Options

Upgrade interior door panel?

We love our 2018 320s but we really like the newer doors that have the storage bungees and trash receptacle like the one in the photo. Does anyone know if it’s possible to upgrade? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2022
    You could contact nüCamp and see if the new door would fit your TaB, and if they are available as a replacement part.
      These doors come from Europe, and are installed by nüCamp during the trailer’s construction.  
    Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    Im sure that inside plastic panel is a seperate part that can be switched out.  Check with your dealer. By the way though,  I have not found the trash bin to be usable. No way to really use a trash bag in it without it sticking out all around the top and the bag falling inside when putting trash in.  I tried hard at first to use it but I think alot of people just ignore that and do something else for trash. Nice concept but not functional in my opinion. 
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    In 2019 the bungee cords were replaced with two "pockets" and the round window became a vertical "slit' window.
    I agree with the (lack of) utility of the trash can.  I have tried to think of something that could be stored there since it isn't going to cut it as a trash can.  Unfortunately it is too deep to stow small things and too fragile to stow heavy things.  In addition, that trash can can, and will, pop off of the clips holding it to the door with even a small bump.
    For trash I use a plastic Walmart bag hanging on a hook to the right of the door.  Not all that convenient but better than the can on the door.
    In my professional opinion, and with vast experience, I have decided that Walmart bags are the best bags out there.  Grocery store bags and other bags are too thin and tear easily.  Since I also use them when scooping the cat's litter box, not tearing is important.
  • Options
    AnOldURAnOldUR Member Posts: 1,274
    edited May 2022
    Funny! We went the opposite direction. We could  have swapped doors.  :D

Stockton, New Jersey
    2020 nuCamp T@B 320S * Jeep Wrangler

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited May 2022
    I think the possibility of a door swap was discussed at the time they were first added to the 320 for the 2020 model year. If I recall, NuCamp’s answer was no, older models couldn’t “upgrade”. As others in this thread have noted, it’s not really much of an upgrade at all as its utility is very limited. 

A number of people have added storage to the door themselves, including trash cans. Obviously it can’t be anything that holds too much weight. I’ve used heavy duty Velcro to attach a small trash can inside the undersink cabinet, and you could easily do the same with the entry door. Dale Helman completely outfitted his with cut half baskets holding things like paper plates, there’s a post or two around here somewhere with his mod. Others have attached things like lightweight shoe holders. 

Edit: found a pic of Dale’s door setup, scroll down a bit through the first post and you’ll see it. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13864/dale-helman-and-his-mods-to-his-former-2015-t-b-320s-sofitel/p1
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The trash can in the door of our TaB fell off the first year whilst traveling down desert dirt rural roads, same for the fire extinguisher.  We remounted the fire extinguisher on the side of the dinette bench by the door, and replaced the trash can with a bungee to hold a auto flat style waste container.  

The molded door inside looks nice, but not that much functionality, a plain door would have been better.  I like what AnOldUR did to his door, clean and simple,looking.  Fits the style of the TaB’s simple classic lines.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    Funny, I too have found the "walmart" bags are my only go trash solution. I hang them on part of the door that with hold the handles or a command hook I have near by. 
  • Options
    GherzigGherzig Member Posts: 99
    Why is anyone placing trash in that door compartment?  It holds a bottle of wine perfectly.

2021 T@b 400 Boondock
           Oneonta, NY
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    2021 - Trash can falls off easy, fire extinguisher will come off if you shut the door hard (screws pull out of plastic), no electronic keypad lock fits it and it's sometimes hard to get the door to latch, you always have to check to see if it's latched properly,.. but the bungees hold a little brush and dust pan nicely. I wouldn't put any effort in switching to it. It's the one thing about the T@B I think is a really poor design.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    If you lube the latch and lock with a good lock dry lube, you will solve the hard to latch issue.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    SLJSLJ Member Posts: 450
    Denny16 said:
    If you lubebthe latch and lock with a good lock dry lube, you will solve the hard to latch issue.
     Cheers 
    Hasn't helped. It's more of a seal holds the door out a little too far so you really have to press ours to get it to latch. You can't slam it though as things will break.
    2021 T@B 320 S Boondock
    2023 Ford Maverick XLT
    The Finger Lakes of New York
  • Options
    marchulemarchule Member Posts: 38
    I tried the Camco 5-qt on our 320S and didn't care for it.  Putting in a trash liner was cumbersome.  The lid folds in and so putting something messy into the trash was getting it gunked up.  Then, if you are using the screen door, you're having to go outside to put something into the trash.  Having it outside makes it a magnet for insects, too. 

Many of these issues exist for the in-door receptacle on our 400BD.  Our in-door receptacle is used for storing the black tank chemical.  What we do use is a small trash can with a pop-up lid.  It fits nicely on the ledge under the table, is out of the way when not in use and uses a grocery bag nicely as a liner.

2018 320S / KIA Sorento 3.5 V6  - 2022 400 Boondock / KIA Telluride 3.8 V6  -  Utah