Options

Nautilus 2.5 flow diagram - 2021 320s

After tenting for many a years, we spent our first summer traveling our home province of Ontario with our new 2021 Tab 320s boondock. We just love this trailer, the perfect size for the 2 of us. Being the type that needs to understand how things work, I did my best attempt to document the Nautilus water system. I have attached a 3 page PDF. If anyone finds useful, willing to update with suggestions/corrections.
2021 TAB320S Boondock
2021 Ridgeline

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Excellent!  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited December 2021
    Nice! As time permits we'll move this (and some of the other recently submitted diagrams of the P3 version) to the Resources library.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,642
    These are so nice.....one question: why is there a check valve at the city water connection and one at the pump?
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    The check valve at the pump prevents water from being forced into the FW tank when connected to city water. The check valve at the city water connection prevents water from being ejected when running the pump. Both valves also prevent siphoning of water back into the FW tank/city water supply in the event that pressure is lost.

At least that is how it works in the pre-Nautilus systems. I assume it's the same idea with the Nautilus.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RickmasRickmas Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for posting these they are most helpful. The Nautilus manual says that to blow out the system the valves should be set at 45 degrees, not horizontally. Do you know if setting them at 45 degrees partially opens them to all the pipes so air can flow into all parts of the water system? You show them in the horizontal position and it seems to me that doing so would miss part of the system. Thanks!
  • Options
    Set the valves to 45 to blow out the Nautilus harness (area behind the Nautilus panel), then set the “Winterize” to blow out the lines.
  • Options
    K_C_915K_C_915 Member Posts: 34
    @brianb
    Thanks for doing this. I started to draw up how the Nautilus is connected to trouble shoot a pump problem. I then was going to include the entire trailer, but this saves me quite a bit of time.
    I forgot about the Alde bypass being part of the Nautilus.  Now I can figure out what it does.
    Kirk
    2021 T@b 320 S Boondock
    2020 F150 2.7l V6 Turbo
    Tucson, Arizona
  • Options
    brianbbrianb Member Posts: 8
    After reading comments, I have updated the winterizing section of my Nautilus 2.5 diagram with a note on first setting the valves to 45 to blow out the Nautilus etc....

As a first time trailer owner, having a clear picture of what's happening when I flip to the different positions was important for my understanding.
    2021 TAB320S Boondock
    2021 Ridgeline
  • Options
    Thanks @BrianB.  I updated this version in the Plumbing Resources under Owners Manuals category.
  • Options
    scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    Thank you @BrianB.  The diagrams are a great reference tool to help understand what is happening behind the scenes.
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    K_C_915 said:
    @brianb
    Thanks for doing this. I started to draw up how the Nautilus is connected to trouble shoot a pump problem. I then was going to include the entire trailer, but this saves me quite a bit of time.
    I forgot about the Alde bypass being part of the Nautilus.  Now I can figure out what it does.
    Kirk
    Kirk, the Alde Bypass is only part of the Nautilus panel used on the TaB400, the 320 has a separate bypass valve on the left side of the Nautilus panel.  Not sure about the 2022 TaB320’s bypass valve location, nüCamp keeps changing things around, like the low point drains on the newer TaBs.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Denny16 said:
    Kirk, the Alde Bypass is only part of the Nautilus panel used on the TaB400, the 320 has a separate bypass valve on the left side of the Nautilus panel.  Not sure about the 2022 TaB320’s bypass valve location, nüCamp keeps changing things around, like the low point drains on the newer TaBs.
    cheers
    On our 2022 T@B 320S, the Alde Bypass valve is located inside the Nautilus panel and the low point drains are located outside of the Nautilus panel.

Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Options
    @scott14 is the Alde Bypass valve on the left side of the Nautilus panel or on the panel, as the TaB400 is?  Thanks for your input.
    cheers

• Options
    @Denny16 the Alde Bypass valve is located inside the Nautilus compartment, but on the left side.  It is not in the actual Nautilus panel.
  • Options
    Thanks, that is how the previous models were setup.  Thanks for confirming the Bypass location.
    cheers
  • Options
    brianbbrianb Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone

I have attached updated version of my "Nautilus 2.5 flow diagram" for our 2021 320s.
    Main change (for clarity), broke out into 2 diagrams the filling of the water tank.  Filling via water container or pressurized water.

2021 TAB320S Boondock
    2021 Ridgeline
  • Options
    elbolilloelbolillo Member Posts: 289
    brianb said:
    Hi everyone

I have attached updated version of my "Nautilus 2.5 flow diagram" for our 2021 320s.
    Main change (for clarity), broke out into 2 diagrams the filling of the water tank.  Filling via water container or pressurized water.

Very nice resource you put together. Very helpful. On a trip we took in December of last year we had to go completely drained and dry due to extreme cold at our home location. Once we got to our destination in Big Bend in Texas. While I was filling up the fresh water tank with my jerry cans I got an air bubble in the system and the pump stopped sucking in water. This diagram would have been helpful to me to visualize and understand the system. Thankfully I did find a video on YouTube that explained how to disconnect the interior line offer the pump and I was able to suck the air bubble out and get water pressure established in the system. Since then I have come up with a good system for filling the fresh water tank and haven’t run into this problem.