Black tank flush with no water

jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
Hello, we are waiting on our tab400 to be built. Rookie question - what do you do if you flush your black tank at at a site that doesn't have water to rinse? 
2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI

Comments

• YanniLazarusYanniLazarus Member Posts: 343
    Not a bad question at all!   If I can "afford" to just flush a gallon or so of fresh water from my tank I'll do that. More often, if a spigot is available anywhere near by I'll dump water down the toilet with a bucket. I'm likely to do this rinse twice to make sure all clean. And I'll do a more serious rinse next time water is convenient. 
    Yanni Lazarus 2020 T@B320S, 2018 RAV4 Adventure, Central CT
  • qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    Black tanks did not always have a rinse feature, and somehow folks muddled through. If it were me I would drain and put a gallon of water of my Happy Camper mix into the tank, then add some more water thru the toilet valve and drive to next camp allow the agitation to do some cleaning. When I got to my next site I would dump the tank and see if I could rinse further there. I do hear that some will use their fresh water hookup at the campsite and connect a hose to the black tank to rinse, but I don't think that is a good idea since your black tank hose is usually connected to non potable water at dump stations and I don't like the idea of possible contamination of the fresh water spigot. Best of luck with the new T@B and ask lots of questions. We all are on a learning curve.

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    edited November 2021
    @jgpell14, there is no black tank flush in our 2017 t@b (320) and there is a black tank. When no water is available to rinse the tank, though manually, we tap into our carried water supply. That is, we ALWAYS  have extra water with us and after draining the black tank, we add several gallons from our extra supply by pouring it into the toilet, and drain again, however, if you are getting a 2022 t@b 400, won't it have a cassette toilet?  Or am I misinformed?
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @dragonsdofly - only the 320s have the cassette.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited November 2021
    Yes, the TaB400s still have a regular RV toilet and black tank.  Whilst I like the idea of the cassette toilet, which is convenient if you camp near a place to dump the cassette, the black tank setup offers longer camping days between  dumping.  That said, one could carry an extra toilet cassette to increase your range/dumping cycle.

Using the black tank flush makes cleaning the tank fairly easy, and Happy Camper tank additive is your friend.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    Thanks, all. Completely understand now. All good.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jgpell14jgpell14 Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for your feedback folks! This was very helpful.
    2022 TAB 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport / 2023 Land Rover Defender / Cumberland, RI
  • Deb55Deb55 Member Posts: 293
    If you flush 1/2 a bag or so of ice down the toilet before driving, it will help scour out your black tank. There's very little water to drain out afterwards. Then you can add your tank treatment along with a gallon of water.