Options

Replacement brake shoes?

Where do you purchase replacement brake shoes if needed for a 2016 320?

I tried using the search function and didn't have anything come up?

Are they something that Advanced Auto parts or NAPA would carry?
2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
Tampa FL

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    edited November 2020
    If you have the AL-KO/Dexter axle manual that came with your T@B, it should include parts diagrams and numbers. No idea if those are locally sourceable parts, but worst case you could get them from Dexter or maybe etrailer.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    ScottG said:
    If you have the AL-KO/Dexter axel manual that came with your T@B, it should include parts diagrams and numbers. No idea if those are locally sourceable parts, but worst case you could get them from Dexter or maybe etrailer.
    Thanks, I don't think I have that, but I'll check.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited November 2020
    You could contact nuCamp Customer Supoort and see if they are available from nüCamp.  Otherwise, AL-KO is going to be the source.  Also try EBay, as others have found AL-KO parts there.   That said, i think the 2016 is a Dexter axle, which is what the current TaBs use, and should be readily available.  
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    Here is a thread about an owner wanting to change to the Outback axle.  There is a discussion of the type of axle on the trailer.  It is called a Dexter Torflex.  (Either light duty or medium duty, I don't remember).  There is a discussion of the part numbers, etc.  These appear to be pretty standard axles for many trailers, so I would think brake pads would be easy to find.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Look here. I believe we have the 10" x 2-1/4" drum, so kit K71-047-00.
    Maybe someone else can confirm this...

Note that with a 2016, you may have an AL-KO axle, but Dexter took over AL-KO sometime in the recent past. I think the parts and specs are all still compatible, though specific part numbers may have changed.

You might also be interested in the Dexter axle service manual
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    ScottG said:
    Look here. I believe we have the 10" x 2-1/4" drum, so kit K71-047-00.
    Maybe someone else can confirm this...

Note that with a 2016, you may have an AL-KO axle, but Dexter took over AL-KO sometime in the recent past. I think the parts and specs are all still compatible, though specific part numbers may have changed.

You might also be interested in the Dexter axle service manual
    Thanks.

I noticed what looked like some brake dust on my wheel after we got back from our last trip.

When I changed the tires and I spun the wheel I heard a slight rub on part of the rotation, but nothing that should've indicated a problem.
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    Well, I can tell you mine does the exact same thing, both wheels, and has done so since the camper was new. Even when I adjust the brakes I still get a little more drag in one spot. However, it hasn't caused a problem in six seasons.

Note that with properly adjusted brakes there is supposed to be a little drag. I think the rule is that given a nudge the wheel should spin about 3/4 of a revolution before stopping.

Info on brake adjustment should be in that owner's manual I mentioned in my first comment above.  
    2015 T@B S