Options

Shower sprayer

Lucbuddy25Lucbuddy25 Member Posts: 4
Has anyone had trouble with their tab 320 shower sprayer.  Can they be changed?

Comments

• Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Which shower?
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    And (assuming your asking the question for a reason) what sort of trouble are you having?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited November 2020
    If you choose to replace your shower head like many on the forum do, I can attest to this model for under $20:
        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RGXM6X
        ...with...
        https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WTVBPMF
    ...which I use as the water saver attached to the shower head side of the hose.

I bought this one after watching several videos like:
        https://youtu.be/sfgbMl3iG2E
    ... where they tested a half dozen shower heads for flow rate and how far the shower would actually shoot water with some force. I had to use a healthy amount of Teflon tape, and I don't know how long the shower head will last though.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    The button on the sprayer does not want to change from spray to steam.  It keeps switching back to stream
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    The button on the sprayer does not want to change from spray to steam.  It keeps switching back to stream
    Must be a different head than my 2015. I have a button but it is only ON (spray) or OFF.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    This is a 2021    Thank you
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Verna said:
    Yes, they can be changed. A good one is Oxygenics Fury.  It is water saving without feeling like it and it allows the gray water tank to hold a 4th day of a shower for me. 
    X2 Oxygenics  is a great upgrade.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jebjamjebjam Member Posts: 43
    Did you ever find a solution to your 2021 shower head not staying as you set it? We have the same problem with our 2021 320. The sink faucet/shower head has a rubber button to press to change from sink flow to shower spray, but it won’t stay in shower spray when released, the only way to take a shower is to constantly hold the button which is a pain, it reverts to sink flow mode when you let it go. Anyone else experience this or know the fix?
    2021 T@B 320 CS-S Boondock / 2020 Ram 3.0 EcoDiesel
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    SusanDSusanD Member Posts: 87
    @jebjam I have exactly the same problem.  I held off on a new head last year. I felt that the alternatives were to large for the sink but in looking at oxygenics now, it looks like there are a couple of smaller options.
    2021 Tab320S Boondock, 2019 Subaru Outback 2.5
  • Options
    Since there is little discussion on the forum about this and it seems like a basic issue I wonder if our heads are defective, thinking of reaching out to Nucamp first have you done that? I’ve never seen a shower nozzle in a camper that didn’t lock on spray  if you wanted to.
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    @jebjam did you ever figure out the situation you mentioned above?  We have a 2022 T@B 320 S and have the same issue with the original bathroom faucet/shower head.  It acts as if the water pressure is not sufficient to hold it in the shower mode.  This is even the case when we are on city water, when you would think pressure would be sufficient.
    Thanks!
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    scott14 said:
    @jebjam did you ever figure out the situation you mentioned above?  We have a 2022 T@B 320 S and have the same issue with the original bathroom faucet/shower head.  It acts as if the water pressure is not sufficient to hold it in the shower mode.  This is even the case when we are on city water, when you would think pressure would be sufficient.
    Thanks!
    Hi Scott.  I lived with it last summer and forgot about it over the winter and never reached out to NuCamp, I should have though we're now out of warranty and I'm sure they wouldn't pay much attention, a solution is up to us.  I'm surprised no one else mentions this issue on the forum, if its typical you'd think there'd be talk.  It is strange, and annoying.

Golden, CO
  • Options
    TabneroTabnero Member Posts: 221
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You really need a shower head that has a cutoff valve at the head, so you can turn off the water flow without changing the water temp.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.  For now, we are going with an Oxygenics shower head.  After some searching the forum it seems this shower head may work.  It does have a shutoff on the shower head handle, which, I agree, is critical.   We are camping next weekend at a campground without showers, so we will give it a try!
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    Great, report back and let us know!
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    Hey Scott, have you got a link to the shower head you chose and can you tell me how it worked?  I'm ready for this change!

Golden, CO
  • Options
    @jebjam - The shower head worked well.  The water stream is average, not super, but it does the job.  It's a camper, right?  I like the ability to turn off/turn on the water at the shower head.  Saves you from monkeying with the faucet and constantly adjusting the water temperature.  We purchased the shower head at a local Walmart.  I hope this link works:

The cost was around $30.  I used the nuCamp shower hose and simply removed the stock shower head and screwed on the Oxygenics shower head.  The Oxygenics shower head comes with a stick-on wall mount.  I have not mounted it yet, as the new shower head will fit into the stock nuCamp wall bracket.

If you have any other questions I can answer, let me know. 

• Options
    Ah ok, my vision was adding a T attachment below the existing nozzle and leaving the existing nozzle for sink use,  with a second hose to a proper shower head with an on/off control on it that stayed on the wall.  
     Does the replacement head work well in the sink for hand washing and such?  Presumably it has an on/off at the head that works, stays on when you want it and you can shut off to conserve water as you lather up, is that right?  Is the water pressure any different than with the stock nozzle?
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    @jebjam - We do not typically use the bathroom sink for washing hands or brushing our teeth.  The curved ceiling/roof line makes it a challenge.  The Oxygenics shower head does fit down into the faucet fixture and will work as a bathroom faucet, although it is not ideal.  I will try to post a picture later tonight.  It does have an on/off switch built into the handle.  I will say that the water does drip from the shower head with the switch in the off position.  Not a deal breaker for us though.  We still are saving water.  You are correct, shower on to wet your skin/hair, shower off and soap up, shower on to rinse off.  Some people call it a "Combat Shower".  I actually found it to be very refreshing.  Be sure to have the ceiling vent/fan on and the windows open.  The hot water causes a lot of moisture in the air that will need to be ventilated.  The water pressure is adequate.  We were dry camping, so the on-board water pump did a nice job.  I had trouble getting the stock shower head to stay in "shower" position (by pushing the button) when testing things at home, even on City Water.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    Also called a “navy shower”.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @jebjam - This is the shower head installed on the stock hose placed in the stock faucet.  As you can see, not the best space for washing your hands.  The downward angle is a little much!

The shower head in the stock wall mount.  On/off push-button switch at the base of the shower head.

• Options
    Thanks for the followup!  We do use the sink for hand washing, though agree the angle of the camper make washing up a difficult task.  I'm going to see if I can find a solution with my original plan to have both a shower head and a nozzle at the sink.  Frustrating that NuCamp installed sink handles that double as a shower head, but won't stay in shower mode!
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    @jebjam - Please provide an update once you have the modification complete.
  • Options
    So, I did what you did though we opted for brushed nickel finish, its the same nozzle.  I did find a perfect diverter at ACE for $20 that I could install at the faucet, leave the original NuCamp sprayer intact and either run the included Oxygenics hose to the mounted new shower nozzle on the wall or simply leave the hose and nozzle in a drawer and attach when needed and that was my plan.  In the end, we decided the Oxygenics nozzle was fine at the sink.  In some ways the added height makes sink use easier though the spray is less than ideal and it looks a bit goofy.  Wish there was a smaller Oxygenic RV shower nozzle, but whatever this will work.
    We're going to try this next time out and see how it goes.  If we don't like it, I'll attach the diverter and probably just carry the shower hose and nozzle in storage to be pulled out when boon docking.
    This was an easy change but a lot of thinking and muss just to be able to have the shower run continuously in shower mode.
    And yes, we learned to run the fan after the first time we used our shower, good advice and we always abide by that, makes a big difference!

I!
    Golden, CO
  • Options
    MooreeMooree Member Posts: 21
    If your shower is broken, you can take apart your shower faucet and install a new one. The first thing you’re going to do is disconnect your RV from its water source, need to disconnect both hot and cold water hoses. Then detach the mounting plate of your RV’s shower faucet.
  • Options
    MooreeMooree Member Posts: 21
    Mooree said:
    If your shower is broken, you can take apart your shower faucet and install a new one. The first thing you’re going to do is disconnect your RV from its water source, need to disconnect both hot and cold water hoses. Then detach the mounting plate of your RV’s shower faucet.

Before you start using your new shower faucet, take a moment to carefully inspect the edges of the mounting plate and knobs for any potential leaks. Don't forget to do the same for the water hoses as well.

• Options
    Eclipse19Eclipse19 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, for those having a problem with the factory shower head not staying in shower mode I have figured out the issue. It’s water pressure related. We have a 2023 TAB CS-S and also have this issue but I noticed that it only happens on City water using the 40psi regulator that NuCamp recommends. Using the onboard pump, our shower head would stay in shower mode until you try and slow the amount of water coming out of the faucet, then it clicks back into stream mode. 

I haven’t tried different pressure regulators while on city water yet, but I plan to at some point. Seems like an oversight on NuCamps part that they designed a water system that likes 40psi or lower but a shower head that likes over that…

We will mostly use the shower while boondocking so it’s less of an issue for us.

I hadn’t been able to find anyone that had identified the root cause of the issue yet so I wanted to post it. I was less than pleased that the shower worked for the dealership walk through but didn’t work in my driveway…