All new 2022 models include an inline water pressure regulator

Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
edited December 2021 in Factory Comments
I couldn't find it anywhere in any of the documents I was given when I purchased my new 2022 TAB320S Boondock so here is the response I got from Nucamp when I asked them...I haven't seen where it is located yet as I sadly had to cover it for the winter before even using it

Thanks for reaching out to us. First off, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the nuCamp family! Yes, all of the 2022 units will have an inline pressure regulator installed from the factory. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please reach out.
Have a great day!
2022 T@B 320S Boondock
2021 Toyota RAV4 TRD Off Road
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Instagram: new.t@bventure

Comments

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Maple_Geek said:
    . . . response I got from Nucamp when I asked them

Thanks for reaching out to us. First off, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the nuCamp family! Yes, all of the 2022 units will have an inline pressure regulator installed from the factory. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please reach out.
    Now I might be getting too picky here.

I find the nüCamp response confusing as they say "all of the 2022 units will have"
    They did not say ' Your 2022 model year has'
    So the response could mean ' all the 2022 build year units' which will mainly be 2023 model year.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • scott14scott14 Member Posts: 132
    @Maple_Geek, Thank you for the post.  I am also a new 320S owner and would like to know where the factory installed inline pressure regulator is located.  I hope someone can provide a location.!
    Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
    As a follow-up, I went out to the garage and looked for the regular myself.  I think I have it located.  It is on the City Water connection side of the Nautilus panel.  See the picture below.  The right side of the photo would be the back side of the Nautilus panel and driver's side of the camper.  The thing that seems strange is I think it says 80 psi on the regular.  The value seems high to me. 

Scott / 2022 T@B 320S / 2019 T@B 400 / 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ / Northern Illinois
  • Maple_GeekMaple_Geek Member Posts: 203
    Thanks for your responses. 

@MuttonChops I agree that the language used in the email was ambiguous. I sent Nucamp a reply to clarify and will share here when they do.

@scott14 thank you for this. My camper is stored now but will look for it and the PSI in the spring when I take it out. 
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2021
    Nucamp got back to me on this:

Yes, your 2022 should have one. I have provided a highlighted photo and it should be located behind the Nautilus panel on the inside of the unit. 

The picture they sent me shows the same part as highlighted by @scott14
    I will have to double check in the spring when I take it out of storage.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,605
    On the FB page there seemed to be some confusion about this in the last couple of weeks.  It may be like some of the other "new" Tab features:  some trailers of the same year may not have the same feature, but as the model year goes on, all trailers will have it.  We also need to figure out what happens when: a new owner who, with all proper intentions, reads about the need to use a pressure regulator on a trailer that already has one of these installed.  What happens to the water pressure in that case? 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    edited December 2021
    The water pressure will only change, if the external regulator is set for a lower pressure.  A pressure regulator works typically with a spring, set to allow water flow out at the set pressure, if the incoming water pressure is less, no change in pressure is made.  

For example, a 45PSI regulator will reduce a 50psi source to flow out at 45psi but restricting the water flow.  But if the incoming pressure is 40psi into a 45psi regulator, than the water pressure will pass through at 40psi, and the regulator does not change the flow.  

If the new TaB water regulator is set to 50-55 psi, and you add a 45psi external regulator, the trailer max water pressure will be 45psi, and the built in 50/55psi regulator just passes the reduced flow through.  
    Hope my simplified explanation  helps.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
    Our trailer has a November 2021 build date.
    @Denny16 thanks for the regulator description. 
    2017 Outback
  • TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 283
    I'm surprised they built one in.  The external ones can and do often wear out, so I would suspect the internal ones might too?  Time will tell - we'll see if there are any reports of low pressure in a year or more that start popping up..
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    It looks like an easily removable component. Probably not too hard to get a replacement, or to just take it out and go with an external version if necessary.
    2015 T@B S
  • stephengstepheng Member Posts: 109
    I was just at the T@B rally in Terlingua.  Marvin was there from NuCamp and we discussed as I had a small leak develop and he took a look at it.  The installed regulator is not the right one on my 2022.  It's an 80 PSI regulator and was supposed to be 45.  Seems the manufacturer sent the wrong parts to NuCamp at some point.  I've always used an external regulator an will continue to do so. I'm also removing the internal regulator and replacing with a simple in-line check valve.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • techietabtechietab Member Posts: 159
    My 2022 320 S definitely does not have a built in water pressure regulator, but it's also probably one of the earlier deliveries for that model year.
    Northern VA
    2022 T@b 320 S / 2021 Subaru Outback
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    @techietab - if I am not mistaken, I believe they stopped installing the built in water pressure regulators some time during the 2022 model year production.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • TabmanicTabmanic Member Posts: 36
    My 2023 400 does not have one.
  • Flybone89Flybone89 Member Posts: 59
    I have a 2022 320 S and do not have one either - they actually gave me at delivery in my package of goodies from nuCamp a Camco plastic regulator because they said there was no regulator installed. So can confirm not all 2022's have them - at least not my Jan-2022 build :-)

Kevin
  • RTWCTSRTWCTS Member Posts: 102
    Tabmanic said:
    My 2023 400 does not have one.

It was a short lived modification. I believe it was problematic and discontinued. Use an external one.
    2023 TAB 400 Boondock
    2018 T@B 320 Sold
    Racing the Wind and Chasing the Sun
    @stepheng This might be the answer to why they were discontinued.  An 85 psi regulator could be a real issue.  There was speculation on why they were installed on some trailers and not others: pandemic supply issues, etc.  Maybe the supplier just sent the wrong ones to NuCamp, and they didn't notice.
    2017 Outback
    @Flybone89 Is there a check valve in place of the pressure regulator shown in the picture above from @scott14?
    I removed the pressure regulator but did not install a check valve and the pump does not work correctly - seems to be getting air from the city water connection.  I actually would have expected it to shoot water out the hose connection unless there is a some kind of check valve in the Nautilus connection.  I have ordered a 1/2" inline spring check valve that should arrive today and will install in place of the pressure regulator.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    The pump should not be needed if connected to city water. Sounds like the pump is trying to get water from an empty fresh water tank....hence why you're getting air.
    2022 T@B 320S Boondock
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • kottumkottum Member Posts: 226
    Our 320s was built Feb 2022 and we got the Camco plastic external regulator in the goodie bag.  I purchased a brass external regulator instead.
    Douglas and Cheryl both Navy Retired
    2022 Tab 320s Boondock/2021 Honda Ridgeline BE
    Minnesota and Arizona
    edited March 2023
    Not sure what happened with pump getting air yesterday maybe lost it’s prime. City water was disconnected and wanted to verify all worked with regulator removed while in dry camp mode. I did review the Nautilus info and there is a check valve on the city water inlet so I didn’t need to install another check valve. Tested again today and all works fine. Here is the connection after removing the regulator. 

I also added some auto heater hose on the alde piping and the electrical conduit as they were vibrating on the plywood when the pump was running. much quieter now. 

2022 T@B 320S Boondock
  • rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 909
    Our 2023 CS-S came with the blue plastic Camco regulator in the box of accessories.  I'll probably continue to use the brass unit I've used for years...

• mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    When I was at NuCamp I asked them about the built-in pressure regulator. They said they tried for a short period of time to use a built-in regulator but discontinued it due to it interfering with the winterizing process. 
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN
    This is an interesting comment.  I have a 2022 320 S that included a built-in pressure regulator.  I use an external one, however, should the built-in one be removed as some have done to eliminate potential winterizing issues?
    @scott14 No idea what the "potential winterizing issue" is with the regulator, so this is impossible to figure.
    2017 Outback
  • BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 261
    May have interfered with the siphoning process.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX