Options

Anyone have experience with Bob Scott RV's?

Our Alde worked perfectly until the fluid was changed and now we have problems. We have been troubleshooting it ourselves but cannot get the heater to work properly. 
Now we are looking into taking it to a dealer for repair. Our local Albuquerque dealer is not knowledgeable and we have had a bad experience with them so we are looking at repair service in other states. 
I was researching this morning and found Bob Scott RV in Grand Junction, CO.. The reviews for general service look good but I would like to find someone who has had them work on the Alde specifically or even repair or service on a T@b. 
Does anyone have personal experience with this dealership? 
We appreciate your help!
Mary 

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Can't answer specifically about Bob Scott RV @xdr, but here is a link to Alde service locations in the US. Hope this helps.

Find service location | Alde US

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    We brought our 2015 T@B, with a non-functioning Alde, to Bob Scott RV in Grand Junction in early October while on an extended trip.   They accommodated us in their schedule which we appreciated.   Their diagnosis, which was later confirmed by the Thuma/Alde facility in Elkhart, Indiana, was that our circuit board needed to be replaced.   Bob Scott did not have a new circuit board on hand, which is not surprising, and said it would be at least a couple of weeks before they could get one.   We opted to continue with our trip and have the Alde repaired in Elkhart after we arrived back home.   Based on Scott's willingness to fit us in their schedule and the reasonable diagnostic fee, I would give them a thumbs up.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    ColoradoSunColoradoSun Member Posts: 134
    We haven't had any Alde work done on our 2021 T@B 400 at Bob Scott's in Grand Junction (we bought ours from a dealer in Poncha Springs CO). We have friends who purchased a different brand camp trailer from Bob Scott and they've generally please with their service but it does not have an Alde system. We're just an hour away from Grand Junction so I'd be very interested in hearing of people's experience with their service work on the Alde. Next year we'll be looking to change the fluid in ours.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2020 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
    SW Colorado
  • Options
    BinghiBinghi Member Posts: 268
    It might be too long a drive, but our Austin, TX area dealer seems decent. After I mistakenly (don’t ask) drained a bunch of glycol from the Alde system in our 2021 BD, they refilled the system and bled out the air. It works fine. They knew to use the Rhogard glycol. The dealer is Princess Craft out of Round Rock, TX.
    2021 400 BD / 2016 VW Touareg / Austin, TX
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Thanks for the input. I think I will give Bob Scott RV a call and see if they have time for our camper and if they feel comfortable trouble shooting the Alde. 

@Binghi- We actually bought our camper from Princess Craft and would love to take it back there for work but it is such a drive! We were hoping to find something in the 7 hr or less driving range. 
    mary
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited January 2022
    @xdr what exactly is not working properly? Who did the fluid change?
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    We had it changed by the Truma techs at uCamp 2021. It had worked perfectly until then and it has never worked since. 
    It turns on but if we get heat it only goes to the bathroom register and a tiny bit at the head of the bed. 
    We have tried multiple times to bleed the lines. Not sure what else to try. 
    Mary 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited January 2022
    @xdr, those symptoms do sound like trapped air in the glycol filled convector loop. This seems like it might be a bigger problem in 400s than in 320s as the 400s have a longer loop with more places and components for air to get trapped.

What exactly have you tried thus far to bleed the lines? 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    We opened the panel for each of the bleed nozzles - one under the sink, one behind the passenger side seat at the dinette, and one in the shower. 
    We raised the tongue and bled each, we lowered them and bled them. We never saw air bubbles in the line. 
    It has been since Sept so we may have fiddled with other things but I really don't remember. We have wanted to get back out and try it while it is cold this winter but we haven't had the opportunity. 

Any suggestions? 
    mary
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    You should probably manually turn up the speed to 5 on the Alde glycol pump when you are attempting to bleed air from the convectors.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited January 2022
    Agree with Sharon.  This exact same thing happened to me after a glycol change and I did what she suggests and it fixed it immediately. I didn't even need to bleed the convetors. The air easily just came out at the refill tank.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    @T@Balong
    There's a very good chance that your circuit board only needed a new thermal fuse.  It's a poor design, i'm currently replacing my 3rd one.   If it happens again check out this discussion:  https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/4197/found-a-fix-for-no-alde-heat-when-all-fuses-are-good#latest

2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    We will try it again with the speed turned up and will let you know if it worked. Thank you for the suggestions!
    Mary