Options

Alde/Truma changing glycol brand in new models. (NOT A RECALL)

13»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Mine took 3.5 gal without the Flo unit Syd, so you are going to need at least 4 gal.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    fstop32fstop32 Member Posts: 362
    FWIW...a 5gal bucket of Rhomar from Truma/Alde runs $188 + tax & shipping
    DaveR middleTN - 2015 320S  /  TV 2003 Tundra 4x4
  • Options
    LawyerboyLawyerboy Member Posts: 98
    I am taking my 18 cs-s to the area Truma/Alde Tech and it is $320 for the drain and refill.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @dhauf - just to prevent confusion, Alde/Truman, not nuCamp directs the type of glycol to be used in the Alde.  Alde originally recommended the Century TF.  They have since changed their recommendation to use of Rhomar - RHOGARD RTU 50%.  It is not “their” glycol.  What brand of glycol did the Alde tech recommend to you?  Also, I believe that they are still recommending a 2 year interval change.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    For the record, Truma/Alde from Elkhart, Indiana and nüCamp recommends the Rhomar glycol as the only approved glycol to use in our Alde’s. While personal research may yield other brands may be suitable, the manufacturer of your T@B, Cirrus  and Avia Alde units and the manufacturer of your T@B, Cirrus and Avia campers recommend the Rhomar brand  of glycol. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    To those whose comments were moved, this discussion is nüCamp’s notice of their information concerning the new glycol. This is not a discussion for any other kind of research on different brands of glycol. 

Verna
    T@B Administrator
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    What color is the new Rhomar glycol? There are so many threads about glycol on this forum I'm having a hard time figuring out what type of glycol we have in our 2021 Tab400. We purchase this November of 2020. According to the Service bulletin above they changed over to the new Rhomar Jan of 2021. This would imply that our Tab has the old fluid. But based on the pictures I have seen the old fluid is yellow. The fluid we have in ours is a Blue maybe slightly green color. Is this the old glycol or the new glycol? 
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    According to the Safety sheet the RhoGard RTU is clear blue.
  • Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    @mjwaldner
    I just bought a gallon of Rhomar from Nucamp (through my dealer) and it's green/bluish color. Sounds like you have the new stuff. 
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    I took another look at this because it did not seem correct. I took the cover off the reservoir and shined a flash light into the container and it is definitely yellow. Crazy thing is with the cover on shining a light on it it looks very blue/green. So it turns out I do have the old stuff. I guess it was too good to be true...
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
  • Options
    tinglebellstinglebells Member Posts: 14
    HERE IS A COPY OF THE GLYCOL WORD DOC

January 18, 2021

TRUMA/ALDE GLYCOL SERVICE BULLETIN

SUBJECT: GLYCOL CHANGE
    Pleasant Valley Teardrop Trailers/nuCamp has been notified by Truma/Alde that they will be switching to a different brand of glycol (Rhomar Water RG-RTU-50).  This change is a requirement from Truma/Alde for new units to be eligible for warranty.   Due to this requirement, all nuCamp production units manufactured on or after 1/4/2021 will contain the Rhomar water glycol.    

NOTE:
    The Rhomar Water CANNOT be mixed with any other old glycol.  If you are changing glycol or winterizing campers the system will need to be flushed with water and blown it out with air to remove all existing glycol.  Refill complete Alde system with Rhomar Water.

• Options
    Yes @tinglebells - you have the same copy as the first post of this thread.