Options

Does This Look Like Water/Floor Damage?

I am supposed to travel over 200 miles tomorrow to look at a 2018 Boondock and this looks like water leak and damage to me.  What do you think?  It appears as if there was door leak with discoloration to the birch and floor.  Unless thre si a reflecion on the wood.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not seeing what you mean.  I see only wood grain. 
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Not necessarily water damage to the floor.  If this trailer was built between Nov. 2017 and Jan 2018, it could be a sub floor,issue nüCamp addressed with a factory recall.  The subfloor on these modes was Greencore instead of a top layer of Azdel.  The Greencore did not adhere to the vinyl very well,and some buckling occurred.  This trailer may be last the time limit for a warranty repair, and I would check the date it was made before committing to buying it.  Since there is no wood in the floor, it is not going to fail, just a cosmetic issue withnthe vinyl floor.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    According to the "sticker," is was mfg 8/2017.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    I would ask for more photos of that area.  I don’t see any wood discoloration.  I see rippled vinyl.  Ask the seller about water intrusion at the door.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Passport, then you do not have the Greencore recall issue (Nov 2017 to Jan 2018), the uneven vinyl may be due to water lifting some glue.  Still underlayment below the vinyl is Azdel composite layer on top of foam and Greencore bottom panel, no wood to rot.  Any water damage is superficial and can be fixed.  

That build date TaB400 is a mid production 2018 trailer, and will have the older Alde 3010 (the 3020 was added in Dec 2017 or Jan 2018, and later builds included the Flo tank to increase hot water flow rate.
    Cheers 
  • Options
    Looks like a 320.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Yes, it looks like a 320 Boondock (from the front galley shot provided above) to me also.  The 2018 TaB400 (Boondock model released in 2019) has a woven light colored Infinity floor cover instead of vinyl flooring.  Both were built on a composite sub floor assembly using the same materials, from what nüCamp told me.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    They did a video of the unit and specifically videoed the floor just inside the door and amazingly, no defects were seen.  However, it appeared to have a carpet vs  vinyl flooring.  Here is the youtube video if you like to watch.  https://youtu.be/hbRexCuk_Ss
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Passport, OK, just as I thought, the first photo you were sent looks like it may have been a Marmoleum floor which was included on some Boondock models.  The video you just posted shows a 2018 320 Boondock (formerly the Outback) and it does not have the dark vinyl floor previously used on the 2017 Outback (in 2018 year model, the Outback became a Boondock 320).  The video shows the woven Infinity flooring that came with the 2018 TaB400s, not sure if this was an option for the 320 Boondock which normally has a Marmoleum floor (first photo showed dark Marmoleum flooring used in the 2018 TaB320 Boondock)  The Infinity flooring is a very good waterproof, stain proof, slightly padded flooring that is used in high end boats and yachts as a deck covering.  I personally prefer this flooring overly linoleum or vinyl flooring.  It also has a nice feel walking on it barefoot or in socks (no shoes).

The TaB looks good to me, almost a brand new looking trailer, good luck and happy camping…
    cheers
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited March 2022
    @denny16 The 320 Boondock for 2018, & 320 Boondock Edge for 2019 (not Lite) did in fact have dark grey flooring. To be specific, it was Marmoleum, a higher quality floor than the vinyl. I know, I wanted it in the worst way and it’s the main regret I have in going with the BD Lite instead. At NO point during those years was Infinity flooring even a listed option for a 320. The flooring in the first pic was the correct flooring color for that year and model.

If that is Infinity flooring on a 320 of that era, I’m willing to bet the floor was replaced at some point. I’d be asking why the picture doesn’t match the current floor in the video.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    I don’t think that the 320s ever had that heavy, duty, woven vinyl flooring like the 400 did.  I also noticed a large floor stain just to the left of the middle of the bathroom door.  I wonder if it was one of the TaBs with some soft floor spots that they refloored?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    OK everyone thanks for the additional info.  I know the Marmoleum floor was on the Boondock Edge model, which came out in 2019 year model.  The video does not show a Boondock Edge Light, so I figured nüCamp used the Infinity floor on this initial 2018 Boondock model, as this flooring was being used on the 400.  Sorry for the confusion, I edited my post.  

The TaB320 shown in the video  looks like the re-badged Outback when it’s name was changed to Boondock,  but still has the Outback graphic carried over from the Outback, so not a Lite or Edge, (which were offered starting in 2019 year model according to a PrincessCraft RV video of the TaB history).  So it looks like Boondock Edge/Lite models with the new graphics were released starting with the 2019 year model.  This gets very confusing very fast.

Here is a link to the PrincessCraft RV video: https://www.princesscraft.com/product/new-2019-nucamp-t%40b-320-s-boondock-edge-920441-102

Passport posted the TaB320 was, “According to the "sticker," is was mfg 8/2017” 
    So it did not fall into the factory floor recall which started with units built in Nov, 2017 to Jan 2018, so the Infinity floor was either a factory installed option or special order, or something else is going on we are not aware of.  I saw the stain, looks like a spill that was not clean up, it is very hard to stain the Infinity flooring.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited March 2022
    Denny16 said:
    The TaB320 shown in the video looks like a re-badged Outback as it has the Outback graphic, so not a Lite or Edge, which were offered starting in 2019 year model?
    So, here’s what you’re missing, from my research and from viewing many actual Tab 320 units during this period while I was shopping for one. My understanding is the Outback was rebranded due to a trademark issue with another RV manufacturer. As they transitioned away from the model name, the name disappeared first, the kangaroo/Australia Outback logo didn’t disappear immediately. So there are Boondock models produced during that time that don’t show the Boondock name and do have the orange Outback logo. I’ve even seen them with “Boondock Edition” below, in the same black script as the complete Outback logo. It is also certainly possible that this is somehow actually an Outback, but assuming the manufacturing date is correct, I suspect it was a Boondock built during the branding changeover.

In 2018, there were no Lite or Edge models. You had regular, Boondock, or Sofitel. The regular models had the vinyl faux wood floor, Boondocks had the grey Marmoleum, Sofitels had dark brown with lighter brown stripes. In 2019 (and possibly 2020), the 320 Boondock Lite & Boondock Edge were introduced. There are several differences between the two, but one big one is the Lite has the same faux wood look vinyl as the regular model, while the Edge got the dark grey Marmoleum.

The 2021 and since appear to have gotten rid of the Lite & Edge, going back to just “Boondock”.

While special orders were a more common thing back then, I have never seen a 320 with the flooring of a 400. And again, the first pic Passport posted was a definite Boondock grey floor, while the video obviously isn’t the same floor. Unless the dealer is trying to pull a fast one and provided an still image from a different trailer, something has changed since the first pic was taken. 
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @VictoriaP Yes, I agree, and this is what I think.  So, in 2018 year model (built beginning in April 2017) the former TaB Outback, became the TaB320 Boondock, but retained the original Outback logo, hence my comment about being rebranded.  In 2019 the TaB320 Boondock Lite and Edge were introduced and later (2020/2021?) it became just the TaB320 Boondock, dropping the Lite and Edge models, which were rolled into the new Boondock, Solar became standard on the Boondock trailers, instead of an option.  Additional changes included a AC/DC fridge, replacing the 3-way fridge.

As for the floor options, it may have been possible to custom order the Infinity flooring in a 2018 model, but it was not the normal included flooring.  The TaB320  shown in the video was definitely a 2018 320 Boondock, and it has the Infinity floor.  During the 2018/2019 year model builds, a customer could order some custom changes, and pick different options, now unavailable.  Our TaB400 was built in Jan 2018, and had factory installed solar on the roof and a SAE plug installed.  Also the washroom sink was omitted (the trailer didn’t have one installed and is missing the plumbing that supported the sink).  So custom work was available at that time.  

Thanks again Victoria and Sharon for helping me figure this out, and confirming the differences in the TaB320 line.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Passport, are you working with a dealer in Alvarado (Holiday World)?  If so, I think they had two 2018 TaB3320 Outback’s, or they got their interior photos mixed up.  The dark floor shot in your first photo is shown in this ad: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2018-Nucamp-Tab-Boondock-320S-5017865009
    The outside looks like this trailer, but the video shows a different interior shots with what appears to be a custom Infinity floor, not normally used on the TaB 320 models.  
    Sometimes dealers use stock photos and not photos from the actual trailer being sold, which would explain the discrepancy.
    Cheers 
  • Options
    I looked for the difference myself hand I followed the photos closely.  There was a difference!  Sometimes a stock photos used.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Well the price was $25,000 out the door on this Boondock but I found a new 2022 model Boondock for a few thousand more so the newer one is the one I opted for.  It has the warranty of course and the built in water pressure regulator, split beds, 12v/110v refrig w/freezer, the cassette toilet which the wife didn't want but overall, I think we'll be happier with a new Tab.  Thank you for all your replies!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your find!  Be sure to confirm your unit has the built in pressure regulator.  There is recent talk that NuCamp discontinued installing the inline pressure regulator (has not been verified). I still need to double check on mine but had a blizzard over the weekend and I haven't made it out there to check.  
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thank you!  We were going to pick it up this week but the dealer called and said it was shipped with no screen door.  He said they were expediting the door and it looks like next week.  tHat will be better for us since the weather will be warmer and no medical appointments so we can return home in a leisurely fashion!
  • Options
    Grand, and you also get the new one piece integrated composite floor, which is the main advantage of a 2022, plus the new power converter that will support a lithium battery setup.  You might consider having a 100-AmpHr lithium installed by the dealer instead of the wet cell battery.  This TaB has a AV/DC fridge, so the lithium battery is a better pairing to support the new fridge.  You will not have to worry about not having enough power on a 3-4 day trip.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    Thanks Denny16 for the tip about the lithium battery, I'll check with the dealer and see if he has one and what the additional cost would be!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The lithium battery is 100 Amp group 27 and is $1100.00. I've looked on Amazon and one can buy the similar 110 Amp/Gp 27 battery for a lot less around 1/3 the cost.  So I just remove the old battery and replace it with a lithium battery just as in a car? 

• Options
    Yes, you could just remove the dealer supplied battery in the front tub and replace it with the lithium, and then switch the trailer’s power converter from wet cell to lithium.  There have been several posts here showing the switch location on the power converter.  
    Cheers