Options

It’s so cute

We checked into Disney’s Fort Wilderness Campground on Thursday 10/29 leaving Monday 11/2.

I’ve been spending a lot of time at the site just relaxing, enjoying adult beverages and watching people walking and riding by.

Here’s a breakdown of comments about our 320.

I like your camper 20

It’s soooo cute. 15

What is it? 10

Who make it? 8

One woman who has one of those small rectangular T@G sized campers that said she wished she had ours.

And one young man that asked a ton of question, we showed him the inside (it was a mess we were still setting up), and he even took a selfie with it.

Makes for an interesting stay.
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited November 2020
    Jealous!!! We missed this year!! From the pictures, the decorators still went all out!! We get the same comments at Disney :) We also leave the truck in overflow and we get asked if we pull it with our rental golf cart!
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    Boy, I know what you mean. Everyone stares at our T@B 320 or comments or they want to look inside. We bought it to be safe and self-contained, but this little trailer is a magnet. 
  • Options
    JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    Hey, Tampakayaker. What does Ft. Wilderness cost these days? Any suggestions for a favorite part of the park or spot? Thanks. We're heading down in a few months.
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    We get the "cute" comment a lot!  I like to inform people that cute is OK but the functionality and quality of this product is where it really shines!
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    JPRoland said:
    Hey, Tampakayaker. What does Ft. Wilderness cost these days? Any suggestions for a favorite part of the park or spot? Thanks. We're heading down in a few months.
    It varies by site type and days/seasons/holidays.  Figure for a partial site that has water/electric/cable tv around $95 average.  I can give you a name of a great travel agent that specializes in the Fort and Disney.  There is no charge to use him.

We’ve only used the 1500 and 2000 loops which are the partial sites.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    MelanieAllredMelanieAllred Member Posts: 7
    I saw my first T@B 400 in a Walmart parking lot, walked up to the truck passenger door (with my mask on due to Covid), owner rolled down window and after I goo-gooed over how cute it is, asked if I could look in his camper windows, to which he obliged.  I've been hooked ever since!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    @MelanieAllred - now see what you did!  There is a cure for that, but it’s expensive😂
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 451
    We did Halloween at Ft. Wilderness last year.  Big disappointment.  Felt like we were in a KOA type parking lot.  We came to Ft Wilderness years ago.  There was a good distance and a lot of foliage between each site.  You couldn’t see your neighbor.  It felt like wilderness.  I understand population growth.  I’m a native Floridian.  My first trip to Disney was to see a diorama of the “proposed” Magic Kingdom in a building in the middle of acres of orange groves.
    But we still love the Disney thing!
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    GatorEgg said:
    We did Halloween at Ft. Wilderness last year.  Big disappointment.  Felt like we were in a KOA type parking lot.  We came to Ft Wilderness years ago.  There was a good distance and a lot of foliage between each site.  You couldn’t see your neighbor.  It felt like wilderness.  I understand population growth.  I’m a native Floridian.  My first trip to Disney was to see a diorama of the “proposed” Magic Kingdom in a building in the middle of acres of orange groves.
    But we still love the Disney thing!
    They have been trimming back the brush between sites due to dry weather/fire alerts for the last few years, and trimming the trees due to limbs falling.

We were in the 2000 partial loop and that still has some privacy between sites.  Depends on what one you get.

Yes, the Fort now a days is not like the Fort from the 70's and 80's where the brush was so thick you couldn't see or walk between sites.

And on bad days the golf cart traffic is as bad as rush hour on I-4 and just as dangerous.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    KCodeKCode Member Posts: 22
    We always count T@B oglers on our trips! So fun.
    2021 T@B 320S
    2011 Honda Odyssey/Dave and Karin
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
  • Options
    TresK3TresK3 Member Posts: 65
    Grew up in Tampa in the 1970's and I recall going to this new "Disney Thing" the first summer they opened.  You had to have separate tickets for each ride, and the E tickets were the best. 
    Guess I'm really dating myself here.
    2019 Tab 400 Boondock Lite
    2017 Dodge Durango AWD with Tow Package IV
    A can of Skyline Chili in the pantry
  • Options
    TresK3 said:
    Grew up in Tampa in the 1970's and I recall going to this new "Disney Thing" the first summer they opened.  You had to have separate tickets for each ride, and the E tickets were the best. 
    We came down from NY on vacation in 77 and went to The Magic Kingdom.

We had built a conversion van and stayed at Fort Wilderness.

Yes there was an admission charge, then you purchased ticket books.

Ahh, the good old days.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    SlackersSlackers Member Posts: 419
    My first Disney World visit was in '78.  Someone in our Spring Break group was a stock-holder and Disney kindly upgraded all of our tickets to Es.  I hope her family held onto the stock!
    2019 Tab 320 CSS, 2019 Ranger TV, OH
  • Options
    Slackers said:
    My first Disney World visit was in '78.  Someone in our Spring Break group was a stock-holder and Disney kindly upgraded all of our tickets to Es.  I hope her family held onto the stock!
    We moved to Tampa in 78.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Yep, welcome to the world of T@B

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Kren325Kren325 Member Posts: 3
    My cousin just told me she wants to Airbnb in my T@B...hmmm.
    2021 T@B 320s (p/u 11/14/2020)
    2021 Subaru Ascent Premier
    Freehold, New Jersey
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Actually the Fort has gotten better with foliage since 2005. After the 2004 Hurricanes, they DECIMATED all the foliage. There was a lot of invasive potato vines everywhere that they eliminated, then they thinned out a bunch of trees, and then planted some native stuff that has taken awhile to grow back. I went several times in 05-06 and it was absolutely barren.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    TresK3 said:
    As a kid I visited the original Disney park in SoCal. I recall how those E tickets seemed to disappear long before the book was empty...

I still like referring to the most exciting places and pursuits as "E ticket rides."  :-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    TresK3 said:
    I went that first summer, too. We drove down from PA a little while after Hurricane Agnes and the devastation was still visible along the Susquehanna River. I remember seeing a pickup truck up in a tree. It was a pretty somber start to that family road trip. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    gspdxgspdx Member Posts: 208
    We were in Sandpoint, ID over the weekend.  Need to get ready for sunset right after lunch!
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Ecoboost with tow package
    PNW
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    "I love the yellow"
    "Oh look it's a little T@B"
    While driving, people traveling in the opposing direction often flash their lights at me :)
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,283
    edited February 2021
    While driving, people traveling in the opposing direction often flash their lights at me :)
    This is going to be so confusing. I'm a new Jeep Wrangler owner and still getting use to the wave and light flashing from that. Picking up a T@B 320 S on Friday. Pulling it with the Jeep will double my need to acknowledge members of the club(s).

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    @Mellow_Yellow, sounds like yiur headlights are aimed too high when towing thenTaB, due to the rear of yiur TV being pushed down past level.  Hook up,your TaB and make sure your rig (TV and trailer) are level, and see how far down yiur rear end drops when the trailer is connected.  If all is well here, h
    get your headlights realigned.
    Cheers 

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    Hi @Denny16 - you're sure the other drivers aren't just happy to see me?  ;) The Toyota Sienna seems pretty level with the T@B...
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    On our most recent 2 weeknight outing to a nearby state park, we got a number of comments.  We ended up giving 6 tours of our '19 CSS.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Slackers, we've been tabbing for more than 5 years now and have given many, many tours. A tip we got when just starting out is to have a guest book. Whenever we get asked or approached, we tell them the price of a tour is to sign our book with the date and location. In the quiet times, we've looked at the book and remembered tours given in New Nexico, California, Wyoming, Oregon, Utah and 30 other states. It's a great ice breaker at the time and presents a lot of different memories later. Enjoy!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    That's a great idea we'll adopt.  Thank you.