Options

Cat Mod

I was recently adopted by a Tabby cat.  Can't leave him home while I am out in the trailer so he has to come with me.  First issue I faced was where to put the litter box.  Easy solution actually--in the bathroom after covering the floor drain so the absorbent kitty litter doesn't get into the gray tank.  Not even Happy Camper would handle that!  Then I realized that the cat needed unrestricted access to the litter box.  Either that or I would need to be a very attendant doorman for him.  So I fabricated a gadget to hold the door slightly open so he can squeeze in on his own.  I used some scrap poplar, a 4" spring door stop, and a very thin mouse pad.  The mouse pad is the black stuff on the inside to keep from scuffing the door.  The gadget fits over the top of the door.  It is only needed while camped.  If you leave it in place while traveling the door will swing back and forth as you move.  The litter box rides really well on the floor of the shower.  haven't had any spillage issues at all.

Comments