Options

New 2022 Battery drain

Got my new T@B last week with nothing running and its now beeping and showing low battery. Frig is off and nothing else turned on. Just flipped the lights on for a minute and played the radio for a few. It was charging all day at the dealership, drove 3 hours and left the battery connected as its got solar and was in a half sun spot. It is the AGM type. Today I went to put some stuff in and ran into this issue. Any thoughts?
2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
North Georgia

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited April 2022
    Turn the battery switch off, wait about 30 min. and test the battery with a meter.  You should get 12.5 to 13 VDC reading on a good charged battery.  Since you have solar, you should have a Victron MPPT solar controller, download the Victron smart phone app. and check to see that the solar panel is turned on and working.  Next you will need to setup the controller for ykur specific battery type (AGM) and size.  Do a search here on Victron MPPT Controller setup to get the previous detailed discussion on how to setup the Victron app and your solar setup.

Also, Check to see if you have an inverter installed, if so, make sure it is turned off.

Sounds like you may not have had a fully charged battery, or it is defective.  How many amp. hours is the AGM battery?  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,659
    edited April 2022
    Two things in a 320 can beep (I think).
    The Gas Monitor.
    The Smoke Alarm.
    If the trailer reaches a certain "low battery status", the Gas Alarm will beep.
    The Smoke Alarm has a 9V battery, like most home alarms.  If that battery is failing...beep!
    This confuses owners all the time, since the two alarms are very close to each other in a very small space.  So, have a good look: the gas alarm can "beep" and will flash different lights to show an alarm status.
    To add a bit more: the gas alarms over the last year or so have been pretty dang sensitive to the "outgassing" of the new trailers.  Something seems to have changed in this regard.  So, your trailer battery might be perfectly fine, the smoke alarm battery, too.  But the Gas alarm is reacting to something in the trailer.
    This thread has some info on "outgassing" alarms.
    This is a page from an "older" Atwood alarm that explains what the beeps and lights might mean.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    CCCCCC Member Posts: 116
    I called the tech people. my battery reading is low at the control panel, the Aide System reads reads "Red Connection Fail" and the gas alarm is beeping due to the low battery. I just don't understand how the battery got so low so quickly.
    2022 T@B 320 S Boondock  "UGA", Jeep Gladiator Overland
    North Georgia
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,493
    edited April 2022
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13407/amps-draw-detail (Scroll down to jkjenn’s comments). Parasitic drain can take down a partially charged battery very quickly, and I doubt the dealer actually fully charged the battery…a depleted AGM can take more than a day to reach that point.

A number of items on the trailer have parasitic draw even when theoretically turned off. The stereo and TV are notorious on this score, which is why most of us install individual kill switches on those. But this is why the trailer battery has a battery disconnect switch.

I’d start with Denny’s advice and confirm the solar is actually connected correctly. Assuming that, I’d position the trailer in full sun, with the panel facing south, and make sure it all works. And then I’d plug the trailer in anyway, because a 100 watt panel will take way longer to recharge a fully depleted battery.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW