TAB 400 Fridge Selection

2»

Comments

• pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    Can anyone in this thread give me:
    The Model Number of the 3 way fridge?  Is it the Norcold 3104? (Apparently replaced by the 4104?)
    And, the Model Number of the 2 way fridge?  I think it is the Isotherm CR65EL?

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • NorCalMikeNorCalMike Member Posts: 52
    Here are the three options per nuCamp Support Team:

TAB 400 STANDARD 2 WAY Fridge
                                      Make: Isotherm
                                      Model: C065RBBAB71113AA   CR65EL
                                      Size: 2.3 cu ft.

*TAB 400 OPTIONAL 3 WAY Fridge 
                                     Make: Norcold
                                     Model: N3104-U131L145L31A
                                     Size: 3.7 cu ft. of interior storage

TAB 400 Solo STANDARD 2 WAY Fridge
                                    Make: Isotherm
                                    Model: C130RBUAB71113AA    CR130EL
                                    Size:  4.6 cu ft.
  • TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    Our 2021 Tab 400 we received 3 weeks ago has a different 3-way model.  It's the N4104-U131L145L52X.
  • AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I read a short while back that Norcold had discontinued the 3100 series recently.

Curious if there are deltas between them?
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    I was just looking at that - without digging into the specs, it looks like they have the same dimensions (inside and out) as well as current draw.  So not sure what changed..
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited March 2021
    Many, many years of camping in trailers with 3-way refrigerators, and now 1 1/2 years in the 400 with the 2-way refrigerator.  I’ll never go back to a 3-way.  We’ve found the 2-way to be deceptively large enough for most all our fresh or refrigerated foods.  It is extremely efficient when boondocking.  On longer 4 to 5+ day trips we will take either a small Yeti or larger RTIC cooler, mostly for beverages.  The unit is quiet and the cycling doesn’t bother our sleep.  It gets cold quickly and can freeze everything in there if you aren’t careful.  The only negative for me is that it vents the warm air into the cabin, and I wish it was vented outside - at least when it is warmer weather and we don’t need heat in the cabin.
  • berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 958
    Current 400 comes with the 4104 3 way fridge.  Its what our 2021 has and so far its been great over the past year of use.  A couple of other threads on the merits of both.  It's really preference.  I love it for boon docking using propane over my battery.  Gets nice and cold, more room and at eye level.  On longer trips we do supplement it with our Iceco 45 12v fridge which is kept in the truck.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I wonder if nuCamp will offer that larger 2 way frig in the 2022 non-solo models.  I think it would check a lot of boxes for volume and ease of access like the current 3 way.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    A while back Sharon, I did a search for a larger, 3.x CF two-way compressor fridge, found one model that might work in the wardrobe space, but a new facing would be required, as it was an inch or two narrower and 4-8 inches less top to bottom. Personally, I prefer to have the extra storage area withnthe wardrobe, and the smaller 2.3 CF fridge is more than large enough for a 4-day trip. Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    Denny16 said:
    A while back Sharon, I did a search for a larger, 3.x CF two-way compressor fridge, found one model that might work in the wardrobe space, but a new facing would be required, as it was an inch or two narrower and 4-8 inches less top to bottom. Personally, I prefer to have the extra storage area withnthe wardrobe, and the smaller 2.3 CF fridge is more than large enough for a 4-day trip. Cheers
    Isotherm Freeline 115 is a nearly perfect fit for the hole left by 3-way removal. Likely no need for futzing.
    Other than Brad in NC, this thread will make you believe that 170 year old technology is still the cat's $%^. In many situations it is not, and it is dangerous. There are a lot of threads on this topic that support, with data, the 3-way as a liability in climatic conditions with sustainable heat.

2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 604
    The model number of my 2019 400 2-way Norcold frig is NR751BB.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA