Options

Propane issues

We have a new 400 and Alde and stove have been working great for the past 24 hours and now all the sudden there's no gas pressure. Stove lights with good pressure then quickly goes out and Alde has gas fail message. The tank has plenty of gas and I tried a second brand new tank. Opened valve slowly but still no pressure after the first few seconds. Could this be a regulator that went bad? 
2021 T@B 400 BD
2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
Columbus, OH

Comments

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I think there is a check valve in the pig tail end that connects to the tank.  I’ve seen this happen before.  Take the pig tail end that hooks to the tank and tap it a few times in a piece of wood, serif that does anything.  Try hooking it back up to a tank and slowly open the valve up.  You might also need to clear any air out if the lines coming into the trailer too before it will light.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    kmulhkmulh Member Posts: 36
    Thanks for the suggestion. I gave that a try and no difference. Lots of pressure to start the burner on the stove and then it just fades away.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2021
    Could be a bad stove valve or more likely the thermocouple, which keeps,the burner lit once it heats up upon initial startup.  . It is getting propane to light, but not staying on, which is the thermocouple not sending the burner valve it’s the burner is lit voltage signal, so the burner slowly goes out.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Since Alde is is not operating either, I think the regulator is suspect.
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    OK, missed the bit about the A.de not working.  There are several discussions going on here about the Alde working and stove not working.  Got the, mixed up.  Thanks for catching this 4ncar.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    edited April 2021
    I believe the "valve" mentioned is not in the hose but rather in the tank.  Read this https://www.propane101.com/valveopennopropane.htm specifically under the OPD Valve Design. My suspicion is that this valve is stuck. They are designed to limit propane flow but not stop flow, so think of a water hose with a kink in it. Open the sprayer and it works great but quickly drops off, like what you are seeing with your propane flow.

** Edit, it has been my experience that if the valve is closed that minimal gas will flow. This is based 100% on my experience with Weber gas grills. 

Brad
    2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    The other clue here is that he’s tried to hook up two different tanks and the same result.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Quick update. I talked to NuCamp and the dealer and looks like the propane regulator is bad. Dealer is getting one shipped from NuCamp and will install as soon as it arrives.  Raphael at NuCamp and the service department at Wahlberg RV in Columbus have been super helpful.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Options
    I dropped my T@B off at Wahlberg's service department on Wednesday and of course they weren't able to reproduce the propane pressure problem, it worked fine for them.  NuCamp did send them a new regulator so they went ahead and swapped it out, great service.  We're heading to Lake Hope State Park (Ohio) this weekend so will be able to test it out - going down to the upper 30's at night.
    2021 T@B 400 BD
    2020 F150 3.5 ecoboost
    Columbus, OH
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,293
    My guess would be something blocking the line or a kink, either of which could have been shaken lose during transit. With flow restriction, pressure beyond the problem would still equalize, but not be sustained once attempting to use an appliance.
    Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler