Options

Water dripping

I have noticed there is water dripping underneath where I plug in my 30 amp cord. I investigated today and there is a tube there I’m wondering what the heck that drain tube is for and or if this is related to the dripping I have underneath the outlet
2019 320S Boondock Edge

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited December 2020
    @Tater, that appears to be either your hot water or cold water line drain tube (hard to say for sure without a wider angle photo of all the tubes in that area.)

Check under the driver's side seat/bench to confirm that the drain valve for the hot water line is completely closed.  Also, the drip may be associated with too much pressure in your Alde hot water tank (assuming you have recently used hot water or heated up the water.)  Open the yellow flapper valve (lift it up) in that compartment and release some pressure/water from the tank.  Review your Alde manual, because it explains that you need to remove some of the pressure from that tank by opening the Safety/Drain valve (yellow flapper) approximately every 10 days to create an air cushion above the water in the tank.

To identify the different drain tubes and water line connections, open the "User Manuals/PDF Files/Videos & Resources" folder on the left side of your screen and download the "Plumbing Compartment Components (320S)" .pdf document.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    TaterTater Member Posts: 134
    thank you thank you  I will check what you sai tomorrow. When it’s light out and get back to you. 
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    Sorry it took so long. I appreciate your help. 
    The hot water drain was closed. I will read about the Alde pressure. This past week was the first time I really used my hot water and it’s was dripping way before that. 

Anyway it is the drain tube directly below the electric plug in farthest to the left. According to the diagram that you directed me to that looks like the hot water drain. It drips from there even when I’m not using hot water though I don’t quite understand can you give me some more expertise!
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Whether you are actually using hot or cold water, the plumbing throughout should pressurize with water(obviously as long as city water is connected, or pump has otherwise pressurized the system) and thus you could have a leak anyways. I would open & then close the low point drain(that’s what it is called) to insure it has seated properly.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,506
    Are you using a pressure regulator?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    I do use a pressure regulator but it happens When I’m connected to both city water and when I’m using my tank and not connected to city water
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    Low point drain ?   I have all the diagrams. You need to be a plumber to fiqure all this stuff out. 
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,443
    Tater said:
    Low point drain ?   I have all the diagrams. You need to be a plumber to fiqure all this stuff out. 
    I believe @4ncar is simply referring to the hot water drain valve that you have implicated as the culprit of the leak. It's possible the valve is faulty, but it might just not be quite seated, or even have a little something stuck in it. If so, opening and closing it a couple times could remedy the problem. Good luck!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited December 2020
    @Tater, just to piggy-back on the comments by @4ncar and @ScottG, the "low-point" drain reference is as @ScottG mentioned.  The hot (red) and cold (blue) water lines each have a silver valve that you open to drain water from those lines, such as when you are winterizing your trailer, or when you just want to drain out all the water.  The silver valve at the hot water drain point is what you want to open and close several times to see if you can get it to create a better seal and stop the drip. 

They are "low-point" drains because they are supposed to be the lowest section of the water lines so you can easily drain (most of) the water from those lines.  In reality, they are not actually the lowest location (but close enough), because to really get all the water out of those lines, you need to blow them out with an oilless air compressor (or fill the water lines with RV compatible anti-freeze) when winterizing your trailer.  If you have not tried winterizing your plumbing system yet, you will want to read up on the process.  There are numerous discussions about it on this forum, plus resources in the folders on the left side of the forum pages.

If the drip does not stop, you will probably need to replace the hot water valve at the low point drain tube.  Although I have had to remove and replace one of those valves, it should be a relatively simple and inexpensive task if you are comfortable doing that.  Otherwise, you can take the trailer to a T@B dealer or RV repair shop to have that done.
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)

• Options
    Thank you. Heading out there now
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    Ok. I opened and closed. We will see if that works. Also I live in GA and I don’t winterize  
    I camp all winter long as I prefer to camp when it’s cold. If the trailer is at home and we get below freezing which doesn’t happen too often I just crank on the Alde. 

Any other suggestions on that subject ?
    2019 320S Boondock Edge
  • Options
    No more suggestions from me at this point, @Tater.  Hopefully, it will all work out great for you and you can get back to that winter camping.  Have fun!

• Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    thank you thank you very much !!
    2019 320S Boondock Edge