.  Any ideas?

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Some history:  Norcold had one three way model used by Pleasant Valley Teardrops in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 T@B 320’s, non CSS models. In the past year there have been many of those who have experienced problems and reported here on the forum. 

Many seem to be soot around the thermocouples, need for cleaning around the thermocouple, and that seems to help a lot for the propane option. 

Now I’m seeing more having problems with the battery operation and electric operation. Battery problems would entail checking the 12V fuses and wiring. Electric would mean to check the 3 glass fuses on top of the fridge (you have to lift of the propane stove to get to said fuses), the circuit breaker, make sure it is plugged in under the sink into the electric outlet, and make sure the GFCI outlet hasn’t tripped. 

A 2016 T@B 320 owner has been told there is no longer a fix. She can either replace with the newer Isotherm two-way (12V and 120V) model with some cabinetry changes, go to an ice cooler, or try fitting an ARB high efficiency 12/120V fridge freezer cooler in its place. There’s even an option of removing the 3-way fridge and making the cabinet into storage and buying  a 12V/120V fridge freezer in the tow vehicle. Get the one with a Danfoos type compressor for longevity. 

I know that’s a lot of options, without a definite solution for you. Norcold has a great Tech Support team, and you should try try them. If they cannot give a solution, then one of the above options are some choices for your fridge needs. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”