Options

Battery boxes and battery box accessories — add your battery box and accessory links

2»

Comments

• Options
    SubieDooSubieDoo Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2021
    @Mellow_Yellow Thank you, I'll check it out. What Li battery do you have that fits in the group 24 box?

@Verna Will do so!
    2021 320S BD
    TV: 2021 BMW X5 Drive 40i
  • Options
    Mellow_YellowMellow_Yellow Member Posts: 332
    SubieDoo said:
    @Mellow_Yellow Thank you, I'll check it out. What Li battery do you have that fits in the group 24 box?

@Verna Will do so!
    Hi @s@SubieDoo - I sourced a Canadian-made brand: https://www.lynaclithium.com/product/12-8v-100ah-true-series/

The price quoted is in Cdn$ and it's even come down a bit in price since I bought mine in January. 
    2014 T@B 320 S "Sunny" - 2015 Toyota Sienna LE - British Columbia, Canada
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Thanks for this thread.

I would love to see examples of how people install an AGM 100Ah battery in an older tub (I have a 2018 320S Outback).  My existing battery box is for a group 24 battery and the new battery is slightly too large, but the larger boxes look like they will be tricky to fit in the old-style tub (along with the propane tank).
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,417
    edited September 2022
    @PNWtabber, you might find this discussion helpful. I have a group 27 box in my old-style plastic tub that currently houses a group 31 battery.
    I understand the aluminum Outback tub is a bit roomier than the plastic tub, so you might have even more options.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottG said:
    @PNWtabber, you might find this discussion helpful. I have a group 27 box in my old-style plastic tub that currently houses a group 31 battery.
    I understand the aluminum Outback tub is a bit roomier than the plastic tub, so you might have even more options.

Thanks, @ScottG.  I've been struggling with the measurements I've been seeing for the boxes--too long for my tub, but apparently that includes the lid, which adds a few inches to the length.  I bit the bullet and ordered the battery and a couple of different boxes (boxes can be returned to Amazon, but the battery cannot).  Hoping I can make it work.  Will report back!

• Options
    Glad to report that I was able to get a group 27-31 battery box to fit in the aluminum tub of my 2018 320S Boondock.  It is a snug fit, at an angle, but it fits.  Hoping my new Renogy Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12 Volt 100Ah has a long and happy life powering my T@B.