Options

Another New T@B Owner

2»

Comments

• Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,292
    edited February 2021
    @AnOldUR - I hope you find another T@B soon that's just right for you!
    Well, that didn't take long. Our daughter saw a T@B 320 S at a dealer not far from her house. We took a look this morning and left a deposit. Ended up spending an additional four grand, but got a 2020 instead of a 2018. The dealer, Colonial Airstream in Millstone NJ, was the complete opposite of what we experienced with Fretz. Very professional and up front. A pleasure to do business with them. There were other things about the first sale that we were not comfortable with, but in the excitement were willing to overlook. That sale falling through was for the best. Moving on, here the new (to us) one.

One thing we really like is that the air conditioner is under the bench seat instead of taking room on the wall. I've seen microwaves in the spot where the air was in the 2018. Wondering if anyone has added that on their own?
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512
    Nice - a bike rack, too!  What’s in the diamond plate tub?  What kind of tongue weight will you have?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Price question. The dealer was originally asking $28,000 and marked it down to $27,000. We negotiated to $25,800 and that includes a brake controller and installation. My Jeep has a 2" hitch, but no trailer wiring at all so that also includes the complete wiring harness and 7-way plug. How does that compare to going prices?
    Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Nice - a bike rack, too!  What’s in the diamond plate tub?  What kind of tongue weight will you have?
    There was nothing in the add-on box. Just extra storage? I was thinking the same thing about tongue weight. The spare tire is mounted in the waiting-for-an-accident spot under the back. I may remove that second box and move the spare to the front. My Jeep has a 200lb tongue limit, so I'll have to do some experimenting to get it right.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    AnOldUR said:
    Where are you located?
    We're in New Jersey, but retired last year, so traveling to find what we want is not a problem. The deal we just lost was from Fretz RV in Pennsylvania. Salesman was at best incompetent. It was a learning experience that will help with future shopping.
    Our thoughts were the same as what you said. We are hoping that as Covid becomes less of an issue more used nuCamps will be available. May even consider new to avoid going through this again. Suffering from a bit of burn-out after this purchasing disaster, but we'll be back on the bike in no time.
    Since you are in NJ, you could consider contacting Miller Trailer Sales in Perkasie, PA. They are a smaller, family-owned nuCamp dealer, and our experience with them has been very positive. I've seen several other posts on the forum about them that indicate our experience with Miller is not unique.

2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    CharlieRN said:no time.
    Since you are in NJ, you could consider contacting Miller Trailer Sales in Perkasie, PA. They are a smaller, family-owned nuCamp dealer, and our experience with them has been very positive. I've seen several other posts on the forum about them that indicate our experience with Miller is not unique.

Unfortunately, Miller has no stock and can't even take new orders until the end of the summer. I've also read plenty of positive reviews for them and plan to use them for parts and service.
    Hoping for the best with the 2020 T@B 320S we put a down payment on.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    CharlieRNCharlieRN Member Posts: 439
    Didn't see that your story already had a happy ending. Best of luck with your new T@B! And if you decide you don't want the bonus bike rack, I'd be happy to take it off your hands . . . 
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock / 2022 Telluride - Phillies/Eagles/Flyers Country
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    CharlieRN said:
    Didn't see that your story already had a happy ending. Best of luck with your new T@B! And if you decide you don't want the bonus bike rack, I'd be happy to take it off your hands . . . 
    I will definitely be taking the front mount rack off. Actually, I contacted Miller with a request for pricing on the rear Yakima rack that can be used with both bikes and a storage basket. Are you local to my area? We may be able to work out a deal.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Another question. My 2020 T@B 320 S will come with solar. Does this look like factory installed? If so, how much additional does nuCamp charge to include this with a new purchase?

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited February 2021
    Yes, that looks about right.  Solar comes with the Boondock package on 2021 TaBs.  You would have to contact a dealer to see if it can be added to the non BoonDock TaB and the cost.  It was an option on either model in 2018-2020
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Please be aware that, with a 2000 lb. tow capacity, you will be perilously close or over the tow capacity without adding any cargo to the T@B. 
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    WooHoo! Brought the 2020 T@B 320S home yesterday. I think we made out OK. Most everything we'll need to get started was either included from the previous owner or supplied by the dealer. One surprise was finding a PahaQue awning with the mesh front wall. My wife and I are looking forward to being happy campers.
    Here it is in my snow melt, muddy driveway.

Stockton, New Jersey

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Well, it’s been a month since bringing home our TaB. Thought a quick update was in order. It’s still sitting in the same spot in our driveway, but we’ve been busy with personalizing and functional mods. In a couple of weeks we’ll be taking it out to Miller’s. Since we purchased from an Airstream dealer, we wanted a better orientation. They also agreed to walk us through the dewinterizing process. The weekend following that we’ll be doing a one night stay at a Harvest Host winery as a shakedown cruise. Very exciting stuff. Can’t wait.

edit to add:
    We went to Miller’s to schedule the service. Great, friendly people to work with. Feel very lucky to have them as our local dealer. Also want to say thank to this forum for all the help it has given us.
    Stockton, New Jersey