Options

Is this drip "anything" or normal?

A quick camping trip (didn't even unhook and wasn't level) - saw this dripping that I've never seen before. I crawled under and it was coming from a rubber area in front of the wheel well. A friend said she thought she saw a hole where it was dripping. Thinking it has to do with being hooked up to city water as I turned that off and it stopped. Looked under the seating area in the trailer - no water or wet spots. Tried to look in the access door in the bathroom where the pump is but couldn't see down in there. Getting a photo under there was difficult but second photo I was able to catch the drip as it was coming out (circled area). I may not be explaining this all correctly but thought I'd put it on the forum to see if anyone might have a clue! I have a 2016 - 320S. Thanks! Mickie
Michele, Tucson, AZ. TV - '13 F150 & '16 T@Bitha special order.

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Hmmmm...could be you didn't have the city water connection quite tight enough but also could be a loose pipe connection. Can you shine a flashlight in the hatch behind the toilet and take a peak and look for water?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mickietucsmickietucs Member Posts: 709
    @jkjenn - I attempted to look down into the hatch with a light but wasn't able to get a good view of the bottom (they need to make that hatch larger to get your head in there)! If it is a loose pipe I have no idea how to find which one and even worse fix it - May have to take it in for servicing at some point :bawling:

You never really travel alone. The world is full of friends waiting to get to know you!

• Options
    The hatch is gone in the new models :) Pump is in a different spot. Problem solved.

That area is a really pain to deal with. Someone on the forum created a larger access panel - I cannot remember who.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited February 2021
    @mickietucs there is a “lowered” section under the shower. Is the drip coming from there?  The lowered section is the p-trap for the shower. 

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    @mickietucs, you could shine a flashlight in the hatch and take a picture with your phone to check for water. That’s usually how I do all my plumbing! 😆
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited February 2021
    @mickietucs, based on your description, it sounds like a loose campground/city fresh water intake connection on the driver side wall inside that compartment (accessible only via the small access door behind the toilet.)  If you use a small mirror and flashlight, you may be able to see water on the floor under that pipe inlet connection.  

The below discussion thread may be helpful to you.  Some of it discusses the fresh water tank connection, but look through the entire post.  It includes photos that provide a good view of the campground water inlet connection in the area where the leak is likely located:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/8617/fresh-water-leak-fixed-again/p1
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    jkjenn said:
    That area is a really pain to deal with. Someone on the forum created a larger access panel - I cannot remember who.
    That was me, documented here. The hinterlands down behind the can really are a nightmare from an inspection and repair standpoint. I used a flashlight and mirror to look around down there via the hatch, but I mostly found my small leak via feel since it wasn't very far down.

@mickietucs another place to inspect (if you haven't already) is the "tunnel" between the shower pan and the drivers side wall, forward of the wheel well. You might be able to peer up into that area from the under the bench where the converter is mounted.

Unfortunately, leaks can be hard to trace as they seldom drip from where they are actually leaking. Regardless, I would take pains to locate it definitively. If you are lucky it will be an easy fix (or at least easily accessible), but otherwise breaking out the Sawzall may be the only remedy. Good luck and let us know what you figure out.  
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll first try with a mirror and flashlight. @Verna - looking from the outside, that area you describe (p-trap area in the shower) could be where it's coming from. I will try that, read through the thread sent by @Bayliss and also look again under the bench to the "tunnel" that @ScottG mentions. I appreciate everyone's responses and once this is solved, I'll report back. 

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited February 2021
    @mickietucs, after many thousands of miles, my p-trap fittings came loose inside the boxes in area on my 2014/15. I took the outside off, realigned the screw-on pieces and finally got the pipes in alignment with each other. The hardest part was sealing the box back up. I didn’t have the correct caulk and my caulk dripped from the joints for a while😂. If you need to get to the p-trap, I do believe it is within your skill-set to realign the pipes. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Verna - thanks for the vote of confidence. If I can actually determine the source of the leak, I then might be able to proceed. Will let you know!

• Options
    Well, I couldn't find the source (but had a suspicion) - there's an rv repair "connected" to our storage lot. The repair guy hooked up to a city water connection and after a while saw the dripping - turns out it was originating behind the shower wall where the hot/cold pipes go to the handles. Had to take the panel off to see it and get to that area. All is well now! 

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    @jkjenn - I attempted to look down into the hatch with a light but wasn't able to get a good view of the bottom (they need to make that hatch larger to get your head in there)! If it is a loose pipe I have no idea how to find which one and even worse fix it - May have to take it in for servicing at some point :bawling:
    Get one of these or something similar.  Connects to your cell phone or tablet 

DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope Inspection 2.0 Megapixels HD Snake Camera for Android and iOS Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, Tablet -Black(11.5FT).

Oh the things you can do and see with one of these!
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    I have one of those, somewhere! I bought it when I lost a fuse in the converter, lol.

• Options
    Thanks @Tampakayaker - pretty cool device!

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    @Tampakayaker The description says for use with ... . . iOs 9 or higher--I have an older iphone but am current on updates to the 14.4 software version--will my phone work with this?  Thanks!
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited February 2021
    You can check your phone for the IOS version in the setting About  menu. 14.4 is the IOS version, which is higher than the old IOS 9 version from several years ago, so you should be good to go.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    lkc001 said:
    @Tampakayaker The description says for use with ... . . iOs 9 or higher--I have an older iphone but am current on updates to the 14.4 software version--will my phone work with this?  Thanks!
    As Denny16 said, you should be OK.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL