Options

Where does it go? Why don't we see water draining from the T@b a/c hose?

13»

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    I have never had a problem seeing condensation drip from my CoolCat. Of course most of my usage is in the deep Southeast where 90 - 100% humidity is the norm.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    boo said:
    When I picked up our 2016 T@B Max S from the dealer I ask about water from the air conditioner.
    The tech. told me on this model there is a drain tube that carries the excess water to the gray tank.
    I would be surprised if that were the case. I cannot see any real value from that. I can't help but wonder if you looked under the driver side, you would also see the tube.

I think some of us with the tube have just never actually seen any type of evidence that it is draining/dripping.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    ST Bob, yes there is a drain on the T@B A/C's. The drain hose goes down the bathroom wall and is visible as it goes through the floor under the driver's side bench or behind the bathroom mirror. (Don't take the mirror off unless you are prepared to re-waterproof so water does not get behind the mirror.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    @Vernais correct. And if your T@b isn't level that nice puddle drips into your T@b.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
      Have one of those portable AC at home, that you can take from window to window and vent outside, it runs allot in the summer, when i take it out in fall, i pull the little plug in back and only a drop or two comes out. Think that's how its ment to work. Evaporating coils, i expect. Maybe.
  • Options
    TaB2goTaB2go Member Posts: 57
      Cool. Never know how far we all can sling " stuff ", when we get thing started. Ha! ;)
  • Options
    ST_Bob said:
    More like "water slinging fan".  Most don't have that drain plug and the ones that do are meant only for draining when storing for the cooler months.  The overall cooling efficiency is greatly improved by slinging the condensate water through the condenser coils.

In a hot, humid environment, the water collects, believe me. Like I said earlier, if you are not level, it drains right into the T@b.

• Options
    Trooper702Trooper702 Member Posts: 1
    I am experiencing the opposite problem. I have a lot of condensation coming out of the drain. I learned the hard way the the camper needs to be level for condensation to drain properly, but after reading the posts on the forum stating that condensation is rarely seen, I'm wondering if I have a bigger problem. The unit seems to be cooling fine and water dripping under A/C cabinet  stopped since leveling. Thoughts?
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2019
    I was level according to the bubble thingamajig last weekend and despite that, water collected more near the rear of the drip pan instead of draining out the tube.  After several years the bottom of the pan was no longer watertight, and it piddled on DW during the night.

Some A/C drain tubes can get gunked up, and just to make sure that wasn't the case I ran some bleach water down ours and blew it out with a compressor.  But it's a fairly wide vertical tube so that's probably not your issue, and it wasn't ours. Just filling the pan with water duplicated the drip under the A/C cabinet (we also have a block of R50 foam under the cabinet since that surface is pretty hot).

We recaulked the pan all the way around with marine sealant/adhesive and that fixed the problem.  But instead of caulking, if your tube isn't plugged, just try going a bit nose down to see if it drips out the tube like it should.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max