Options

Victron Smart Solar MPPT will not pair with iPhone

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,530
    Yeah!  So, did you have to remove the controller to find the PUK code?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BclarkeBclarke Member Posts: 110
    Yes... thanks for your help!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,432
    Glad you got it sorted, forgot about the bit to reset the Pin no first, before using the PUK no.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    @Bclarke Thank you and all the other contributors to this post. I replaced my iPhone yesterday and had to re-establish Bluetooth to my Three Victron devices (SmartSolar, BMV 712 and Orion Dc/Dc charger).  The detailed post made the task a lot less frustrating. I now have the PUK documented for all devices so I don’t have to under the bed for them again!
    Thank you. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    BclarkeBclarke Member Posts: 110
    So glad @DenisP that it was helpful.  Of course we all do these things on the weekend when companies aren’t available.  I am installing a new Victron battery monitor this weekend and because of my Bluetooth experience I am installing the 712 ... Both Bluetooth and a hardwired gauge.   I don’t want to rely just on my iPhone.  Ha!
  • Options
    marleecampsmarleecamps Member Posts: 139
    Having a similar issue attempting to pair my Android phone to the SmartSolar via the Victron app.  Have unpaired from the previous device.  Tried PINS of 000000, 00000, 0000, 1234, as well as the likely code I would have changed it to if I have done so (but pretty sure I did not).  Cannot connect.  Have tried numerous times to reset the PIN, using the PUK code from the manual - assume this is the alpha/numeric sequence following the "PN" on the back of the manual.  (The SN matches what the app is displaying, so I don't think this is a case of incorrect labeling.)  No success.  Also deleted and reinstalled the App, rebooted the phone, and danced the hokey pokey while singing.  Nothing seems to work.  I am unable to pair my phone nor reset the PIN.

Of course, I am  heading out tomorrow afternoon for a five-day inaugural season trip to a campground with no hookups and was really hoping to be able to monitor my battery levels during the week.  Any suggestions would be most welcome.
    --Marlee
    2021 Tab400 Boondock; TV 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee; Minnesota
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sorry to hear about your issue, but the PUK code is not in the manual, it is on the back of the Victron MPPT controller, you need to locate the controller under your hanging locker/lg fridge bottom storage compartment, you need to unmount it from the bulkhead, and get a phone camera in there to take a snap of the back.  This is the reset code you need.  It would be nice if it were in the manual.  After getting the number off the controllers back side, I wrote it in the manual for future use.
    Cheers  
  • Options
    Thank you, Denny.  Very helpful.  
    --Marlee
  • Options
    Success in resetting PIN and then pairing with my Samsung phone.  Whew.  For those who follow in these footsteps, you will need (at least I did) a #2 square screwdriver or drill bit to remove the controller from the wall.  And a whole lot of patience and interesting yoga poses to unmount and remount said controller in tight quarters.  (Might have been an unladylike word or two escaping from my lips.)

I can always count on the experts, new and veteran, on this forum for guidance!

Note to NuCamp - how about providing that elusive PUK code on owner documentation?  Sure would be handy.
    --Marlee
  • Options
    edited January 10
    Marlee, I said it was going to be a tight space to work in, glad you got it sorted.  I wish nüCamp had put this controller in a more accessible spot, closer to the battery.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    CaptenajCaptenaj Member Posts: 42
    Thank you for this great discussion. It saved my sanity. I was able to sneak my phone camera behind the controller after loosening the two top screws, and one bottom screw in order to take a picture of the PUK. One thing I was doing wrong at first, when entering the PUK it is case sensitive.
    2021 T@b 320 S
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 278
    Success in resetting PIN and then pairing with my Samsung phone.  Whew.  For those who follow in these footsteps, you will need (at least I did) a #2 square screwdriver or drill bit to remove the controller from the wall.  And a whole lot of patience and interesting yoga poses to unmount and remount said controller in tight quarters.  (Might have been an unladylike word or two escaping from my lips.)

I can always count on the experts, new and veteran, on this forum for guidance!

Note to NuCamp - how about providing that elusive PUK code on owner documentation?  Sure would be handy.
    Bought a new iPhone, and guess what? Had to endure the PUK code retrieval ordeal as related by @marleecamps in order to pair the Victron app with the controller. Incredible that Victron doesn’t provide you with the PUK in its documentation and NuCamp makes it about as difficult as possible to unmount the controller so you can access the code. And of course you have to remount the controller. Hope my back and knees forgive me.

BTW, in my 2021 400 BD the controller is located in the space behind the drawer on the driver’s side of the trailer.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    RobermcmRobermcm Member Posts: 84
    Good news. my 2023 tab 400 has a victron Bluetooth solar controller and the PUK number is mounted in a semi friendly spot! On top of the controller, versus on the back, requiring you to unmount it. 

Here’s mine.

2023 Tab 400
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI
    Northern Ohio