Options

Floor issue in 2019 t@b 400 BDL

BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
Just back from a 10-day trip and over the last few days my wife kept telling me she felt there was a small depression in the floor about a foot from the threshold.  While cleaning I ran my hand over the floor and yep, there is a depression.  I crawled under and removed a number of the passenger side screws from the rubber undercarriage cover so I could peek in.  Sure enough right at the dark gray tape I see a bubble about 8".  I can't see any damage, nor water lines etc., so I'm not sure how this occurred.  I sent an email to nucamp warranty and hope to hear back this week. We're planning a 8-week trip mid April so naturally we hope to fix whatever this is. 
2019 T@B 400 BDL
2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
Niceville, Florida

Comments

• Options
    manyman297manyman297 Member Posts: 1,185
    Wow. You may want to check out this thread:

https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/159480#Comment_159480

This might be why they went from an all-Azdel floor to the luan floor in the 2021 model. Also, is that a seam I’m seeing in the pic? If so, why is there a seam there?
    2021 400 BD
    2020 Tacoma TRD Off-Road 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited March 2021
    The composite material on the bottom of the floor is Greencore, Azdel (which is black) was the top layer under the vinyl floor covering on pre 2021 TaBs.  Curious about the tape also.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    Curious indeed. I would try the following:
    While under the unit, have someone walk on the floor above to see what and where deflection exists; and if the tape indicates a joint in the flooring material - presumably you will see some deflection. Then cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit the area you have exposed below. If possible the plywood would best extend to any steel members nearby. Next, I would support the plywood from below so it is tight to the exposed floor. Then test from above for any deflection. If the deflection has been eliminated; then fasten the piece of plywood to the existing subfloor. If the subfloor is plywood, you could use a construction adhesive and screw to the plywood subfloor. If it is Adzel, do not screw into it as it has minimal screw holding ability - use construction adhesive and if possible a small steel angle fastened to the steel frame and new plywood piece. You might consider such an approach as an interim fix until you can get NuCamp to address the issue.
    Richard
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    RCB said:
    Curious indeed. I would try the following:
    While under the unit, have someone walk on the floor above to see what and where deflection exists; and if the tape indicates a joint in the flooring material - presumably you will see some deflection. Then cut a piece of 3/4 plywood to fit the area you have exposed below. If possible the plywood would best extend to any steel members nearby. Next, I would support the plywood from below so it is tight to the exposed floor. Then test from above for any deflection. If the deflection has been eliminated; then fasten the piece of plywood to the existing subfloor. If the subfloor is plywood, you could use a construction adhesive and screw to the plywood subfloor. If it is Adzel, do not screw into it as it has minimal screw holding ability - use construction adhesive and if possible a small steel angle fastened to the steel frame and new plywood piece. You might consider such an approach as an interim fix until you can get NuCamp to address the issue.
    Richard

Great idea.  I'm moving it from it's current storage lot out to a nearby Military Base (after waiting 15-months) to a very nice secure storage lot.  I'll remove enough of the bolts to lower the undercarriage cover to better inspect the area.  I'm hopeful the metal framing offers a means to attach the 3/4 plywood.  Confident the floor is Adzel.  I have my fingers cross I'll hear something positive from nuCamp this week as well.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    Response from nuCamp warranty today "Do you notice any depression on the interior camper floor? (yes).  When did you purchase the unit (Apr 2019).  Perhaps it's me but not optimistic and I'm expecting the next email to simply say "out of warranty, sorry".  I get the warranty thing but this looks like a manufacturing issue and definitely not something my wife or I have done.  Has anyone had cause to reach out to nucamp management and if so, how responsive were they?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Blueespy, keep talking to Warranty. Their management does work with them, as well as consulting with the rest of the factory. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I had an issue with the bathroom fan. WY out of warranty. They still sent a new fan. So dont give up on a warranty repair yet.
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    edited March 2021
    I just had my 2018 400 floor repaired under warranty. I believe the floor has a 3 year warranty. 

In addition to our 1-Year Limited Warranty, nuCamp agrees to warrant the structural integrity of the camper/trailer (roof, floors, front walls, rear walls, sidewalls, and hatch door, where applicable) for up to three (3) years from the date of purchase (Warranty Period). This does not include electrical systems, plumbing, or any system components or other items excluded under the warranty provided. 3rd-party components parts may be warranted by their respective manufacturers.

This warranty covers nuCamp campers/trailers manufactured on or after April 30, 2018.

2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    DenisP, Tundra57 and Verna.  Appreciate the responses. Feeling much better about the future of our t@b 400.  Having the t@b has given us the opportunity to travel and camp and is a breeze to haul and setup.  Sure, every RV will have some issues and ours has been no exception; reading light failed, rubber bummers on the sink were lost, dog ran through the screen door but nothing that has sidelined or caused us concern, except this issue.  We're hopeful whatever needs to be done can be accomplished before our Yellowstone trip in mid April.  We'll keep everyone updated on nuCamp's response.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,001
    I'm sure NuCamp will look at your issue thoroughly and take care of if for you.  Enjoy Yellowstone too.  Have you been there yet?  It's truly an amazing place.  It's probably my favorite NP so far.   We went for the second time in 5 years last July.  This year we're spending a week in Tetons.  Brave soles taking your trailer there in April too.  Keep it winterized or at least bring enough antifreeze to winterize if needed.  
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    bergger said:
    I'm sure NuCamp will look at your issue thoroughly and take care of if for you.  Enjoy Yellowstone too.  Have you been there yet?  It's truly an amazing place.  It's probably my favorite NP so far.   We went for the second time in 5 years last July.  This year we're spending a week in Tetons.  Brave soles taking your trailer there in April too.  Keep it winterized or at least bring enough antifreeze to winterize if needed.  

We spent three days visiting Yellowstone in July 2019 on our way from FL to AK.  That trip was three months and truly the time of our lives.  If our schedule holds true, we should be in Yellowstone the 1st week in May and while there will still be a chill in the air, we don't necessarily expect snow.  Main reason was to avoid the mad summer rush of people.  Now, our return will take us through ND and SD, so who knows what the weather will be. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    We have had snow on the ground in Yellowstone end of May!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Yeah we were there in May once and got a healthy does of snow on us.  You should be fine but I would bring 3 gallons of antifreeze just in case the weather turns.  And yes it will be nice with no crowds!  I recommend walking the Norris Geyser Basin at about 630 in the morning.  You'll most likely have it all to yourselves!  
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    I would think if we keep the ALDE heat on and we're using the the 400, we wouldn't need the antifreeze or am I missing something?
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    You're systems inside the camper will most likely be okay, unless the temps get really, really cold.  But you need to be careful of the plumbing that is exposed.  Like the gray/black dump valve and the lines running in and out of the fresh water tank.  It is very easy for that waste gate valve to freeze and crack.  You could always just dump  a gallon of antifreeze down the sink into the gray tank and then just barely open the gray tank knife valve to let some into the gate seal to help out.  The black tank is above the floor and with the alde running would be okay.  Also keeping your fresh water tank full will help with it freezing.   
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    Also, the fresh water tank fill and pump connection hoses (np they are not pipes) are inside thenTaB400 also, under the Wardrobe on 2018/2019 400s:

Small hose goes to the pump, large hose is the fill from trailer side.  This is under the wardrobe floor lift out bottom panel.  The bigger issue is the large hole in the floor here the lines run through.  I packed closed cell packing foam into the open space, as dust (whist going down dirt roads) cold air and rodents can gain access here.  On the plus side, leaving it open allows warm air from the Alde heat to waft down to the water tank top.
    cheers
  • Options
    UPDATE on flooring.  Several emails to Warranty with the last asking me to take some inside the camper video of the floor.  I took some laying a long level first North and South then East and West and you can definitely see the depression.  I then took a video of my wife walking on the floor and it's really noticeable.  Just one area a bit larger than a basketball.  Four videos and more pictures sent on Friday.  Probably won't hear back until Tuesday but I'm hopeful. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    Emily got back to us.  Nucamp is going to replace the floor but they want to do it at the factory in Ohio.  Bit of a challenge as we live in Florida and are planning an 8-week trip starting 18 April.  Been a week since Emily gave us the news and asked us to email the Service Manager so we can move forward.  Unfortunately, after three emails we haven't heard back.  Hoping to hear something this coming week but it doesn't look like we'll have time for the repairs prior to our trip.  We've asked if they have any suggestions as to what we might to to prevent further damage.  We'll update the post when we hear back.
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida
  • Options
    You only need to empty the lower galley under sink cabinet and inder front dinette seat locker for the repair, so perhaps you could schedule the repair the week before your trip, and start your journey from Ohio?
    Cheers
  • Options
    Austin at nuCamp got in contact with us.  Learned quite a bit from our email exchanges.  For scheduling it looks like July is the first opening that would work for us.  Austin assured us that we could enjoy our Yellowstone trip and not worry about the floor.  The process to replace the floor will take two days once we drop the trailer off at the factory at 0800.  It would be ready by 1500 the next day.  I think we'll try and get a factory tour while we wait for the repairs. 
    2019 T@B 400 BDL
    Niceville, Florida