Options

For Those Who Relish Boondocking...A Head's Up

2»

Comments

• Options
    homerdhomerd Member Posts: 37
    Very sad that greed puts may put handcuffs on something good. How could Walmart even be responsible? Yet spilling hot coffee or not filling your airplane with gas has been compensated by a jury.
    2022 Tab 320S Boodock
    2012 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    2013 KZ Durango 336RE
    2013 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ Duramax
    Akron, Ohio Summer/Fall and out camping
    Largo, Florida Winter

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    Truly sad when someone innocent (a child in this case) loses their life due to the ignorance of the adult(s) that are supposed to be smart enough to protect them. If I were to guess, Walmart will pay this off just to make it disappear, but I am not an attorney nor do I pretend to be.

In regards to @AirBoss comment "Think the underlying issue is there are forces out there that may not have a boondockers best interest at heart...both governmental and otherwise.  US media is full of examples of folks, whose IQ mirrors their height in inches, who could not care less about preserving our public lands."

Unfortunately, this goes way beyond boondocking. It is time to unite our country, put aside our differences before it is too late. We are on a path as a country that is not good, I compare it to a runaway train and the curve is coming........

Brad

2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    homerd said:
    Very sad that greed puts may put handcuffs on something good. How could Walmart even be responsible? Yet spilling hot coffee or not filling your airplane with gas has been compensated by a jury.
    Walmart is not to blame for the fire, but everything you know about the McDonald’s coffee case is wrong. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2022
    Well put Marceline!  The MacDonalds coffee case and this parking lot case are two different issues, no real similarity, except the not so smart actions of the people involved.  Whilst greed has fuel some lawsuits, many are based legit issues of concern.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.