Options

Where does it go? Why don't we see water draining from the T@b a/c hose?

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Works fine for me - Just have to realize the volume will vary by temps but the gauge has three temp ranges. The only thing I rely on it for is when I think I'm getting low.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

The gauge (not the exact one above) works fine for me.  Not perfect, of course, but helps take the guesswork out of whether you are getting low.

Back on topic:  I have the Friedrich installed down low.  Still have never seen any condensation.  The people next door to me at Tearstock have had the same experience.  I had my A/C replaced at Tearstock (not because of the condensation thing) and it too has failed to produce any visible condensation.

The manual says that the units are designed to throw condensation against the unit to evaporate it, thus increasing efficiency.  You would think that in humid weather at least some of the condensation would escape, but that ain't necessarily so.

Bottom line:  Make sure the drain is not stopped up.  Be sure the trailer is level (or tilted slightly to the A/C side).  Inspect the trailer to ensure there is no leakage going where it shouldn't.  Relax and enjoy the cold air.  Forget about what the gremlins might be doing to the condensation.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    mannymanny Member Posts: 108

Razbug larry,  I have the same a/c on floor. 2015 L-max  I was at tearstock too..  I did have water dripping out the bottom..   Had a/c on tues. when got there till sat. when left..   worked great..   That was one hot week..  wife and I had a great time .. met a lot of great people  we will back next yr.  Go Bucks!!!    Manny, 2015 T@B L-max

2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Options
    manny, yes.  One of the Little Guy guys told me that they have seen this before.  Some put out condensation drip and some do not.  Apparently they have not figured out the reason either.  I guess as long as it's cooling and not leaking inside somewhere, everything is cool...so to speak.  Mine cooled great too after the new A/C was installed.  Agree on the Tearstock comments.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    A T@B Barium swallow test.  Awesome. Yes, do post results!

Result: On my 2015 S Max it (The drain from A/C compartment) drains out a drain tube underneath in front of axle. Mine drain tube actually rests in the frame section making it hard to see, but it drips down the frame and drips @ axle area on drivers side. 

M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    My 2015 drains in the same place. Have been running the air for 5 hrs as it was 91 at 10am. Checked the drain tube, nothing, nothing even damp, everything still dusty. Hmmmm - took the mirror off to see if the drain was plugged - nope, the tray is dusty from my gravel road travel. No sign there's ever been draining in the pan. Took the passenger seat off to make sure there wasn't any water/moisture draining down the wall - dry. It's like all condensation is just evaporating. It's hot, not real humid so maybe that's it.

One anomaly is the drain tube attached to the pan is clear weezbo(sp) - the tube underneith the frame is black. Gonna have to see if there's a clear tube somewhere down below in that general area. Doesn't seem they'd attach a different type somewhere in the wall.

• Options
    hobbithousehobbithouse Member Posts: 25
    PXL, my CSS is the same. A clear tube at the drain pan in the AC but then changes where it exits thru the floor underneath the TAB, but it's all one and the same. Go figure?
    2019 TAB400 2018 Toyota Tacoma 4dr trd off road
  • Options
    Ok - Cool, won't go crawling around under there anymore :-)
    Guess it's not humid enough to produce more than's evapoating - sure isn't any stray water anywhere.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    When you take the seat off on the driver's side under the A/C, you can see the clear tube coming down inside the wall between the cabin and the shower. Mine comes out  of the underside of the floor in front of the axle, on the inside of the I beam frame. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Verna said:
    When you take the seat off on the driver's side under the A/C, you can see the clear tube coming down inside the wall between the cabin and the shower. Mine comes out  of the underside of the floor in front of the axle, on the inside of the I beam frame. 

I know where to find mine, but it never has anything dripping. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    Verna said:

I know where to find mine, but it never has anything dripping. :)
    Then we'll just have to "assume" that some of us " get it" and some don't ;). One of those things that it works, we just can't explain why !
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Verna - Nope, can't see mine other than behind the mirror, it's on the other side of the 2x4, internal to the wall, not in the cavity where the shower plumbing is that you can see under the seat or by taking the wall panel off.
  • Options
    I can see mine just by taking the seat and plywood off. The wall is about 3" or so above the floor and the tubing is visible, along with the various wires going to the Alde control panel, 12V A/C fan switch and TV.  I'll post a picture from my iPhone as soon as I resize it.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    OK, can you see the wheel well?  Go to the left, look at the opening in the wall nearest the outside wall.  In the middle of the black wires, there is the clear tube, the A/C drain tube. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Not there on mine Verna - had the seat off, took the wall panel that allows shower plumbing access off and finally took the mirror off. It goes straight down inside that enclosed wall.
  • Options
    So, apparently it doesn't matter whether the A/C is mounted up high on the wall or down on the floor (two different brands I understand) some just don't produce visible condensation.  I keep trying to tell you the gremlins are drinking it.  Now there's a humorous mind picture; an AMC Gremlin towing a T@B.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    I sure can't find any - I was worried that it might be draining somewhere else so looked everywhere - obviously couldn't look down to the bottom of the enclosed space behind the mirror but presume it would leak out below the wall either under the seat or into the living area - but since the tray was just dust, there's nothing anywhere. The gremlins have to be drinking mine.
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited August 2015
    Bottom line, based on everybody's collective experience, as long as you are level, the condensate evaporates off with the ability to drain out that clear/tube behind the axle, drivers side if need be (but rarely seen). If not level, the water will accumulate in the pan and once it reaches overflow level from the pan, it will drip into the cabin onto the bench cushions (been there myself). Once leveled again, the pan water rushes to drain out of the line previosly described. Fair assessment?

Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Sounds reasonable but wondering if there's a humidity factor to account for. Not humid and level, evaporates off. If humid, more condensation to leak or drain off.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PXLated said:
    Sounds reasonable but wondering if there's a humidity factor to account for. Not humid and level, evaporates off. If humid, more condensation to leak or drain off.

Well, I have not seen any drippage in high humidity, when my whole house unit was was putting out condensation through the drip pan...

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yep, that seems to be the one mystery still not fully addressed. What exactly is the combination of tilt/humidity/elevation/barometric
    pressure/AC level and speed, that results in dripping from the drain tube to the ground, while the AC is on.  Personally, i am good as long as it is not dripping on my bedding, and if it is, I see it gush out the tube if I re-level. :)
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    Yep, maybe we should just leave it where it is - Here's where your drain tube is/goes. If you're level, all should be well. You may or may not get any condensation/drainage.
  • Options
    LARKLARK Member Posts: 146
    I feel this has been over analyzed! KISS protocol initiated.
    M@rk and Donn@ : 2015 T@B S Max, Silver/Black, 2008 Toyota Beef Taco DC
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    LARK said:
    I feel this has been over analyzed! KISS protocol initiated.
    Yup....;)  But we can still have some fun with it
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335
    RollingLagrima: as one other poster mentioned, check the position of the thermocouple. Mine was never used on propane before I bought it (used), but when I tried it I found the pilot light just wouldn't stay lit. Thinking the thermocouple was most likely the problem, I bought & installed a new one --installing it EXACTLY as the original one was-- but it still wouldn't stay lit.

Took it to an expert then; they found the thermocouple was fine, just "not fully seated" into its socket. No problems since then, and I suspect that was the issue all along.
  • Options
    irvingj said:
    RollingLagrima: as one other poster mentioned, check the position of the thermocouple. Mine was never used on propane before I bought it (used), but when I tried it I found the pilot light just wouldn't stay lit. Thinking the thermocouple was most likely the problem, I bought & installed a new one --installing it EXACTLY as the original one was-- but it still wouldn't stay lit.

Took it to an expert then; they found the thermocouple was fine, just "not fully seated" into its socket. No problems since then, and I suspect that was the issue all along.
    You didn't happen to take a picture of said thermocouple did you?  All i know is that it is under the stovetop...
  • Options
    PXLated said:

One anomaly is the drain tube attached to the pan is clear weezbo(sp) - the tube underneith the frame is black...

PXLated, I was just reading this thread again when I ran across this comment.  It occurred to me that the tube itself may be clear (all one piece, in fact) but that it appears black underneath because of the undercoating.  All the drains under my 2013 (except the fresh water tank) are white PVC that have been painted black by the undercoating.

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Could be - I'll have to take another look.
  • Options
    irvingjirvingj Member Posts: 335

RollingLagrima, yes I did take a pic, though it was so long ago my memory's not real clear…  In the first pic, you can see the refrigerator burner access door off, just to the left of the fridge. Second pic is the burner box itself. Sorry, no other pics of the inside of the box.  IIRC, the fridge had to be slid/pulled out a ways to really get at the thermocouple. You can see by the pic that this was done six years ago.  Wish I had taken a pic of the replacement thermocouple!

Hope this helps.

• Options
    Thanks Irvingj.