Options

Water Leak From Tube On City Water

We are doing a break-in trip in our Tab 320S and hooked up in an RV park to city water.  I can’t find a solution today by searching the forum but know I’ve seen someone with a similar problem but can’t find it.  I’m sorry if I have to repeat a previous problem/question.  
On City water I connected the hose to Nautilus with both red and blue levers horizontal. Did get water inside but had cold water coming out of the tube beside driver’s side rear stabilizer.  And after a bit had a water hammer effect so turned off City water.  Fiddled with nautilus controls to no avail.  I did turn the City water faucet down and now it’s a drip, drip.Any suggestions?  We’d like to go on from Wichita KS to South Dakota if we can work the bugs out.

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,649
    Using a pressure regulator?  If not, you have popped the Famous Yellow Flapper Valve.  Open up your Alde compartment, and look for a yellow valve.  If it is sticking up, that is where the water is coming from.  The valve is a pressure relief valve for the plumbing system for those times when a pressure regulator isn't in use.  It also acts to drain your Alde hot water tank.  If it is open, just press it back down horizontal and it will click back into place.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    PassportPassport Member Posts: 112
    Thanks, I left my brass pressure regulator at home because this 2022 320S has one “built-in” and I thought I would not need one but I was wrong again. I appreciate your response!  Next time I’ll bring the brass regulator.
  • Options
    Have you actually seen the built in regulator to confirm you have it?  They stopped using them by the time mine was built in January 2022. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,426
    While I am not 100% certain, I don't think the yellow flapper valve actually has to pop open vertically to drain water in a over-pressure situation. This can result in intermittent spillage that may confound efforts to diagnose the problem.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited May 2022
    Correct Scott, the valve will,partially open under excessive pressure rhe shutnoff again when the pressure drops back down.  You need to physically lift the yellow valve handle to get it flipped all the way up.
     Cheers 
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Yep, I’ve viewed the built-in regulator, it’s the approx 4-5 inches long and in-line.  I didn’t know they had such a short mfg period, that indicated to me that they were lacking somewhat.
  • Options
    Now I don’t get either hot nor cold water to the shower.  No water at all.  I’ve shut the city water off and tried the pump to no avail.  Still have water to all other faucets.  I’ve read something about this but I’ve read so much I can’t remember where I’ve seen the fix.  Any suggestions?
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    @Passport Assuming your 400 has the Nautilus P3 water management panel.
    Suggest you recheck your Natutilus Levers . . .
    Sounds like your RED Handle/Lever is in winter-bypass-mode
    While you did not comment on the White or Green Handle/lever

Reference Source:
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Muttonchops, I have a 320-S 2022 model.  I think it still has the Nautilus P3 model though.  I have both red and blue levers set to City water Thais, horizontal.  Tomorrow we are towing the 320 50 miles to another town so maybe all the jiggling will settle any air issues in the lines-if there are any and fix itself?  I’m going to review your diagram and see if it applies to the 320.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    Passport said:
    Muttonchops, I have a 320-S 2022 model.  I think it still has the Nautilus P3 model though.
    Sorry, I missed your 320 reference in the original post

Passport said:
    Now I don’t get either hot nor cold water to the shower. 
    Again sorry, no real idea of source of your problem.
    If it were me . .  I'd turn-off everything and go for a walk.
    On returning and starting to turn everything back-on you might find an ' of course ' user error

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    Thanks Muttonchops, that is probable the best route to take at this point.  I’ll post tomorrow what the results are.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @Passport - only use the water pump when you are using your fresh water tank.  
     While hooked up to city water, flush the toilet and get air out of the lines. 
     Did you fill the Alde water tank?  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    On the 320, the Alde cutoff valve is on the left side of the Nautilus locker, it is not on the panel.  Easy to miss as it is not visually obvious, you need to look around to,the edge of the compartment.
    Be sure it is in the horizontal position, not vertical (which will by-pass the water heater tank).
     Cheers 
  • Options
    I found the by pass valve and switched it and have the pump producing water to the kitchen sink now but still no water to shower.  It had water a week ago until we took this trip and oddly quit.  Maybe after today’s trip of bouncing around the air/water will settle and will get water to the shower.
  • Options
    Does it make a difference if you pull out the shower hose completely.  Maybe a kink?
  • Options
    No Sharon_is_Sam, it doesn't help to pull the shower hose out, apparently there is no kink.  This is really strange, if a water line leads to a faucet, the if there is water in the line its reasonable to think water will come out of that faucet unless there is a valve shut off or bad solenoid.
  • Options
    Can you remove the panel above toilet to access the plumbing to the sink/shower?  
  • Options
    I just removed the panel and as I figured, the same line that provide water flow to the kit sink should u see normal circumstance provide water to the shower.
    Here's what I found, I loose fitting to shower faucet and I'll spray water all over (I had the water turned off and pressure released.). There is either some sort of impediment in the lines both hot and clod leading from the PEX lines to the line ex on the shower faucet.  It isn't the PEX, It's the mesh covered lines or possibly the faucet itself and that is a real possibility!
    I'm going to see if I can take the faucet apart and look at the valve.
  • Options
    There is no water if I remove the shower faucet out of the supply hose so it isn't the faucet, its within the small supply lines to the faucet. Perhaps the tube have collapsed within themselves.
  • Options
    It is not unusual to have plastic debris in the water system.  It usually shows up in the water pump filter or in faucet aerators.  It can clog the fresh water tank uptake, but rarely.  I have never heard of a supply line being completely occluded.
  • Options
    Have you checked to see if there is an on/off valve on the shower head?  Most RV showers have this to turn water flow off at the shower without changing the water temp settings to the shower head.  This valve will,stop the water from coming out of the shower head.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    Denny16, you are correct, the dealer didn’t tell me the the shower knob had to be “raised” to turn it on.  I’ve been twisting the knob for days and no water. I life and there is water.  I took the entire faucet out and after I took it out I found that it not only twists but raises to turn on.  I feel so stupid!  And I wasted everyone’s time and I apologize to all, even the ones that only read the post.
  • Options
    No worries @Passport.  Can you post a picture?  Not sure how this new fangled showerhead/faucet works.
    Hope your trip proceeds without further issues:)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Glad you got it sorted.  The control valve was kind of the elephant in the room, on this discussion.  Sometimes, the obvious answer is not always that easy to spot.
     Cheers 
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    edited May 2022
    Passport you absolutly did not waste anyone's time. This is what this forum is here for. You had a problem that needed to be solved regardless of the cause or outcome. There is someone who will learn from challenges like yours so thank you for reaching out for help. 
  • Options
    You folks are too kind, I still even though I claim I'm mechanically incline messed up on this one but thanks for making it seem worthwhile.