Options

Norcold Fridge shutting off on Propane

Hi. I have a 2018 320S Boondock with the 3-way Norcold fridge. Last weekend, while the fridge was running on propane, I noticed the fridge wasn't running and warm. When I started it again I noticed the gauge showed barely on the line between white and green which was a little lower than normal. Then I noticed it would bounce around if I flicked it with my finger. I got it going again a couple times, but also noticed that the flame would go out right when I closed the fridge top cover (covering the controls). Weird! Loose connection? One or two issues?

I noticed a soot buildup around the thermocouple and chimney as well so I cleaned that on site. Really hard to get the soot off the thermocouple though, and really hard to get the thermocouple out. Anyway, I got it cleaned and started again a couple times, but the flame just kept going out over time, or when I closed the fridge top cover. The thermocouple seems to be in partial flame where it should be. Faulty?

Back home today I removed the cooktop and looked inside remembering someone posting awhile ago about loose connections. I didn't notice any, but wiggling them around seems to have made the gauge read more onto the green side now. Not a good sign. The propane starts first click of the ignitor, and the gauge now reads well into the green like it used to last year, but I don't know if it's going to go out after awhile next time camping. Any experience with these issues? I did a search but there's so many to go through.
Dean

Adventure Canadian Style

2018 Tab320s Boondock Edition, 2018 Toyota Forerunner TRD

Comments